Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 151
  1. #16
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Frederick, MD
    Posts
    31,888
    Blog Entries
    3

    Re: Would Jacoby Jones Be a Good Fit With Ravens?



    Quote Originally Posted by Boulderraven View Post
    I seriously doubt Webb will be returning kicks. The only returner we have is the rookie Asa. Ball security is important on kicks of course, Reeds fumbles cost the Ravens homefield advantage with the Seattle game. Losing out on Ginn and pursuing him shows they really want a return guy. I think the hole in the draft the Ravens tried to fill but couldn't was a return specialist, because the got grabbed before we selected with the 4th round comp pick.
    Now hang on a minute there man...you said right now the Ravens have "NO" punt returner or kick returner.

    Webb is a punt returner and a pretty good one at that. You could argue that considering they just gave him an extension they don't want him returning punts because of potential injury, but that's not what you stated.

    LaQuan Williams can also return kickoffs and they have 3 rookies (Jackson, Thompson, & Rainey) who all have experience and success as kickoff and punt returners. There will be competition there. Also, don't rule out Tandon Doss being the kick returner. He was the main kick and punt returner at Indiana where he averaged 24 yards pe kick return.

    The point is, they have options.
    Milk is for babies. When you grow up, you have to drink beer.

    -Arnold Schwarzenegger



    Check out Fatherhood Rules - a blog site dedicated to sports, food, music, movies, and politics.
    http://fatherhoodrules.com




  2. #17

    Re: Would Jacoby Jones Be a Good Fit With Ravens?

    Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post
    He's also the guy that caught a deep TD pass over top of Ed Reed.


    Again, he's not a bad player, but he doesn't fit the profile of a Ravens player.
    What is a Raven player? McKinney? David Reed? Rickie Williams- 2 draft picks with off Feild issues in Upshaw and Jimmy Smith? TJ? They want players who can play period who fill needs. They aren't trying to get players to fill community service needs. Ray Rice? Mr. I'm Mr. Nice Guy- but pay me like AP-when he ain't worth it. They want ballers
    Just like everyone else.




  3. #18
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    "Merry old England"
    Posts
    9,307
    Blog Entries
    4

    Re: Would Jacoby Jones Be a Good Fit With Ravens?

    Quote Originally Posted by Boulderraven View Post
    What is a Raven player? McKinney? David Reed? Rickie Williams- 2 draft picks with off Feild issues in Upshaw and Jimmy Smith? TJ? They want players who can play period who fill needs. They aren't trying to get players to fill community service needs. Ray Rice? Mr. I'm Mr. Nice Guy- but pay me like AP-when he ain't worth it. They want ballers
    Just like everyone else.
    Yeah Rice is clearly the worst running back in the league...




  4. #19

    Re: Would Jacoby Jones Be a Good Fit With Ravens?

    Quote Originally Posted by Boulderraven View Post
    What is a Raven player? McKinney? David Reed? Rickie Williams- 2 draft picks with off Feild issues in Upshaw and Jimmy Smith? TJ? They want players who can play period who fill needs. They aren't trying to get players to fill community service needs. Ray Rice? Mr. I'm Mr. Nice Guy- but pay me like AP-when he ain't worth it. They want ballers
    Just like everyone else.
    Please enlighten me as to what off the field issues Courtney Upshaw has had?




  5. #20

    Re: Would Jacoby Jones Be a Good Fit With Ravens?

    Quote Originally Posted by NjRavensFan View Post
    Please enlighten me as to what off the field issues Courtney Upshaw has had?
    He was arrested in 2009 when a cop saw him grab his girlfriend by the neck/hair and push/throw her to the ground. Charges were dropped




  6. #21

    Re: Would Jacoby Jones Be a Good Fit With Ravens?

    Quote Originally Posted by NjRavensFan View Post
    Please enlighten me as to what off the field issues Courtney Upshaw has had?
    Domestic abuse. Got in fight with a female, but since her father was a Bama fan alumn/booster charges were dropped.




  7. #22
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Frederick, MD
    Posts
    31,888
    Blog Entries
    3

    Re: Would Jacoby Jones Be a Good Fit With Ravens?

