Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Re: Amani Toomer calls out Kurt Warner

While I generally feel that Kurt Warner is and always has been an intolerable Douche, I have no problem with him saying this despite the millions he made from the sport. I don't find it hypocritical, or that he is biting the hand that feeds him at all. Him and that man he is married to have every right to think like parents and considering the new research on head injuries and football it's hard to argue with the evidence.
    • Section 133 for eternity!
    • I know... The family resemblance is uncanny.
    • START WEARING PURPLE!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by NJRaven View Post
    i meant their opinions on the topic. i don't know why toomer felt the need to call him out. maybe he needed a ratings boost?
    Winner. Controversy drives ratings.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by ActualSpamBot View Post
    Except the odds of making it big versus the odds of getting a really bad head injury aren't remotely comparable. It's ludicrous to bank on making it big in football as a means of compensating for the eventual head trauma just like it's ludicrous to play the lotto to pay for your retirement.
    That's what Warner did though. It does not take a seasoned surgeon to figure out that football is, has been and always will be a violent game. A violent game that Warner was willing to play to hit it big, which he did. He may have worked at a grocery store when he was down for a while (financially), but that doesn't mean that he didn't know the risk. There was already decades of examples to go off of, of players who suffered physically after their football careers. He could have stayed out, but chose to try and get back in. Now, it is thanks to that violent sport that he openly embraced that he can provide for his family.

Suddenly, it's not good enough for his kid, his kid can't play it and it's not worth the risk he took. I can understand his stance to a degree. However, what is he going to do when he tells his kid to follow his dreams and his kid's dream is to be like his father and play quarterback, or play football in general? He tells his kid that he can't play and his kid rebels, maybe, always chasing his dream anyway. It might not happen like that. The kid might actually be thankful for his father's intervention. Then again, the kid might not even want to play.
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore

Blog Entries

Captain is right.
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore

What I don't get is how no one has bothered to note how Toomer has just called to the mat every player who's involved in the lawsuit against the NFL around this concussion issue. They're all doing the same thing Warner has done in a far more direct fashion. How is it that no one has realized this???

I'm totally on Warner's side in this issue. He doesn't owe the game anything. The game didn't give him what he got. He earned it by being of the greatest players to play it, and he gave the NFL an incredible show. They paid him to be a part of it. But he doesn't work in the game anymore, and he doesn't owe the game anything, nor does anyone else that work or worked in it. The NFL is their employer.

If Warner's concerned for the safety of his kids, he has FAR more obligation to protect them than he does to a former employer. To suggest otherwise is a little ridiculous to me.

- C -
    ---------------------------------------------------

www.oblongspheroid.com

A blog about any and everything football.

Twitter: oblong_spheroid

Quote Originally Posted by psuasskicker View Post
    What I don't get is how no one has bothered to note how Toomer has just called to the mat every player who's involved in the lawsuit against the NFL around this concussion issue. They're all doing the same thing Warner has done in a far more direct fashion. How is it that no one has realized this???

I'm totally on Warner's side in this issue. He doesn't owe the game anything. The game didn't give him what he got. He earned it by being of the greatest players to play it, and he gave the NFL an incredible show. They paid him to be a part of it. But he doesn't work in the game anymore, and he doesn't owe the game anything, nor does anyone else that work or worked in it. The NFL is their employer.

If Warner's concerned for the safety of his kids, he has FAR more obligation to protect them than he does to a former employer. To suggest otherwise is a little ridiculous to me.

- C -
    +1................Warner should be applauded foir speaking out, instead of being vilified for it. He don't owe the NFL shit. They made millions off of him and the "greatest show on turf" for a few years.

Warner is more than welcome to not let his kids play football. He knows the risk of the game better than most of us do.

I have a three, nearly four, year old who is going to be very large considering he's the size of a six year old now. He'll be one hell of a lineman if he decides he wants to play, and given how both sides of his family feel about football, he'll probably want to. My only rule is that he won't play until he's in Jr. High.
    "A moron, a rapist, and a Pittsburgh Steeler walk into a bar. He sits down and says, “Hi I’m Ben may I have a drink please?”
    ProFootballMock

I was really upset that my parents didn't allow me to play football when I was a kid, and I used to swear that if my kids wanted to play, I'd allow them and even encourage it.

I have two daughters and we're not having any other kids, but I know I've gone 180 degrees on the subject. If I had sons, I would absolutely not allow them to play.

- C -
    ---------------------------------------------------

www.oblongspheroid.com

A blog about any and everything football.

Twitter: oblong_spheroid