Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

How does Pee's react?

I'm not too familiar with Pees' defensively philosophy but seeing as how some adjustments are going to be needed what do you think they'll be?

Obviously the blitzing will have to be more creative to get guys in the best position to get to the QB but fortunately we don't have to compensate for terrible DB's. I think things will be bumpy for a while but seeing how Houston was able to bounce back from losing Mario Williams and we have equal (if not more) talent on the defense as a whole, I'm hopeful that the D will step up.

Re: How does Pee's react?

I think the good thing is team has had to "scheme" pressure in previous years and certaintly will have to do so this year. I think you'll see more of a effort to send more blitzers in certain situations. I think the biggest thing will be personnel, he has to push the right buttons in that regard getting the best 4 or 5 guys to attack the QB in obvious passing situations, and also getting those guys rushing from the right places.

Blog Entries

Tell Sergio Kindle this is his chance to make bank.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Silver View Post
    :word
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Exactly, the talent is there it just needs to show up on game day.

Blog Entries

I mean seriously, this guy, WAS one of the most feared pass rushers coming out of college. Had a major setback, but was allowed to learn the game. Got a whole year on the team, limited game time. Now he will have a full off season.

I mean it is a bad break for Suggs, no doubt, but a MONSTER opportunity for this guy to come out like a wrecking ball. And he will have the chance because between him, Kruger and the rookie, they are the best OLB's at rushing.

I'd hate to benefit at the cost of another, but the table has been set, his choice to make the best of it.

I mean seriously, this guy, WAS one of the most feared pass rushers coming out of college. Had a major setback, but was allowed to learn the game. Got a whole year on the team, limited game time. Now he will have a full off season.

I mean it is a bad break for Suggs, no doubt, but a MONSTER opportunity for this guy to come out like a wrecking ball. And he will have the chance because between him, Kruger and the rookie, they are the best OLB's at rushing.

I'd hate to benefit at the cost of another, but the table has been set, his choice to make the best of it.
    Not a Kindle hater but the guy did suffer a major head trauma. That kinda of injury can leave its mark on a person. The difference in pure physical talent between a guy who makes a NFL Team and guys who get cut or never invited to camp is not as much as you might think. We are talking hundreths of a second in speed, slightly better agility etc... A injury such as the one Kindle had could certainly leave its mark enough that he would go from being a sure thing to a guy on the margins.

I am rooting for the kid. I hope that what JJ said is accurate. I cant wait to see him on the field and see how he does. I do not see taking Upshaw in the draft as a commentary on if they think he can play so much as its just Ozzie and the Ravens taking the BPA as is their philosophy. On a side note, if there were ever a situation that really reinforces how much I love the BPA philosophy, this is it. Without Upshaw in the fold I would be a lot more pessimistic. You just never know what might happen. There is never such a thing as to many great players at any position
    “A linebacker's job is to knock out running backs, to knock out receivers, to chase the football,”
    -Ray Lewis

Quote Originally Posted by Raven Maniac View Post
    Exactly, the talent is there it just needs to show up on game day.
    Apparently w/ Kindle, it also needs to show up in practice. The dude was a game day inactive most of the season. He's had some bad breaks. Narcolepsey is not his fault ,and to the extent it has been involved in his driving into walls or falling down stairs, he gets a pass. However, booze and bad judgements could also explain such mishaps. Methinks he's not the brightest bulb on the string, which could account for both his difficulty mastering NFL defensive schemes and the misadventures. We the fans will never know for sure. Let's hope for no more boo-boos, and that a normal/full off-season and TC gets him ready to take advantage of the bad situation of Suggs going down, cause it's all hands on deck time.

Oh I get the injury factor, but if he's fearful then he doesn't belong on the field. From all reports I heard last year, he was a monster in practice. I don't see the injury playing any part in how Kindle fares from here on out.
    Aside from the complete deafness in one ear, I agree.
    “Great minds discuss ideas. Average minds discuss events. Small minds discuss people.”

–Eleanor Roosevelt

Methinks Sergio needs to do some SERIOUS soul-searching right about now. To have been drafted to play in the NFL, only to shit the bed by falling down steps while "sleepwalking", to now, being put in a position to about totally redeem his rep and credibility, (not to mention make bank)...I dunno. The kid best screw his courage to a sticking place and strap it up come training camp.
    "CARPE LOMBARDI"

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by jaydee414 View Post
    Methinks Sergio needs to do some SERIOUS soul-searching right about now.
    What makes you think he hasn't done so already? Have you seen anything recent that says he's anything less than completely dedicated to becoming the best player he can be? If so link, please, because I haven't.
    The kid best screw his courage to a sticking place and strap it up come training camp.
    You could (& probably should) say that about any player who comes to camp not guaranteed a starting job.

Quote Originally Posted by Sirdowski View Post
    Aside from the complete deafness in one ear, I agree.
    That's the only thing that could hold Kindle back from hitting his potential IMO
    "A linebacker's job is to knock out running backs, to knock out receivers, to chase the football." - Ray Lewis