Page 7 of 13 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Re: Saints Player Suspensions Announced

Quote Originally Posted by NCRAVEN View Post
    I don't want to jump to conclusions, but based on that response I'll take the answer to my question of have you heard the tape of Williams in the team meeting before the San Fran game as "no".
    We are not discussing the punishment of Gregg Williams.

Using "will" here implies "in the future" meaning you're not here yet. Not saying that's the case just an FYI.
    I really have no interest in defending my age. Just pointed out that the other poster really had no point on the use of a report to prove my age.
    The pointing out of grammatical errors on a message board is IMO just plain foolish.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by blah3 View Post
    We are not discussing the punishment of Gregg Williams.
    Well I jumped to a conclusion that was correct.

I am done arguing with someone who is clearly not educated about the subject, other than to think there was just a pool of money to put guys out of a game but not to injure or end their career.

Tell ya what, do some more research and come back when you have the facts.

I am done arguing with someone who is clearly not educated about the subject, other than to think there was just a pool of money to put guys out of a game but not to injure or end their career.

So Jonathon Vilma is to be responsible for a speech by Gregg Williams?

http://articles.businessinsider.com/...h-school-level

Blog Entries

1. You still didn't listen to tape.

2. You just proved my argument. Thank you.

From YOUR link
    And while Williams says some of the speech is over the top, he defends most of it as what you would hear in most locker rooms (via ESPN)...

"[this] falls into what happens on a Saturday night heading into a Sunday game. A lot of it was just 'let's be violent, let's play hard.' I've heard 'take the head and the body will fall,' I've heard that a million times, even at the high school level. I think where he gets specific. Where he starts to name names, as far as Michael Crabtree and going after the ACL. Taking Vernon Davis and going after the ankles. And Kyle Williams and going after the head concussion. I think that's when specifically, that's when it goes overboard...But for the most part, what you heard in that speech, the violence that takes place on a Saturday with the speeches that are given, as far as what we call the 'rah-rah speech,' that happens. That is the norm on a Saturday night heading into a Sunday game."
    So Darren Woodson says the voilent speech is the norm, but the specifics are not the norm and go overboard. Thus disproving your point that it goes on in every locker room and proves mine that the intent to injure players and potentially end their career was over the top, and worthy of the year suspension.

Yes, because there are no places in the working world where you will have to turn in a report.
    Right. When you get there, I hope you will take care to write as well as you are able. It may not make a difference to *you* that you are still turning in reports to teachers, but it makes a difference to me, as a guy who doesn't mind going slowly and patiently with someone who thinks he knows everything even when he's completely wrong.

Not sure if you read the article you linked there, but the writer specifically says Williams went "overboard" exhorting the players to attack specific injuries to specific players and that's the part where he's talking about putting money into the bounty pot, too, which is the same bounty scheme that got them all in trouble.
    Festivus

His definitions and arguments were so clear in his own mind that he was unable to understand how any reasonable person could honestly differ with him.

1. You still didn't listen to tape.

2. You just proved my argument. Thank you.

From YOUR link

So Darren Woodson says the voilent speech is the norm, but the specifics are not the norm and go overboard. Thus disproving your point that it goes on in every locker room and proves mine that the intent to injure players and potentially end their career was over the top, and worthy of the year suspension.

I'm pretty sure that I said Gregg Williams is not the topic of discussion. I used that link to show that his speech was not too far away from the norm, and as such, supply credence to my point that Jonathon Vilma is not Gregg Williams and should be judged by his own actions and not Gregg Williams actions. You bringing Gregg Williams into the conversation implies that Vilma heard some sort of unbelievably out there speech and should have become aware of how out of control Williams was.

Now, contrary to the opinions of some, I'm leaving work now. I will gladly take this up tomorrow. n

Blog Entries

I'm pretty sure that I said Gregg Williams is not the topic of discussion. I used that link to show that his speech was not too far away from the norm, and as such, supply credence to my point that Jonathon Vilma is not Gregg Williams and should be judged by his own actions and not Gregg Williams actions. You bringing Gregg Williams into the conversation implies that Vilma heard some sort of unbelievably out there speech and should have become aware of how out of control Williams was.

Now, contrary to the opinions of some, I'm leaving work now. I will gladly take this up tomorrow. n
    Gregg Williams led the bounty program that Vilma participated in and put down 10k of his own money. You conveniently don't want Williams to be part of this (since it CLEARLY hurts your flawed argument) but he is a major player as are the players who took part.

Every team is trying to purposefully 'hurt' a player. You don't think Suggs is trying to 'hurt' Big Ben or Brady?
    No because if he was the only thing he would have to do is take a shot at his knees. If I am correct Suggs has the most hits on Ben as far as the Ravens goes and they are legal. As far as your sticker example you're in incorrect, players get stickers for performance not illegal hits. By your logic a FS would get a sticker if he gave up the winning touchdown but in the process of getting beat there is helmet to helmet contact which the player has to be carted off.. You're getting clean hard hitting confused with illegal hits especially targeting another players previous injury. I am sorry you're not understanding what everyone is trying to explain to you.
    WE DON'T NEED YOUR RESPECT BUT WE WILL BEAT UP ON YOU AND TAKE YOUR SOUL!!!!!!!

That argument is ridiculous. The article does not say the speech "was not too far away from the norm," it specifically says the speech was "overboard" when it went into discussing specific players and injuries and that's *precisely* what Vilma was suspended for participating in. Your article does not support your argument.

I suppose I'll take you at you're word that you aren't some arrogant kid, which means you and I are both better off if I put you back on ignore.
    Festivus

His definitions and arguments were so clear in his own mind that he was unable to understand how any reasonable person could honestly differ with him.

blah, so what do you propose should have been vilmas punishment for putting down 10k to anyone who injured Warner (or favre i cant remember which)? they have video evidence off this... so whats the punishment? or is that allowed?