    Quote Originally Posted by Boulderraven View Post
    What is a Raven player? McKinney? David Reed? Rickie Williams- 2 draft picks with off Feild issues in Upshaw and Jimmy Smith? TJ? They want players who can play period who fill needs. They aren't trying to get players to fill community service needs. Ray Rice? Mr. I'm Mr. Nice Guy- but pay me like AP-when he ain't worth it. They want ballers
    Just like everyone else.
    This doesn't have anything to do with off-field concerns. I don't think that the Ravens brass is too concerned with minor off-field stuff. Otherwise they wouldn't have drafted Upshaw and Jimmy.

    When I say he doesn't play like a Raven, basically I'm saying that Jacoby Jones is a fucking pussy. Ok? He's a bitch. He's a 6'2" 210lb receiver who doesn't want to get hit and doesn't want to get physical. He plays small, he gets alligator arms, and he can't get off of press coverage. Guess what would happen when he drops to return a punt against the Steelers? Mike Tomlin is going to have his gunners looking to plaster him and get in his head because he knows he'll likely cough it up.
    Milk is for babies. When you grow up, you have to drink beer.

    -Arnold Schwarzenegger



    Check out Fatherhood Rules - a blog site dedicated to sports, food, music, movies, and politics.
    http://fatherhoodrules.com




  8. #23
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Frederick, MD
    Posts
    31,888
    Blog Entries
    3

    Re: Would Jacoby Jones Be a Good Fit With Ravens?

    Quote Originally Posted by TheFlacco View Post
    He was arrested in 2009 when a cop saw him grab his girlfriend by the neck/hair and push/throw her to the ground. Charges were dropped
    And from what I can gather he's had no other issues since then.

    When you're 19, you do dumb shit.
    Milk is for babies. When you grow up, you have to drink beer.

    -Arnold Schwarzenegger



    Check out Fatherhood Rules - a blog site dedicated to sports, food, music, movies, and politics.
    http://fatherhoodrules.com




  9. #24

    Re: Would Jacoby Jones Be a Good Fit With Ravens?

    Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post
    This doesn't have anything to do with off-field concerns. I don't think that the Ravens brass is too concerned with minor off-field stuff. Otherwise they wouldn't have drafted Upshaw and Jimmy.

    When I say he doesn't play like a Raven, basically I'm saying that Jacoby Jones is a
    fucking pussy. Ok? He's a bitch. He's a 6'2" 210lb receiver who doesn't want to get hit and doesn't want to get physical. He plays small, he gets alligator arms, and he
    can't get off of press coverage. Guess what would happen when he drops to return a punt against the Steelers? Mike Tomlin is going to have his gunners looking to
    plaster him and get in his head because he knows he'll likely cough it up.
    I don't think Jones plays like a p'ssy. Think back two years ago Rice fumbled in Pittsburgh in the playoffs, same game Boldin drops TD. Year before Mason dropped easy TD in Pittsburgh late in 4th we lose. Last year at Pittsbugh on game winning drive Boldin drops wide open pass with 45 seconds to uncovered at the 13 yard line, then next play Smith drops TD. The go back to Smith he catches it. So Rice, Boldin twice, Mason all drop big plays. Then last year in Pittsbugh David Reed fumbles KO but the Ravens fall on it luckily. Rice fumbled Twice vs Houston in playoffs but we fall on it, Jacoby Jones fumbles but we fall on it. Your argument is invalid.




  10. #25

    Re: Would Jacoby Jones Be a Good Fit With Ravens?

    Quote Originally Posted by Boulderraven View Post
    Domestic abuse. Got in fight with a female, but since her father was a Bama fan alumn/booster charges were dropped.
    On the surface, that is MESSED UP if true.

    I understand taking one for the team, but that is ridiculous. I guess football really is religion in Alabama.




  11. #26

    Re: Would Jacoby Jones Be a Good Fit With Ravens?

    Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post
    And from what I can gather he's had no other issues since then.

    When you're 19, you do dumb shit.
    Guys, don't smack girls around. Period. A 260lb man roughing up a chick? If it wasn't for the father of the girl who knows what history might have been.




