Page 22 of 28 FirstFirst ... 2021222324 ... LastLast
    Blog Entries

Re: Suggs has Torn Achillles (Merged)

This is where we really needed Hightower in the draft.

Ozzie is still recovering from not getting him but Upshaw will do.

Blog Entries
    I am not going to over react but you don't lose the best defensive player in the league and think it's gonna be ok with next man up IMO.

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

Blog Entries

WBAL reported that Suggs will be operated on Tuesday and might be back in the second half of the season but he won't
    have that explosiveness.

Check out their site.

Re: Cerrato confirmed Sizzle has torn achillles

Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post
    Probably!

What I'm really hoping for is Ngata to come in and pick up the slack. As athletic as he is I would love to see him generate more of a pass rush up the middle.
    Yea thats a good point you bring up. Last year was not a great one for Ngata primarily due to injury. Hopefully he can bounce back and pick up some slack. I also think that there are some guys like McPhee, Jimmy Smith etc who can and will be even bigger factors this year than last which will help the defense. With Suggs this defense might have been dominant but without him I dont see them just falling flat on their faces, there are to many other talented guys on this team to let that happen.

The most logical course of action would be to find a veteran as the cuts start to happen who can compete with Kindle and McAdoo. If those two guys step up then you can always cut he vet....if they dont then you have a guy in camp who while not spectacular might be able to help fill the role.
    “A linebacker's job is to knock out running backs, to knock out receivers, to chase the football,”
    -Ray Lewis

Blog Entries

Adam Sheftner says he'll be operated on next week.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by AirFlacco View Post
    Adam Sheftner says he'll be operated on next week.
    They've already reported it as having a 3-6 month timetable. More on the 6 month side though (so...October).
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenswintitle View Post
    I am not going to over react but you don't lose the best defensive player in the league and think it's gonna be ok with next man up IMO.
    I agree but at the same time I dont think it means the defense goes from being top five to mincemeat either. Will the defense be as good as it could have been with him (Suggs) on the field? Certainly not but there is still a lot of talent on the defensive side of the ball and I think they will be "ok" ... I would be surprised if they do not finish in the top ten at the end of next year even if Suggs does not play a down.
    “A linebacker's job is to knock out running backs, to knock out receivers, to chase the football,”
    -Ray Lewis

Blog Entries

Speaking of Kindle, JJ said before he left that Kindle tore it up in practice. His prob was there were so many great players
    in front of him that he couldn't crack the lineup.

Like someone posted, now is his big chance. We'll see if JJ was right but he sure liked him.

This is a defensive team and Ozzie is stock piled with D players. We'll be OK. Maybe not as great as before but we'll still be
    in it.

Blog Entries

I wish Harbs would let some of the younger players play more often. Look at the gem Torrey turned out to be. The only way that happened was because of an injury to Lee Evans.

Tells me his observational ability for who is ready to see the field is somewhat lacking.

Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post
    They've already reported it as having a 3-6 month timetable. More on the 6 month side though (so...October).
    That sounds about right. Much like an ACL though, Suggs will not be back to his normal explosive self until 2013 likely. At this point you move forward thinking he wont be back till to 2013 because even if he does get back in October, its not gonna be the dominating and explosive TSizzle we all know and love. I would not be shocked if he eventually gets IR'd. Will have to wait to see what the surgery shows but if its a rupture and repair then it makes very little sense to rush back a guy and expose him to injury again when he only would be able to perform at a level at or near the guys who replaced him. It may and likely will be more sensible to let him focus on his rehab and getting back to his normal self for the 2013 season.

Time will tell if Suggs can get back this season but a smart organization (like the Ravenss) should assume he will not and make contingency plans with that in mind
    -Ray Lewis

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenous1 View Post
    That sounds about right. Much like an ACL though, Suggs will not be back to his normal explosive self until 2013 likely. At this point you move forward thinking he wont be back till to 2013 because even if he does get back in October, its not gonna be the dominating and explosive TSizzle we all know and love. I would not be shocked if he eventually gets IR'd. Will have to wait to see what the surgery shows but if its a rupture and repair then it makes very little sense to rush back a guy and expose him to injury again when he only would be able to perform at a level at or near the guys who replaced him. It may and likely will be more sensible to let him focus on his rehab and getting back to his normal self for the 2013 season.

Time will tell if Suggs can get back this season but a smart organization (like the Ravenss) should assume he will not and make contingency plans with that in mind
    Eh, Achilles are different from ACL's. As was stated on this board and in general, it is common for a surgically repaired Achilles to actually be stronger than the previous one.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Ravenous1 View Post
    I agree but at the same time I dont think it means the defense goes from being top five to mincemeat either. Will the defense be as good as it could have been with him (Suggs) on the field? Certainly not but there is still a lot of talent on the defensive side of the ball and I think they will be "ok" ... I would be surprised if they do not finish in the top ten at the end of next year even if Suggs does not play a down.
    Agreed. Suggs just has a knack for swatting the ball out that most players can't do. Those turnovers can be the difference in a W or L.

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!