Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Blog Entries

Re: Saints Player Suspensions Announced

Quote Originally Posted by BcRaven View Post
    Oh man, there goes Cleveland's Super Bowl hopes down the drain... Bc
    Haha.
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Blog Entries

IMO Curtis Lofton and David Hawthorne are upgrades over Vilma anyway.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by leachisabeast View Post
    IMO Curtis Lofton and David Hawthorne are upgrades over Vilma anyway.
    Probably, but it's highly likely that BOTH of them wouldn't have been signed if the Saints thought that Vilma wasn't going to be suspended for any serious length of time.

The fact that they did pretty much tells me that they were aware that Vilma was likely going to be facing a year long suspension.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by blah3 View Post
    What does that mean? Do they have evidence of Vilma specifically targeted and hitting people with illegal hits?
    I may be in the minority, but until Goodell comes out and gives valid reasons for these punishments, I'm going to support the players in this instance. These punishments are ludicrous without a really good explanation.
    They have evidence that he put a 10 k bounty of his own on Favre in the NFC title game the year they won the superbowl.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Corey View Post
    They have evidence that he put a 10 k bounty of his own on Favre in the NFC title game the year they won the superbowl.
    I've been suspended for a year from the family for putting a 10K bounty on my sister-in-law. Hmmmm, I may actually be ahead because of this... Bc

so your supporting ther pplayers who were trying to injure other players, rather than the players who were the victims?
    What does that mean? Do they have evidence of Vilma specifically targeted and hitting people with illegal hits?
    I may be in the minority, but until Goodell comes out and gives valid reasons for these punishments, I'm going to support the players in this instance. These punishments are ludicrous without a really good explanation.

Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post
    Again, they have evidence and documentation on Vilma specifically advocating and supporting these bounties.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...r-all-of-2012/
    Two things here, if that is the case, Goodell should have come out and said it. You are expecting me to place trust in PFT. We see how accurate their portayal of Harbaugh's comments were.

Secondly, is there evidence that the players actually committed illegal hits in response to the bounties? Do the Saints have an above the league average of illegal hits during those years? Every team in the league has a 'money pot'.

1 year is outrageous. Especially considering the career length of players.

Blog Entries

Not when you consider, they HAD A BOUNTY TO INJURE other players, that could in turn shorten their careers.

Have you heard the tape of Williams in a team meeting telling his guys to go after Kyle Williams' (I believe) head, and it was something to the affect that he has had concussions.

Quote Originally Posted by NCRAVEN View Post
    Not when you consider, they HAD A BOUNTY TO INJURE other players, that could in turn shorten their careers.

Have you heard the tape of Williams in a team meeting telling his guys to go after Kyle Williams' (I believe) head, and it was something to the affect that he has had concussions.
    Again does the league have tape of illegal hits?

Blog Entries

Sigh... Yes... Hold please.

Blog Entries

Does it matter?

The whole bounty thing transcends the NFL and becomes a potential federal issue for obtaining money not included/authorized/TAXED within their specific contract.

Two things here, if that is the case, Goodell should have come out and said it. You are expecting me to place trust in PFT. We see how accurate their portayal of Harbaugh's comments were.

Secondly, is there evidence that the players actually committed illegal hits in response to the bounties? Do the Saints have an above the league average of illegal hits during those years? Every team in the league has a 'money pot'.

I strongly suspect the reason the punishments throughout this case have been so severe is that the people involved lied to NFL investigators to cover up what was happening.

I think the *real* message being sent here, and the real distinction between what NO did and what NE did, is that Goodell will come down on you like God's hammer if you lie to investigators. If you did something wrong, fine, they'll take a 1st and a fine or something, but if you are called down to the office and lie to the principal, heaven have mercy on your soul.
    Last edited by festivus; 05-02-2012 at 01:38 PM.
    Festivus

His definitions and arguments were so clear in his own mind that he was unable to understand how any reasonable person could honestly differ with him.