  12. Re: Would Jacoby Jones Be a Good Fit With Ravens?

    A returner is very important for the Ravens. Our offense is very vanilla and sometimes it stalls. If we had better returners we would have better field position. How many times did the Ravens start on their own 20yd line or less last season? How many 3 and outs did we get? We gave so many teams a short playing field last season from our non return game and our inability to pick up first downs.

    The way i see it is the Ravens need a return guy. Someone who will give us better field position. Jacoby Jones would fit the criteria. He is already proven. If not Jones than someone needs to step up in a big way this year.

    Webb just got an contract to be our #1 CB for many years to come. He will not be our primary returner. On occasions he will step back there to field punts or kickoffs but dont expect to see him that much if any. Field position will be key for the Ravens this year because i know it will be the same offense as before.




  13. #28
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Frederick, MD
    Posts
    31,888
    Blog Entries
    3

    Re: Would Jacoby Jones Be a Good Fit With Ravens?

    Quote Originally Posted by Boulderraven View Post
    I don't think Jones plays like a p'ssy. Think back two years ago Rice fumbled in Pittsburgh in the playoffs, same game Boldin drops TD. Year before Mason dropped easy TD in Pittsburgh late in 4th we lose. Last year at Pittsbugh on game winning drive Boldin drops wide open pass with 45 seconds to uncovered at the 13 yard line, then next play Smith drops TD. The go back to Smith he catches it. So Rice, Boldin twice, Mason all drop big plays. Then last year in Pittsbugh David Reed fumbles KO but the Ravens fall on it luckily. Rice fumbled Twice vs Houston in playoffs but we fall on it, Jacoby Jones fumbles but we fall on it. Your argument is invalid.
    Huh?

    I sometimes wonder about your thought process. Seriously.

    Jones has had every opportunity in Houston to solidify himself as the #2 receiver. He hasn't and a big reason for that is because he's only really effective when he's wide open, which in the AFC North is rarely the case. Jones wouldn't have been the difference in any of those games you mentioned by any stretch of the imagination.
    Milk is for babies. When you grow up, you have to drink beer.

    -Arnold Schwarzenegger



    Check out Fatherhood Rules - a blog site dedicated to sports, food, music, movies, and politics.
    http://fatherhoodrules.com




  14. #29
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Frederick, MD
    Posts
    31,888
    Blog Entries
    3

    Re: Would Jacoby Jones Be a Good Fit With Ravens?

    Quote Originally Posted by Boulderraven View Post
    Guys, don't smack girls around. Period. A 260lb man roughing up a chick? If it wasn't for the father of the girl who knows what history might have been.
    I'm not advocating that what Upshaw did was right.

    What I am saying is that doing something dumb when you're 19 doesn't define you as a man as long as you learn from your mistake and don't commit those atrocities again.

    He's lucky and who knows...maybe "he" paid the father and girl off?
    Milk is for babies. When you grow up, you have to drink beer.

    -Arnold Schwarzenegger



    Check out Fatherhood Rules - a blog site dedicated to sports, food, music, movies, and politics.
    http://fatherhoodrules.com




  15. #30

    Re: Would Jacoby Jones Be a Good Fit With Ravens?

    Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post
    Huh?

    I sometimes wonder about your thought process. Seriously.

    Jones has had every opportunity in Houston to solidify himself as the #2 receiver.
    He hasn't and a big reason for that is because he's only really effective when he's wide open, which in the AFC North is rarely the case. Jones wouldn't have been the difference in any of those games by any stretch of the imagination.
    I'm rebutting your argument that he would drop balls vs the Steelers. Gave you evidence that our Raven players did the same at Pittsburgh, that cost them 2 games almost a 3rd. Vs Houston Rice fumbled twice we got it back, Jones fumbled
    And we got it. Point being their is no Raven type player- just ballers. We need a
    return man is my point. It wont be Webb, it won't be Doss (to slow). If they were
    confident in what they had they wouldn't have gone after Ginn.




Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Russell Street Report Website Design by D3Corp Ocean City Maryland