Page 28 of 28 FirstFirst ... 262728

Re: Cerrato confirmed Sizzle has torn achillles

Quote Originally Posted by JAB1985 View Post
    good news. I dont see how a partial tear can be worse after surgery to repair it. I know with an ACL partial tear just means its a time bomb waiting to blow and you rehab it to build the muscle around it and strengthen it, but an Achilles from what i understand is completely different in almost every way and actually heals.
    Well, yeah. One is a ligament (which holds bone to bone and serves as support to a joint); the other is a tendon (which holds muscle to bone), so there is going to be a major difference in how it heals.

Quote Originally Posted by JAB1985 View Post
    good news. I dont see how a partial tear can be worse after surgery to repair it. I know with an ACL partial tear just means its a time bomb waiting to blow and you rehab it to build the muscle around it and strengthen it, but an Achilles from what i understand is completely different in almost every way and actually heals.
    I am pretty sure some information is missing from the radio report or that Dr. was speaking of typical partial tears. It goes this way. If partially torn you have a choice to have surgery or not. If not you are placed in a funny slanted uncomfortable boot to enable the Achillles to reattach itself and it is possible that it wont heal correctly. But, he had the surgery so it won't be a problem. As I said repeatedly Achillies are usually 6 month injuries. A partial tear with surgery can be a little shorter with less healing time and then of course less rehab time. He will be most likely in most circumstances fine. Been their done that.

Quote Originally Posted by alien bird View Post
    Did any of you guys that are ripping on this article even bother to read it?

I'm asking because I did. The sentence structure and flow read like a 3rd grade paper. I was wondering if any of you thought the same.
    After I saw your comment, I went and read it. Yes, it is written in such a way as to make it appear a bit longer than it actually is, with one and two sentence paragraphs. A common grade school ploy. :)
    "I used to be disgusted, now I try to be amused" - Elvis Costello

Blog Entries

Regardless of what Suggs says about possibly being ready for Week 1, I fully expect the Ravens to put him on the PUP list at the beginning of the season (like they did with Ed Reed a couple opf years ago). The worst thing that Suggs could do is to try and come back too early and reinjure himself. Put him on the PUP list and then re-evaluate after Week 6.

Quote Originally Posted by Dirt1 View Post
    Regardless of what Suggs says about possibly being ready for Week 1, I fully expect the Ravens to put him on the PUP list at the beginning of the season (like they did with Ed Reed a couple opf years ago). The worst thing that Suggs could do is to try and come back too early and reinjure himself. Put him on the PUP list and then re-evaluate after Week 6.
    Agreed

Blog Entries

We'll miss him in a much needed game vs New England but it looks like he'll be back just in time for the Steelers.
    "What would you give for the man beside you?"

I agree to a point, but if the tear is only a 2-3mm tear or so he may not miss
    any time. It will depend on how long across or how long vertically it is. Thatvwe don't know. Not worried about it only early May. Unitas has a complete tear in 71 in
    April and started the opener in September and only missed few preseason games.
    It's not that big a deal, glad it happened now. It is likely or possible he had micro tears from years of use and was going to pop in time like a time bomb. So good news is it happened in April instead of TC or during the season.

Blog Entries

And hopefully Suggs can come back and lead the league in sacks like Reed did with INTs

Quote Originally Posted by NCRAVEN View Post
    And hopefully Suggs can come back and lead the league in sacks like Reed did with INTs
    Maybe we dodged a bullet with this happening now and appearing to be a partial tear. It seems likely he comes back this season. Even if this is true but you have to expect that this injury and time off will impact his performance for this coming season. If he can safely step on a field at 75% then he is still prob a all pro and frankly he is still likely a better option than the combo of Kindle, McAdoo and Kruger @ 100%. Thinking more like TSizzle circa 2009 (a year he even admitted to some extent not being prepared as he should) vrs the dominant version of 2011. If he can be effective against the run, I think they can scheme other ways to get to the QB. Yea you will lose some production overall but we have a decent secondary and that will help also .... the D will be ok.
    “A linebacker's job is to knock out running backs, to knock out receivers, to chase the football,”
    -Ray Lewis

Completely agree. We need Suggs to be healthier towards the end of the season. It may be a hidden bonus that we don't play Pitt until December. That would be a great game for Suggs to come back too.

Since we dont know they facts like the "real" recovery timetable that the Dr.s gave we can only guess. But since the process took only 30 min and there was a small incision according to Suggs makes be believe it was not that bad at all. He COULD be on a 2-4 month timetable based on those facts but we wont know until camp which would be 2 months into his rehab which he said starts in 2 weeks. I can see a situation where he does not start on PUP so he can practice with the team and come back earlier than 6 weeks if ready. if he is PUPed he cant practice and he will most likely need 2 weeks of practice so that is week 8 if we PUP him. Bottom line is we really wont know until info gets out from the Ravens or other sources or until camp. But my Gut says he comes back early in the season (week 4-6).