Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Blog Entries

Re: How does Pee's react?

Which ear is Kindle deaf in? Put him on the other side, problem fixed. Although I think it's far more of an issue.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by jaydee414 View Post
    Methinks Sergio needs to do some SERIOUS soul-searching right about now.
    What makes you think he hasn't done so already? Have you seen anything recent that says he's anything less than completely dedicated to becoming the best player he can be? If so link, please, because I haven't.
    The kid best screw his courage to a sticking place and strap it up come training camp.
    You could (& probably should) say that about any player who comes to camp not guaranteed a starting job.

Blog Entries

Regarding Kindle's deafness in one ear, that was a big thing for him to work on last year because it can (dont know if it has) impacted his balance.

That said, one of the things I remember reading was they were trying to develop a hands/signaling system for him so he'd know the play or at the very least, what his assignment is.
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by JustaslowZ06 View Post
    Which ear is Kindle deaf in? Put him on the other side, problem fixed. Although I think it's far more of an issue.
    I read somewhere in this forum that JJ was quoted as saying Kindle was "tearing it up in practice" last year. How was he doing that if "it's far more of an issue"?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by lobachevsky View Post
    I read somewhere in this forum that JJ was quoted as saying Kindle was "tearing it up in practice" last year. How was he doing that if "it's far more of an issue"?
    From what I recall he displayed good burst when rushing the passer and beat McKinnie and Oher quite a few times (not that that says much), but was having a difficult time digesting the playbook, so Ted Monachino spent a lot of extra time tutoring him & breaking down film with him.

I remember reading some quotes from him towards the end of the season where he said he felt a lot more comfortable with the playbook and had a hard time with it because of the lockout and he wasn't able to call the coaches and ask them questions. He stated he was just waiting for an opportunity.

Well King Serg...here it is.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by CoverD View Post
    That's the only thing that could hold Kindle back from hitting his potential IMO

During a presser Stan the Fan tried to ask about the deafness in Kindle's ear and
    how that would effect his game.

Ozzie said, huh? Next question and everyone laughed.

Then the Sun wrote about that deafness in one ear so Stan asked a legit question
    that Oz made fun of and didn't even answer.

We are fortunate that Suggs' injury has happened so early in the off-season.
    Pees has many months to design new schemes around how his DEs and OLBs look and develop.
    Having Jimmy (assuming he's coming along) and Webb on the field and healthy is going to be more key than ever for our pass rush.

Quote Originally Posted by AirFlacco View Post
    During a presser Stan the Fan tried to ask about the deafness in Kindle's ear and
    how that would effect his game.

Ozzie said, huh? Next question and everyone laughed.

Then the Sun wrote about that deafness in one ear so Stan asked a legit question
    that Oz made fun of and didn't even answer.
    Per Kindle himself, he is nearly 100% deaf in his left ear. http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...d-100-percent/

I think the thing with Ozzie is simple. He didn't want to answer the question and he wanted to pooh-pooh it. I don't support the way the Ravens brass treats the media a lot of the time, but the reality is that it has been apparent to me in the John Harbaugh era that the coaches and FO have become utterly and completely paralyzed by fear of "secrets" being leaked through the media.

They do everything they can to keep actual information from getting out to the media, lie/misdirect as much as they can get away with, and just generally treat members of the media like kryptonite. I'm not passing judgment on it, that's just the way it seems to me.

That's all a bit OT, but the fact of the matter is that Kindle himself said he was deaf in his left ear. That would mean he'll have to play on the strong side if he plays anywhere.

Not trying to rain on anyone's parade here, but I'm not ready to place the level of hope in Kindle that others seem to be doing. Here we have a guy who's 2 1/2 years removed from doing serious defensive snaps as a college star. His playing time with the Ravens last year was highly limited after doing nothing in 2010. We know there's a hearing issue (seems to be some question about the severity) and completely apart from that, the combination of an exceptionally long layoff in the wake of his injury raises serious questions about whether he can ever regain his college form, let alone play at NFL-level. OK, maybe JJ or another player was quoted as saying he was "tearing it up" in practice. First, that's a very subjective off the cuff assessment, and secondly, it was just that -- practice.

Yes, Kindle will have his chance now. And hopefully I'll be proven wrong. But I'm no where near being convinced. I really have to wonder if the Ravens will find someone else this summer to use at OLB who would get more playing time than Kindle. In fact, had Suggs not gone down I wonder if Kindle would have even made the team in 2012.

Whether it's Kindle, another guy on the current roster, or a summer FA signing, Suggs can be substituted for but cannot be replaced in terms of effectiveness. It'll be up to Pees & Co. to make effective adjustments. Talk about a challenge for the first year DC -- I think how that turns out will really tell the story of the 2012 season for the Ravens defense.
    Last edited by trailhiker85; 05-04-2012 at 09:08 AM.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by trailhiker85 View Post
    Not trying to rain on anyone's parade here, but I'm not ready to place the level of hope in Kindle that others seem to be doing. Here we have a guy who's 2 1/2 years removed from doing serious defensive snaps as a college star. His playing time with the Ravens last year was highly limited after doing nothing in 2010. We know there's a hearing issue (seems to be some question about the severity) and completely apart from that, the combination of an exceptionally long layoff in the wake of his injury raises serious questions about whether he can ever regain his college form, let alone play at NFL-level. OK, maybe JJ or another player was quoted as saying he was "tearing it up" in practice. First, that's a very subjective off the cuff assessment, and secondly, it was just that -- practice.

Yes, Kindle will have his chance now. And hopefully I'll be proven wrong. But I'm no where near being convinced. I really have to wonder if the Ravens will find someone else this summer to use at OLB who would get more playing time than Kindle. In fact, had Suggs not gone down I wonder if Kindle would have even made in 2012.

Whether Kindle, another guy on the current roster, or a summer FA signing, Suggs can be substituted for but cannot be replaced in terms of effectiveness. It'll be up to Pees & Co. to make effective adjustments. Talk about a challenge fro the first year DC -- I think how that turns out will really tell the story of the 2012 season for the Ravens defense.
    While I tend to agree with you, I hope Kindle proves us wrong by doing this to Andy Dalton on Monday night prime time.

Blog Entries

That would be flagged most likely.

You could argue that he led with his helmet. :)

It'd be really nice if he could destroy some RT's and QB's like that this year though.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post
    That would be flagged most likely.

You could argue that he led with his helmet. :)

It'd be really nice if he could destroy some RT's and QB's like that this year though.
    Yeah that's true haha, lets say that is BJGE or Bernard Scott then!