Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Blog Entries

Does Ozzie have D Mason on speed dial?

Assuming we go into pre season with the current WR's on our team, we will get a chance to see who can fill that #3 WR position. I am expecting big things from Doss in particular, who I think could make a great slot receiver in this league.

Should Doss fail to impress, could we see Mason return to Baltimore? He has said he is open to make a come back, and has been working out with Torrey Smith, he could also mentor our younger receivers. He knows the system well, and is still pretty friendly with everyone on the team. He isn't anything close to what he used to be, but he'd probably not demand a high price to come back, and he would probably have the best hands out of everyone on our team apart from Pitta.

Please note, I aint saying we should rush in and do this NOW, I'm saying this IF none of our younger receivers step it up in pre season or the beginning of the season.

Blog Entries

Re: Does Ozzie have D Mason on speed dial?

No!!! if we didnt try to bring him back last year when Boldin was hurt we are not going to try to bring him back now

Blog Entries

Mason's done. That last year he had failing with the Jets and Texans was pretty ugly.

Blog Entries

No way leach.

Mason's legs can't hang anymore. Great player, but time yields for no man.
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Blog Entries

No way, even if he could still play. The lasting memory I have is him grabbing Flacco by the face mask during that infamous side line blow up in Carolina. He's done here.

Another receiver struggling to get separation? Not a wise move.

We need to move ahead with our young talent. It's that simple.
    We've made our decisions (i.e., drafting them), now it's time to make it work.

It's either that, or we completely flip our philosophy and decide to build this team via the market...which isn't happening for a very long time (assuming Eric succeeds Ozzie).

Blog Entries

No but he is Facebook friends with Ricky Proehl

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

Quote Originally Posted by GOTA View Post
    Mason's done. That last year he had failing with the Jets and Texans was pretty ugly.
    +1
    Never get in a fight with a pig; you both get muddy, and the pig likes it...

Blog Entries

Seems like it would be a bad idea then? Just throwing out suggestions, I'm just a little worried that we might only be going into the season with two proven receivers.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by leachisabeast View Post
    Seems like it would be a bad idea then? Just throwing out suggestions, I'm just a little worried that we might only be going into the season with two proven receivers.
    There are a ton of veteran receivers on the market. If they need one they can find one. They don't need to call Mason who is 38 and clearly just can't play anymore.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by GOTA View Post
    There are a ton of veteran receivers on the market. If they need one they can find one. They don't need to call Mason who is 38 and clearly just can't play anymore.
    Agreed and frankly getting younger with the TE position last year and even the WR position didn't hurt TOO much...there were definitely growing pains, but Pitta and Dickson's combined production far exceeded what Heap had done in 2010 and almost matched Heap's production over the course of 2009 & 2010.
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.