Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 35
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    The Land of Verdite
    Posts
    13,364
    Blog Entries
    1

    The Quality of the Board.



    I just wanted this thread to speak about the quality of the forum members here. There are some varying opinions, but everyone seems to do a good job of identifying players and their profiles. Most here also do a good job of identifying the type of players that the Ravens look for, situations where they will look for them, and why they might make an unusual move.

    Again, there may be differing opinions on whether or not a player is wanted here, but there is a very good grasp of who will work and who will not work.
    "When questioned, the Elders explained that they were in search of magical powers. However, they're actually searching for the whereabouts of a certain ring. This ring is a legendary treasure that long ago was known to exist"




  2. #2
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    1,959
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: The Quality of the Board.

    Gimme your hands! Because you're WONDERFUL! Turn on with me, and you're never lone.




  3. #3
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Severna Park
    Posts
    3,455
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: The Quality of the Board.

    I hate you all




  4. #4
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    New York City
    Posts
    8,180
    Blog Entries
    4

    Re: The Quality of the Board.

    Quote Originally Posted by The Excellector View Post
    I just wanted this thread to speak about the quality of the forum members here. There are some varying opinions, but everyone seems to do a good job of identifying players and their profiles. Most here also do a good job of identifying the type of players that the Ravens look for, situations where they will look for them, and why they might make an unusual move.
    Again, there may be differing opinions on whether or not a player is wanted here, but there is a very good grasp of who will work and who will not work.
    Ex, the Sun board deteriorated into a virtual mess. That is why so many (myself included) defected to the 24X7 board. While you're always going to get some deplorable posters here, the mods really do a very good job of keeping threads on point. I am happy to participate in the give-and-take, and respect 98% of the opinions (even if they don't coincide with mine)... Bc




  5. #5
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    section 132
    Posts
    2,648
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: The Quality of the Board.

    David Reed is the next Jerry Rice.




  6. #6
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    4,340
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: The Quality of the Board.

    I think you're all a bunch of nobbers to be honest.




  7. #7
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Eastern Shore
    Posts
    2,559

    Re: The Quality of the Board.

    Quote Originally Posted by BcRaven View Post
    Ex, the Sun board deteriorated into a virtual mess. That is why so many (myself included) defected to the 24X7 board.
    The childish namecalling over there got so bad it was like the board was invaded by a bunch of 8th graders. On top of that they wanted to charge you for it.




  8. #8
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    2,063
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: The Quality of the Board.

    Trade a first rounder to the Steelers for Troy Smith

    We should have never have let him go, he will be our starter




  9. #9

    Re: The Quality of the Board.

    Mods on this board are on their game, for sure. But, gotta admit, the Sun board also gave me quite a few laughs over the years before it got too out of hand.




  10. #10
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    over by the dental floss bush
    Posts
    17,949
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: The Quality of the Board.

    and Ricky Proehl lives on..
    World Domination 3 Points at a Time!




  11. #11

    Re: The Quality of the Board.

    Quote Originally Posted by lowrider View Post
    The childish namecalling over there got so bad it was like the board was invaded by a bunch of 8th graders.
    That's why we are heavy-handed when it comes to insulting each other, but we allow swearing. People that aren't allowed to swear and spend all day berating each other are children. People who are allowed to swear but debate instead of insult are adults. We prefer an adult audience.

    - C -
    ---------------------------------------------------

    www.oblongspheroid.com

    A blog about any and everything football.

    Twitter: oblong_spheroid




  12. #12
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    "Merry old England"
    Posts
    9,307
    Blog Entries
    4

    Re: The Quality of the Board.

    I must say, haven't been here for long at all, but idk why I joined a lot earlier than I did. The official Ravens message board and a few facebook pages I've been part of over the years are filled with people who don't know shit about football, here mostly everyone has an opinion on something that they can back up and support an argument. That's why it's such a surprise when you get guys who stop by now and again and post threads on how we should have signed Manning, or drafted Russel Wilson in the first round, you see shit like that every day on other boards.




  13. #13
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    San Dimas, CA
    Posts
    7,798

    Re: The Quality of the Board.

    Quote Originally Posted by psuasskicker View Post
    That's why we are heavy-handed when it comes to insulting each other, but we allow swearing. People that aren't allowed to swear and spend all day berating each other are children. People who are allowed to swear but debate instead of insult are adults. We prefer an adult audience.

    - C -
    That policy is fucking ridiculous, but I greatly admire the person who came up with that shit.




  14. #14

    Re: The Quality of the Board.

    Quote Originally Posted by alien bird View Post
    That policy is fucking ridiculous, but I greatly admire the person who came up with that shit.
    Not just a single person: you can thank a couple of hundred of us who conducted a mass revolt against the Sunspot "Talk Administrator" of 1999-2000, who threatened to publish all members' IP addresses because we were naughty and disrespectful. We all moved over to Admin Steve's newfound Ravens Nest 2 message board (later rechristened as Ravens Insider, then Scout, then 24x7).

    The RN2 membership threatened to engage in another mass revolt if he didn't allow us to use potty words. Being British, Admin Steve did not know what he was getting into. (This part of the story isn't even close to being true).

    The compromise was reached that we could drop F-bombs if we promised to not piss on one another. (This part of the story is also not even close to being true). We lived happily ever after: polite, without requiring moderation except for occasional whacking of Steelers fans, until Sunspot invasion II last year, when board membership grew so fast that existing moderators could no longer continue napping on the job, so reinforcements were added.
    In a 2003 BBC poll that asked Brits to name the "Greatest American Ever", Mr. T came in fourth, behind ML King (3rd), Abe Lincoln (2nd) and Homer Simpson (1st).




  15. #15
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    OC. MD.
    Posts
    379

    Re: The Quality of the Board.

    I am completely new to message boards. I joined here last pre-season and also another board. Primarily I was using the boards as a way of getting news and insight. (we all know what the media is). I have to say I got hooked a little bit. I really enjoy the debate and other peoples insight. It is funny, I still don't know all the quirks of posting certain things. Guess I should just get in the test area. Hey !!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I even have it on my phone now. Dang I am gettin high tech. Seriously this is a great board. I really only have one other board to compare it to but this one is much better.




Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Russell Street Report Website Design by D3Corp Ocean City Maryland