Page 21 of 28 FirstFirst ... 1920212223 ... LastLast

Re: Cerrato confirmed Sizzle has torn achillles

Quote Originally Posted by Purplestickypunch View Post
    I actually just joined this forum because of that thread about suggs from yesterday. I only found it because I googled "did terrell suggs actually tear his acl" because I heard from a friend who has a similar inside source with the ravens who is usually right about these types of things around 2 pm yesterday. I was trying to back the original poster up by saying I had heard the rumor too but by the time i joined the site the forum had been removed...anyway, this sucks
    It wasn't removed, it was moved because so many people were giving the member a hard time.

Lots of folks certainly owe him a small apology.

Re: Suggs has Torn Achillles (Merged)

WTH man... I've been at work all day and have been following the coverage about Suggs on and off via my smart phone. Can't say that I was totally shocked by the news since we heard rumblings of the injury here last night, but jeez. :grbac:

So what's the plan now, Suggs will almost definitely be out a good part of the season... do we shop around for a vet to fill the gap or do we play with the guys that we have? And if it's a vet that we're after who's available that isn't going to want a monster contract that would be worth picking up? Sorry if I'm repeating questions that have already been asked, but I'm still trying to get up to speed with this thing.

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonRaven View Post
    It wasn't removed, it was moved because so many people were giving the member a hard time.

Lots of folks certainly owe him a small apology.
    I've been humbled.

Quote Originally Posted by Raven Maniac View Post
    WTH man... I've been at work all day and have been following the coverage about Suggs on and off via my smart phone. Can't say that I was totally shocked by the news since we heard rumblings of the injury here last night, but jeez. :grbac:

So what's the plan now, Suggs will almost definitely be out a good part of the season... do we shop around for a vet to fill the gap or do we play with the guys that we have? And if it's a vet that we're after who's available that isn't going to want a monster contract that would be worth picking up? Sorry if I'm repeating questions that have already been asked, but I'm still trying to get up to speed with this thing.
    Wow this sucks. You can't lose the reigning defensive player of the year and expect it to not impact the defense in some way shape or form. Drafting Upshaw looks better and better to me now. I could see the Ravens going after a veteran on a one year deal but I think they are pretty much going to have to hope that Kindle, McAdoo and company can step up. They lack the cap space at this time to really address it in a more meaningful way and i just dont see them putting Suggs on the Non-Football Injury list for playing basketball/staying in shape, its not their style.

I think the defense will be ok but his loss will impact them to some degree. The defense will be good but not as good as it could have been. Damn
    “A linebacker's job is to knock out running backs, to knock out receivers, to chase the football,”
    -Ray Lewis

3.4 -- Yards per rush allowed by the Ravens when Suggs was on the field last season. Baltimore allowed 5.9 yards per rush without Suggs.

part of http://espn.go.com/blog/afcnorth/pos...by-the-numbers

Quote Originally Posted by Thyrl View Post
    Moved but not removed...here it is - http://ravens24x7.com/forum/showthre...rell-Suggs-ACL

Also for those beefing with this being a basketball injury (still debatable) doesn't the fact that the Ravens have a basketball court set up in the complex negate any case that they could make about not wanting players hooping?
    Lol great point Thyrl. Look bottom line is that I would prefer that guys are doing things to keep in shape. Its a freak injury that could happen at any time to anyone. Its not like he was riding a motorcycle, repelling down a cliff or skydiving when it happened. He was doing what we all hope our players do which is stay in shape and be prepared for the upcoming season.
    “A linebacker's job is to knock out running backs, to knock out receivers, to chase the football,”
    -Ray Lewis

suggs by the numbers, courtesy off http://espn.go.com/b...-by-the-numbers

1 -- Suggs is the only player over the past two seasons with at least five sacks, five forced fumbles and five passes defensed (in a single season, not in both seasons combined).

3 -- Games he's missed over his nine-year career (141 out of a possible 144).

3.4 -- Yards per rush allowed by the Ravens when Suggs was on the field last season. Baltimore allowed 5.9 yards per rush without Suggs.

5 -- Combined sacks by Suggs over the past two postseasons, most in the NFL.

18 -- Combined tackles for loss the past two seasons, which ranks fifth in the NFL.

20 -- Suggs' total sacks the past two seasons when the Ravens sent four or fewer rushers.

25 -- Suggs' sacks the past two seasons. Only four players have had more.

82.5 -- Suggs' sacks (eighth among active players). Only six players have more sacks since Suggs' rookie season in 2003.

1,139 -- Snaps played by Suggs last season (including playoffs). That means he was on the field for 95 percent of the team's defensive snaps.

The rushing ones is concerning, i said at the outset, im very worried about the rush, losing him and JJ. Upshaw should almost match JJs production in run defense. I wonder how kruger will get on, if he was very good at it, he would have been starting last year.

The second bolded item is very impressive. 4 or less guys and he gets 20 sacks? that production will be very hard to match!

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenous1 View Post
    Wow this sucks. You can't lose the reigning defensive player of the year and expect it to not impact the defense in some way shape or form. Drafting Upshaw looks better and better to me now. I could see the Ravens going after a veteran on a one year deal but I think they are pretty much going to have to hope that Kindle, McAdoo and company can step up. They lack the cap space at this time to really address it in a more meaningful way and i just dont see them putting Suggs on the Non-Football Injury list for playing basketball/staying in shape, its not their style.

I think the defense will be ok but his loss will impact them to some degree. The defense will be good but not as good as it could have been. Damn
    Yeah, that's pretty much how it has to be... no money to sign a big named pass rusher and I guess it really wouldn't make a lot of sense to do so even if we did. We just drafted a pass rusher and have pretty decent depth and talent at the position so why waste the Cap space?
    This hurts us for sure, but it won't kill our season. Hopefully Suggs returns like he told Arron Wilson he would, in late October. Meanwhile, maybe we can unearth some of those hidden "diamonds in the rough" that are already on board.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Jayc00 View Post
    Now who's ass is Roethlisberger going to belong to?

Kruger the Beast.

Blog Entries

I actually think that the defense will be ok. Not great, but ok.

Kruger had IIRC 5.5 or 6 sacks as a part time player last year. I see no reason why he cannot produce 8-10 sacks (maybe more) as a full time player. Obviously the biggest hit will come against the run, but luckily Upshaw was one of the better run defenders in this draft and while he may not be a sack machine right away, he should be able to help out against the run a lot more than we're all expecting.

The big question mark for me is what is Kindle going to do? Big spotlight on this guy and if he can't get onto the field with Suggs MIA then there is nothing left to really think about with him.
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by AirFlacco View Post
    Kruger the Beast.

Probably!

What I'm really hoping for is Ngata to come in and pick up the slack. As athletic as he is I would love to see him generate more of a pass rush up the middle.
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Blog Entries

The Sun is reporting it and saying Suggs could be out the year with Achillies.
    Here's link if you can hack into the article. If you have Safari click on reader
    and it will come in. If you don't have it download Safari and click on reader.

WNST is reporting the rumor.

http://talk.baltimoresun.com/forumdisplay.php?f=10