Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
Results 31 to 45 of 151
  1. #31
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Frederick, MD
    Posts
    31,858
    Blog Entries
    3

    Re: Would Jacoby Jones Be a Good Fit With Ravens?



    Quote Originally Posted by Boulderraven View Post
    I'm rebutting your argument that he would drop balls vs the Steelers. Gave you evidence that our Raven players did the same at Pittsburgh, that cost them 2 games almost a 3rd. Vs Houston Rice fumbled twice we got it back, Jones fumbled
    And we got it. Point being their is no Raven type player- just ballers. We need a return man is my point. It wont be Webb, it won't be Doss (to slow). If they were confident in what they had they wouldn't have hone after Ginn.
    We're not talking about Ravens players. We're talking about Jacoby Jones. If you can't follow along with a debate, then I don't know what to tell you. You're the one trying to include the Ravens' players. I'm telling you that Jones doesn't fit what the Ravens are trying to do. He'd be overpriced and not very effective in cold weather against physical teams. If he was such a great player, why did the Texans cut him in favor of two unproven rookie receivers?

    There are "Raven type" players and Jacoby Jones isn't one of them. Ginn was being looked at purely as a return specialist and guess what? He didn't have any fumbles last year and has had 1 fumble in the past 2 seasons. Ginn may not be a physical player, but he doesn't fumble that often either and Ginn also isn't looking to be a team's #1 or #2 receiver. He also has 3 ST's touchdowns in the past two seasons as well, including 1 PR and 1 KR for TD's last year. So, in 138 returns (Punts/Kickoffs) in the past two seasons he's fumbled one time. This is, of course, also considering that he averaged over 12 yards per punt return last year and nearly 28 yards per kick return.

    Your boy Jones didn't return a single kick off last year and averaged 10.6 yards per punt return with 1 TD. He also has 3 fumbles in the past 2 years.


    So hmmm....let's weigh this out...1 guy has 1 fumble in 2 years and 3 TD's while averaging more yards per return and another guy has 1 TD in 2 years, averages less yards per return, and more fumbles...hmmm...
    Milk is for babies. When you grow up, you have to drink beer.

    -Arnold Schwarzenegger



    Check out Fatherhood Rules - a blog site dedicated to sports, food, music, movies, and politics.
    http://fatherhoodrules.com




  2. #32

    Re: Would Jacoby Jones Be a Good Fit With Ravens?

    Quote Originally Posted by Boulderraven View Post
    I'm rebutting your argument that he would drop balls vs the Steelers. Gave you evidence that our Raven players did the same at Pittsburgh, that cost them 2 games almost a 3rd. Vs Houston Rice fumbled twice we got it back, Jones fumbled
    And we got it. Point being their is no Raven type player- just ballers. We need a
    return man is my point. It wont be Webb, it won't be Doss (to slow). If they were
    confident in what they had they wouldn't have gone after Ginn.
    You're stretching. First of all, you didn't rebut what Wicked said at all--you just pointed out that Ravens players have fumbled, too, which has nothing to do with Wicked's point.)

    The fact that one player fumbled has nothing to do with another player's fumbling. Jones plays soft and small. We saw part of that when he fumbled against us because he took his eyes off the ball out of fear of getting hit. That's not his only problem, just like Wicked said, he's one of the least physical WRs you'll ever see. He's just not a try-hard guy and the Texans have given him the chance to win the starting job opposite Andre Johnson for 5 years now. He's never stepped up and taken it. The guy is a nobody, not a "baller" (whatever that ridiculous term even means.)

    Ginn might be better than what we had on the roster when we were trying to sign him, but that has nothing to do with whether or not JONES is better than what we have now. That's a huge stretch.




  3. #33
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    "Merry old England"
    Posts
    9,307
    Blog Entries
    4

    Re: Would Jacoby Jones Be a Good Fit With Ravens?

    Wicked ignore this guy, you wont get any sense out of him.




  4. #34

    Re: Would Jacoby Jones Be a Good Fit With Ravens?

    Wicked you open by saying Jones wasn't a Raven type player! I responded by saying what is a Raven type player. You responded by he is a P..sy, he'd drop balls at Pittsbugh. I gave you evidence how OUR Raven players dropped big plays vs Pittsbugh costing them 2 games, almost a 3rd. Ravens need a PR. We don't have one we can trust. Only rookies or Webb, but Webb is to valuable to do that. KO's are easier you have time a wedges to read, plus with new rules most balls are touchbacks. Jones, could return punts a vie as a 3rd/4th WR and deep threat. He isn't gods gift to the earth, but better at returning kicks with what we have now. Doss, leQuan and Steeter are unproven. Doss is a possession WR so take him out of the equation. But my main concern is the kicks, if the Ravens weren't concerned they wouldn't have made a emphasis to get try to get Ginn. Special teams is an emphasis on both sides is obvious that is why they went after Graham and Considine and drafted Asa and maybe Christian.




  5. #35

    Re: Would Jacoby Jones Be a Good Fit With Ravens?

    Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post
    Now hang on a minute there man...you said right now the Ravens have "NO" punt returner or kick returner.

    Webb is a punt returner and a pretty good one at that. You could argue that considering they just gave him an extension they don't want him returning punts because of potential injury, but that's not what you stated.

