Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 289101112

Re: OT - How bout dem O's hon!!!!!

Look for Gano to get one in the ribs.

WORLD CHAMPIONS 2000 * 2012

Quote Originally Posted by The Fanatic View Post
    Anybody else expecting to see a possible pitching retaliation today?
    I don't think you retaliate, per se. You do exactly what Sabathia did, bust a batter leaning over the plate up and in. And if it hits him, it hits him. That's baseball. Let's see, who on the Yankees stands close to the plate and always is diving over it for the outside pitches? Captain, my captain.....

I think they have to. Jeter, ARod someone better hit the deck. The Yankees have hit Jones several times this year and now put our leadoff hitter out for the year. Let's not forget we never came back at Russell Martin for his antics with Andino to start the year. Like someone said, its baseball.

Britton has to do it early, get the team fired up and then beat them on the scoreboard. This team has really come together this year. I think its time to stand up for Markakis.

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk 2

Don't get to see much baseball over here or know the full ins and outs, but are you'd saying cc done that deliberately? Or why would yous even mention retaliation, isn't that a cheap shop, and a low ball move? Or is this regular in baseball, if your guy gets hit, you hit someone back...

Sounds like if someone hit flacco low, you'd would be advocating someone from our team hitting their QB low, and you just don't do that....

That's baseball, arnie.

It's an unwritten rule amongst pitchers. If the batter crowds the plate, the pitcher will throw inside to back off the batter if they get hit, oh well. If your batter gets hit, then there is usually a retaliation. It could happen in the same game, the next game or a game down the road.

But it's situational too. They won't retaliate until a point in the game where putting a man on base isn't a big deal.

And you NEVER throw at a batter with the intent to hurt or hit them in the head. That's a big time no no. Yet, there are a handful of pitchers who do head hunt but they don't last long and are douchebags.
    WARNING: This post may contain material offensive to those who lack wit, humor, common sense and/or supporting factual or anecdotal evidence. All statements and assertions contained herein may be subject to literary devices not limited to: irony, metaphor, allusion and dripping sarcasm.

6. Re: OT - How bout dem O's hon!!!!!

Never seen a bench clearing brawl from MLB over there across the pond Ernie?

Ya might today!!
    Will Die A Ravens Fan!!

Quote Originally Posted by arnie_uk View Post
    Don't get to see much baseball over here or know the full ins and outs, but are you'd saying cc done that deliberately? Or why would yous even mention retaliation, isn't that a cheap shop, and a low ball move? Or is this regular in baseball, if your guy gets hit, you hit someone back...

Sounds like if someone hit flacco low, you'd would be advocating someone from our team hitting their QB low, and you just don't do that....
    It wasn't intentional. Not on an 0-2 count. That's reckless. If you're hitting him on purpose, you don't give him two pitches to hit first.

Instead of watching football today, I'll be at the game. Not often I get to watch playoff caliber baseball. Taking every opportunity I can
    Follow me on twitter at @dandrews66

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonRaven View Post
    That's baseball, arnie.

It's an unwritten rule amongst pitchers. If the batter crowds the plate, the pitcher will throw inside to back off the batter if they get hit, oh well. If your batter gets hit, then there is usually a retaliation. It could happen in the same game, the next game or a game down the road.

But it's situational too. They won't retaliate until a point in the game where putting a man on base isn't a big deal.

And you NEVER throw at a batter with the intent to hurt or hit them in the head. That's a big time no no. Yet, there are a handful of pitchers who do head hunt but they don't last long and are douchebags.

I agree entirely this is the unwritten rule, but whenever I hear it, I'm reminded of Rick Sutcliffe. He wasn't a good pitcher in his time with the Orioles, which accentuated the problem, but he would frequently plunk the very first hitter of the next half inning.

Did he think someone would miss the connection if he waited intil 2 out and none on?

Blog Entries

It's awesome, wearing my O's shirt today on the first Sunday of NFL kickoff - what does that tell you?

Go O's,.... and go Denver
    World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

Quote Originally Posted by arnie_uk View Post

I'm not saying to hurt anyone. But I feel as though the Yankees come in on us a lot. They have this year and I think they hit Jones three times this year. They should throw in on Jeter and just let the Yankees know that we are defending our players. Jeter is always on top the plate. Throw in on Jeter and have Buck stare over at the Yankees dugout and make sure the Yankees know that we will fight back and aren't intimidated by them.

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk 2

Awesome idea of bumping this thread. I can't remember the last time we were paying close attention to both the Orioles and Ravens during the month of September.
    This team has proven to be resilent all year. Just when you think the other shoe is about to drop it doesn't. I feel the same way with Markakis. Sucks for him. He's never participated in the playoffs and will probably have to sit this one out. I'm confident the Orioles can maintain the momentum. Something tells me we will win today. I would have been happy with a split but I think Britton is going to take it to them.
    FWIW, Texiera was safe on that double play but who cares, payback is a bitch. Anyone remember the '96 playoffs.