Page 17 of 28 FirstFirst ... 1516171819 ... LastLast

Re: Suggs has Torn Achillles (Merged)

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonRaven View Post
    Y'all better temper your expectations of Kindle.

I've watched this kid since he was a freshmen. That's the benefit of having a Longhorn uberfan for a wife.

You can't fix stupid.

Understood. If there was ever a time for the Ravens to go against their demands for "complete" ball-players though, this is the time. By that I mean, Kindle might not be smart enough to play the OLB spot, thinking about coverage, etc., but, if you let him pin his ears back and simply set the edge or go get the QB on every play, I think he can be successful in that role.

Quote Originally Posted by landspeed View Post
    He hasnt had any issues in a while and theirs no denying his talent.
    When did I question his talent?

Kindles problem has always been Kindle. The NFL is littered with stories of waisted talent. Unless they have an incredibly short leash on the kid, he's going to be his own undoing.

Quote Originally Posted by goodandfast View Post
    Understood. If there was ever a time for the Ravens to go against their demands for "complete" ball-players though, this is the time. By that I mean, Kindle might not be smart enough to play the OLB spot, thinking about coverage, etc., but, if you let him pin his ears back and simply set the edge or go get the QB on every play, I think he can be successful in that role.
    Agreed.

I can see him having moderate success as a situational pass rusher.

Blog Entries

Re: Cerrato confirmed Sizzle has torn achillles

Quote Originally Posted by landspeed View Post
    Dont shoot me, but Im just making a prediction

Sergio Kindle has a BREAK OUT YEAR.

This is his one and final chance. Time to put up or shut up.
    Don't agree (that it's his final chance). Signing FAs aside, and with Kruger and Upshaw as stating OLBs, hopefully Kindle can do what Kruger did in 2011. That is rush the passer on 3rd and longs. It is Sergio's 3rd year in Baltimore, and perhaps he can follow in Kruger's footsteps. PK will be an UFA in 2013, so maybe Kindle can replace him then (?) ... Bc

Blog Entries

Just heard this a few hours ago. Really sorry to hear this. Suggs is an awesome player and he will be missed.

So, looking big picture Ravens does this impact the way the Ravens align their defense?
    Since Suggs was probably the most versatile, do the Ravens decide to run more of a straight 3-4, or a 4-3 because they have lost that versatility?

Its a huge blow to our defense and i will miss Suggs but i have faith and confidence he will come back in October and November. And also, i have faith and confidence in our young guns to step up in Suggs abscense. I dont get the entire "OH WE ARE DOOMED"! fiasco. Come on guys we had ray who was out 4 games last year. Ed 6 games in 2010. It could be the same way with Suggs. GET WELL 55!!! Looking forward to OCT/NOV!!!

RavenTerp Guest

News is getting better!

WNST ‏ @WNST

Terrell Suggs on recovery time in text message to @WNST: "Usually 6 months, but it's high by the calf, so it's like 4-6 months." #Ravens

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by RavenTerp View Post
    News is getting better!

WNST ‏ @WNST

Terrell Suggs on recovery time in text message to @WNST: "Usually 6 months, but it's high by the calf, so it's like 4-6 months." #Ravens
    The question is: Where is that information coming from?
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore

Quote Originally Posted by RavenTerp View Post
    News is getting better!

WNST ‏ @WNST

I think one of the keys here is that he cannot try to come back too soon. The worst thing that can happen is him rushing back, only to get hurt worse than he already is.

Quote Originally Posted by The Excellector View Post
    The question is: Where is that information coming from?
    It's coming from Suggs and his discussion with doctors.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by goodandfast View Post
    It's coming from Suggs and his discussion with doctors.
    What doctors though?
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore