Ravens Making Roster Moves 8/6/07

Ravens cut a couple of UDFA's and add a couple other players: ROSTER MOVES

Re: Ravens Making Roster Moves 8/6/07

Wow thanks Tony. We could have paid $80 for this information on another site.

Actually I am surprised to see S Donnie Johnson cut. People seemed to think he had a chance to stick, especially given we are thin at safety. This was a quick cut..did he get hurt somehow?

I'm a bit surprised that he was let go this quickly as well. He has a reputation for being a hitter and he hasn't really had an opportunity to showcase that. I thought perhaps that the preseason games would allow him to do so particularly since there is no real depth at safety.

Johnson has been less noticeable in practice than Bobby Blackshear. Not that Blackshear has been lighting it up but he has played better than Johnson. Jamaine Winborne has be seeing some action at safety and his cover skills are better than Johnson's.

I like the Swancutt pick up. Liked him a fair bit coming out of Oregon State and given the lack of true defensive ends on the roster (I know we can and do fiddle around with players and formations to cover this) I'll be interested to see what sort of chance he gets to stick with the team.