Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Re: Torrey workiing out with Mason.

I also believe Mason would be good for our WR's. As a coach, that is!

Quote Originally Posted by TtlPkg17 View Post
    @TorreySmithWR

working out with @deemason85 #tbt http://instagr.am/p/KLpfeCk-Z2/

This could be a good thing. Mason was always an outstanding route runner. He should be able to help Torrey a lot. Maybe Streeter should joijn in on those workouts too.
    tstreeter8 Tommy Streeter
    Just finished training with Ray Lewis....I thank God for him...order my steps Lord
    5 hours ago Reply Retweet Favorite
    WE DON'T NEED YOUR RESPECT BUT WE WILL BEAT UP ON YOU AND TAKE YOUR SOUL!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Raven 555 View Post
    I also believe Mason would be good for our WR's. As a coach, that is!
    Until he has a sideline meltdown like he had in Carolina.

I wonder if Torry Holt ever consider coaching bc he was a great route runner. Coming off the LOS he made all his routes look the same, some WIDE RECIEVER have tells but not Holt

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Irish Raven View Post
    +2

I know the names of a lot of the position coaches but I don't know who the WR coach is
    Bringing in Mason as an assistant to help him would be great.

All his knowledge of route running and veteran moves, our WR corp is bound to improve. Streeter would just soak up the knowledge
    Hostler is the receivers coach and he's fucking abysmal.

Whether or not Mason would be a good coach...probably not. Just because a guy is/was a good to great player doesn't mean that they have the slightest on how to convey their craft to someone else.

I would like to see the Ravens maybe look at other older receivers though who are interested in coaching. Charlie Joiner is someone I'd be interested in. He's been the WR's coach in SD since 2008 and before that was with the Chiefs working with Al Saunders. Getting someone like that would be a good move, IMO.

Irving Fryar, Art Monk, Tim Brown, Ed McCaffery, Rod Smith...

I'd be canvasing these guys seeing if (a) they'd even want to, and (b) if they'd be a good fit.
    Last edited by wickedsolo; 05-04-2012 at 06:50 PM.
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by bmorecareful View Post
    Our position coach is Jim Hostler, who is perhaps most famous for his stint as the 49ers OC, for less than one year in 2007. He was perhaps the worst OC in the league at that time--his 49ers offense ranked last or near last in almost every major offensive category in 2007. That's particularly egregious considering the 49ers were 6th in the league in rushing offense the year before and Frank Gore led the NFC in rushing.

I'm not a fan of Hostler at all and he was a coach I really wanted the Ravens to replace this past offseason, but alas, this team is seemingly not in the habit of firing coaches for any reason, least of all on-the-field performance, unless your name is Jim Zorn.
    :word
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post
    Hostler is the receivers coach and he's fucking abysmal.

Whether or not Mason would be a good coach...probably not. Just because a guy is/was a good to great player doesn't mean that they have the slightest on how to convey their craft to someone else.

I would like to see the Ravens maybe look at other older receivers though who are interested in coaching. Charlie Joiner is someone I'd be interested in. He's been the WR's coach in SD since 2008 and before that was with the Chiefs working with Al Saunders. Getting someone like that would be a good move, IMO.

Irving Fryar, Art Monk, Tim Brown, Ed McCaffery, Rod Smith...

I'd be canvasing these guys seeing if (a) they'd even want to, and (b) if they'd be a good fit.
    Irvin was schooling Blackmon and he seeM like he was enjoying it. I am sure MR. Pushoff can show the younger guys a few tricks