On the lighter side ... How Star Wars relates to NFL personalities

In light of the bad news about Terrell Suggs, I did get a few laughs out of this slide show photo essay. I'll admit to being geeky enough to know most of the characters they reference. As to the football side, a number of Ravens & Steelers show up. But the one on Bill Belicheck had me laughing hardest.

http://www.nfl.com/photoessays/09000...content_stream

Mods, feel free to move to another forum if you deem it best.

Blog Entries

Re: On the lighter side ... How Star Wars relates to NFL personalities

This is pretty stupid, but some of the descriptions of comparisons are pretty funny.
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

I don't think he worded his C3PO/Flacco humbleness comparison properly. Or I just have no clue what he is trying to say.

The only difference here is C-3PO is a humble droid, whose good fortune leaves him in a position to help save the galaxy. If Flacco was really C-3PO, he would tell reporters that he really is the reason why the rebels were victorious and not his great defense.

Eh, I think he's just making a dig on Flacco because of Joe's recent comments to the media. But I'll agree that it's not a good comparison. C3PO was a fussy chatterbox, while Joe (at least up until this past year) has been cool and low-key.

Unforunately, the author made no comparisons involving Cam Cameron. What character in the Star Wars pantheon was stoic, stubborn, AND unimaginative?

Blog Entries

Adam Rank is a useless idiot, I don't even know how this moron has a job on the network.

Quote Originally Posted by leachisabeast View Post
    Adam Rank is a useless idiot, I don't even know how this moron has a job on the network.
    :word
    "I used to be disgusted, now I try to be amused" - Elvis Costello

As a Star Wars enthusiast, this is terrible.

Lewis as Mace Windu is probably the best. Vick as Lando is clever too, given his time as both "hero" and "villain". Brady/Bill as Vader/Palpatine is fitting, if unoriginal....although throwing in Eli as Luke is a nice touch.

Wilfork as Jabba fits, as well as Keisel as Chewbacca, but they're aren't really funny. The rest of them just make me scratch my head. Harrison is Qui-Gon? Ware as Darth Maul? Flacco as C-3PO, and Rice as R2? Coughlin is Yoda? The fuck?

They also missed a great opportunity to equate a Saints player or coach with a bounty hunter. Fett is wasted on Polamalu (another one that doesn't make much sense). But that's probably too much to expect from the league's official website.

What character in the Star Wars pantheon was stoic, stubborn, AND unimaginative?
    I nominate Admiral Motti. The officer that Vader chokes early in Episode 4 after he "finds his lack of faith disturbing". Boring and vanilla character, with extreme overconfidence in himself and the technology of the Empire (despite being warned of possible flaws in the Death Star, and ignoring this advice), and dismissive of any alternative sources of power (such as the Force). All of which ends up killing him when the Death Star is destroyed, with him on it.

well....that was four minutes of my life i'll never get back.
    "CARPE LOMBARDI"

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by trailhiker85 View Post
    Eh, I think he's just making a dig on Flacco because of Joe's recent comments to the media. But I'll agree that it's not a good comparison. C3PO was a fussy chatterbox, while Joe (at least up until this past year) has been cool and low-key.

Unforunately, the author made no comparisons involving Cam Cameron. What character in the Star Wars pantheon was stoic, stubborn, AND unimaginative?
    Cam Cameron is Jar Jar Binks. Annoying failure that still gets propped up as this great character by the people in charge.
    “When I think of a Baltimore Raven - we go in there, we take your lunch box, we take your sandwich, we take your juice box, we take your applesauce, and we take your spork and we break it. And we leave you with an empty lunch. That’s the Baltimore Raven way.” - Steve Smith Sr.

Call me a Special Teams coach again. I dare you! I double dare you, MFer!

Quote Originally Posted by trailhiker85 View Post
    Does George Lucas count?