    LaQuan Williams can also return kickoffs and they have 3 rookies (Jackson, Thompson, & Rainey) who all have experience and success as kickoff and punt returners. There will be competition there. Also, don't rule out Tandon Doss being the kick returner. He was the main kick and punt returner at Indiana where he averaged 24 yards pe kick return.

    The point is, they have options.
    That's why I didn't understand why they never gave Williamsor Doss a chance to return kicks during the season
    WE DON'T NEED YOUR RESPECT BUT WE WILL BEAT UP ON YOU AND TAKE YOUR SOUL!!!!!!!




  6. Re: Would Jacoby Jones Be a Good Fit With Ravens?

    Quote Originally Posted by blacknpurplepain View Post
    That's why I didn't understand why they never gave Williamsor Doss a chance to return kicks during the season
    They were scared. Williams for sure should have got a shot last year. We had no return game last year. How could he done any worse?

    The coaches didnt want to have a rookie back there returing punts and kicks. The ravens would rather have a safety return punts than a WR. Which made no sense last year.




  7. #37
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Frederick, MD
    Posts
    31,858
    Blog Entries
    3

    Re: Would Jacoby Jones Be a Good Fit With Ravens?

    Quote Originally Posted by mommathurgoesthatman View Post
    They were scared. Williams for sure should have got a shot last year. We had no return game last year. How could he done any worse?

    The coaches didnt want to have a rookie back there returing punts and kicks. The ravens would rather have a safety return punts than a WR. Which made no sense last year.
    I think they tried LQ out and he fumbled a couple of times.

    He averaged about 22 yards per kick return (5/109 yards).
    Milk is for babies. When you grow up, you have to drink beer.

    -Arnold Schwarzenegger



    Check out Fatherhood Rules - a blog site dedicated to sports, food, music, movies, and politics.
    http://fatherhoodrules.com




  8. #38

    Re: Would Jacoby Jones Be a Good Fit With Ravens?

    LaQuan never returned punts at Maryland. Doubt Ravens wanted him to do that audition in the Pro's.




  9. Re: Would Jacoby Jones Be a Good Fit With Ravens?

    Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post
    I think they tried LQ out and he fumbled a couple of times.

    He averaged about 22 yards per kick return (5/109 yards).
    I dont recall them giving Williams a lot of chances. He only had one put return last year for zero yards. 5 kick returns is not a lot for a rookie. He fumbled once but our primary returner D. Reed fumble twice in one game. So i think he should be in the mix this year for that position. He was a returner in college so why cant he do it in the NFL? He's been doing it for a long time so i think i know what he is doing. Those rookie excuses should be out the window this year.




  10. Re: Would Jacoby Jones Be a Good Fit With Ravens?

    Quote Originally Posted by Boulderraven View Post
    LaQuan never returned punts at Maryland. Doubt Ravens wanted him to do that audition in the Pro's.
    This is what practice and preseason is for.




  11. #41

    Re: Would Jacoby Jones Be a Good Fit With Ravens?

    Quote Originally Posted by Boulderraven View Post
    Domestic abuse. Got in fight with a female, but since her father was a Bama fan alumn/booster charges were dropped.
    The girl father allowed a big ass lb to beat his daugther ass for the sake of football? I been trying to find this STORY but can not so if you do not mind can you post the link please. If that is truly what happen then the father needs his as kicked.

    OH, hell no to Jacobs, he lined up across one of the best Wide reciever in the game and put up sub par numbers for 5 year. He is not that good of a returner to warrant a spot on the 53 roster just to be on ST
    WE DON'T NEED YOUR RESPECT BUT WE WILL BEAT UP ON YOU AND TAKE YOUR SOUL!!!!!!!




  12. #42
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    2,855
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Would Jacoby Jones Be a Good Fit With Ravens?

    I'm still a bit traumatized by the Evans and Housh drops. Both guys were brought in as one year rentals to essentially fill the role that Jones would. Both were far better, more accomplished receivers with reputations of having reliable hands and they failed us in the biggest spots. I can only imagine the impending carnage from Jones.

    I'll pass.

    Also, mark my words.....if we truly want to add one....we will be able to get a WR of Jones quality or better at a later point of this season for less money than we would pay him now. There will be better values out there come August, assuming it's a need we are really even interesting in filling.




  13. #43
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Wilton, CT
    Posts
    16,038
    Blog Entries
    7

    Re: Would Jacoby Jones Be a Good Fit With Ravens?

    Jones is a strange player. He seems to have a lot of potential. Whenever he gets a chance to really prove himself he flops. I don't know if he just can't handle the pressure or is overrated because of a handful of terrific plays. Whatever the reason he's not for us.
    He Who Dares.....Wins




  14. #44

    Re: Would Jacoby Jones Be a Good Fit With Ravens?

    Rather have Jabar.




  15. #45

    Re: Would Jacoby Jones Be a Good Fit With Ravens?

    Boulder,

    I believed that Wicked was referring to the mental toughness aspect of the Ravens personae. That trait is critical in our division. Can you say, with confidence, that Jacoby Jones has that mental toughness?




Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Russell Street Report Website Design by D3Corp Ocean City Maryland