Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast
Results 13 to 24 of 152
  1. #13
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Frederick, MD
    Posts
    28,344
    Blog Entries
    3

    Re: Saints Player Suspensions Announced



    Quote Originally Posted by BcRaven View Post
    Oh man, there goes Cleveland's Super Bowl hopes down the drain... Bc
    Haha.
    Milk is for babies. When you grow up, you have to drink beer.

    -Arnold Schwarzenegger


    My RSR Blog:
    http://russellstreetreport.com/author/paullukoskie/

    Check out Fatherhood Rules - a blog site dedicated to sports, food, music, movies, and politics.
    http://fatherhoodrules.com




  2. #14
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    "Merry old England"
    Posts
    9,237
    Blog Entries
    4

    Re: Saints Player Suspensions Announced

    IMO Curtis Lofton and David Hawthorne are upgrades over Vilma anyway.




  3. #15
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Frederick, MD
    Posts
    28,344
    Blog Entries
    3

    Re: Saints Player Suspensions Announced

    Quote Originally Posted by leachisabeast View Post
    IMO Curtis Lofton and David Hawthorne are upgrades over Vilma anyway.
    Probably, but it's highly likely that BOTH of them wouldn't have been signed if the Saints thought that Vilma wasn't going to be suspended for any serious length of time.

    The fact that they did pretty much tells me that they were aware that Vilma was likely going to be facing a year long suspension.
    Milk is for babies. When you grow up, you have to drink beer.

    -Arnold Schwarzenegger


    My RSR Blog:
    http://russellstreetreport.com/author/paullukoskie/

    Check out Fatherhood Rules - a blog site dedicated to sports, food, music, movies, and politics.
    http://fatherhoodrules.com




  4. #16
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Greensboro, North Carolina
    Posts
    4,787
    Blog Entries
    3

    Re: Saints Player Suspensions Announced

    Quote Originally Posted by blah3 View Post
    What does that mean? Do they have evidence of Vilma specifically targeted and hitting people with illegal hits?
    I may be in the minority, but until Goodell comes out and gives valid reasons for these punishments, I'm going to support the players in this instance. These punishments are ludicrous without a really good explanation.
    They have evidence that he put a 10 k bounty of his own on Favre in the NFC title game the year they won the superbowl.




  5. #17
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    New York City
    Posts
    6,937
    Blog Entries
    4

    Re: Saints Player Suspensions Announced

    Quote Originally Posted by Corey View Post
    They have evidence that he put a 10 k bounty of his own on Favre in the NFC title game the year they won the superbowl.
    I've been suspended for a year from the family for putting a 10K bounty on my sister-in-law. Hmmmm, I may actually be ahead because of this... Bc




  6. #18
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Northern Ireland, UK
    Posts
    2,691

    Re: Saints Player Suspensions Announced

    so your supporting ther pplayers who were trying to injure other players, rather than the players who were the victims?
    Quote Originally Posted by blah3 View Post
    What does that mean? Do they have evidence of Vilma specifically targeted and hitting people with illegal hits?
    I may be in the minority, but until Goodell comes out and gives valid reasons for these punishments, I'm going to support the players in this instance. These punishments are ludicrous without a really good explanation.




  7. #19

    Re: Saints Player Suspensions Announced

    Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post
    Again, they have evidence and documentation on Vilma specifically advocating and supporting these bounties.



    http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...r-all-of-2012/
    Two things here, if that is the case, Goodell should have come out and said it. You are expecting me to place trust in PFT. We see how accurate their portayal of Harbaugh's comments were.

    Secondly, is there evidence that the players actually committed illegal hits in response to the bounties? Do the Saints have an above the league average of illegal hits during those years? Every team in the league has a 'money pot'.

    1 year is outrageous. Especially considering the career length of players.




  8. #20
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Clayton,NC
    Posts
    7,358

    Re: Saints Player Suspensions Announced

    Quote Originally Posted by blah3 View Post
    1 year is outrageous. Especially considering the career length of players.
    Not when you consider, they HAD A BOUNTY TO INJURE other players, that could in turn shorten their careers.

    Have you heard the tape of Williams in a team meeting telling his guys to go after Kyle Williams' (I believe) head, and it was something to the affect that he has had concussions.




  9. #21

    Re: Saints Player Suspensions Announced

    Quote Originally Posted by NCRAVEN View Post
    Not when you consider, they HAD A BOUNTY TO INJURE other players, that could in turn shorten their careers.

    Have you heard the tape of Williams in a team meeting telling his guys to go after Kyle Williams' (I believe) head, and it was something to the affect that he has had concussions.
    Again does the league have tape of illegal hits?




  10. #22
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Clayton,NC
    Posts
    7,358

    Re: Saints Player Suspensions Announced

    Quote Originally Posted by blah3 View Post
    Again does the league have tape of illegal hits?
    Sigh... Yes... Hold please.




  11. #23
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Frederick, MD
    Posts
    28,344
    Blog Entries
    3

    Re: Saints Player Suspensions Announced

    Quote Originally Posted by blah3 View Post
    Again does the league have tape of illegal hits?
    Does it matter?

    The whole bounty thing transcends the NFL and becomes a potential federal issue for obtaining money not included/authorized/TAXED within their specific contract.
    Milk is for babies. When you grow up, you have to drink beer.

    -Arnold Schwarzenegger


    My RSR Blog:
    http://russellstreetreport.com/author/paullukoskie/

    Check out Fatherhood Rules - a blog site dedicated to sports, food, music, movies, and politics.
    http://fatherhoodrules.com




  12. #24

    Re: Saints Player Suspensions Announced

    Quote Originally Posted by blah3 View Post
    Two things here, if that is the case, Goodell should have come out and said it. You are expecting me to place trust in PFT. We see how accurate their portayal of Harbaugh's comments were.

    Secondly, is there evidence that the players actually committed illegal hits in response to the bounties? Do the Saints have an above the league average of illegal hits during those years? Every team in the league has a 'money pot'.

    1 year is outrageous. Especially considering the career length of players.
    I strongly suspect the reason the punishments throughout this case have been so severe is that the people involved lied to NFL investigators to cover up what was happening.

    I think the *real* message being sent here, and the real distinction between what NO did and what NE did, is that Goodell will come down on you like God's hammer if you lie to investigators. If you did something wrong, fine, they'll take a 1st and a fine or something, but if you are called down to the office and lie to the principal, heaven have mercy on your soul.
    Last edited by festivus; 05-02-2012 at 12:38 PM.
    Festivus

    His definitions and arguments were so clear in his own mind that he was unable to understand how any reasonable person could honestly differ with him.




Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Russell Street Report Website Design by D3Corp Ocean City Maryland