Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 910111213 LastLast
    Blog Entries

Re: Would Jacoby Jones Be a Good Fit With Ravens?

Every so often when the offense is struggling, Boldin shows up in a big way. There was a game earlier this year that he was money (can't remember which game). He's vital to this offense

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenswintitle View Post
    Every so often when the offense is struggling, Boldin shows up in a big way. There was a game earlier this year that he was money (can't remember which game). He's vital to this offense
    +1

Also when the offense is driving late in games for the win Boldin comes up huge, with lots of YAC. He got us into position in Pittsburgh and NE last year for the win.
    Master of 'Gifs for dummies'

"The world called for wetwork, and we answered. No greater good. No just cause." - Kazuhira Miller

Quote Originally Posted by Raveninwoodlawn View Post
    They are not going to cut Jones and Boldin.
    Likely not, you dont improve the ST's return game to tear it apart the next year, plus Jones has shown good hands and is a viable deep threat. Under the cap crunch, I could easily see Boldin being released and Doss or other taking his place. Jones is a playmaker he will be around for sure.

4. Re: Would Jacoby Jones Be a Good Fit With Ravens?

Maybe Boldin will take a pay cut to stay, especially if he thinks the Ravens are a legit Super Bowl contender.
    I think the Ravens want to keep Boldin as he is the only proven vet WR we have, so he also serves as a mentor figure for all our young WRs. Jacoby is a vet too, but has never been Pro Bowl caliber like Q, or even a reliable starter.

Quote Originally Posted by Boulderraven View Post
    I'm going to gloat cause I can and have taken my fair share of criticism on this board. I loved the JJ signing and saw the potential deep threat he brings to the table. He is a difference maker on ST's, what we lacked in past years. I actually enjoy watching kicks again. He with Smith on the other side is a Safeties nightmare. I expect a big game this week from one of the two exploiting the Steelers injuries with a few deep balls or them having to play deep opening up intermediate routes for others. If they blitz, Joe will throw deep to intermediate passes to make them pay. We couldnt say that years before, but can now. "I feeel goood" James Brown
    He was the difference tonight. Strange they had Doss feilding a punt in the
    4th Q deep in Raven territory tonight instead of JJ in that spot.

Jermaine Lewis who?

lol...Jones has been a godsend so far this year.
    Although Walsh's system of offense can compensate for lack of talent; however, defense is a different story. According to Walsh, talent on defense was essential and could not be compensated for. What did Walsh do in 1981? He acquired physical and talented players on defense.

I suspect that if (when) he makes a mistake in a crucial time, many folks that wanted him cut in August will be back here to say "I told you so!!!!". Regardless of the fact that he is now directly responsible for 2 of their 8 wins.

Quote Originally Posted by JohnBKistler View Post
    I suspect that if (when) he makes a mistake in a crucial time, many folks that wanted him cut in August will be back here to say "I told you so!!!!". Regardless of the fact that he is now directly responsible for 2 of their 8 wins.
    Hopefully he is riding his success and his confidence will continue to let him shine. You can tell he has worked at catching the ball better. We shall see what the playoffs atmosphere brings him. :)

Quote Originally Posted by JohnBKistler View Post
    Hopefully he is riding his success and his confidence will continue to let him shine. You can tell he has worked at catching the ball better. We shall see what the playoffs atmosphere brings him. :)

Blog Entries

I guess sometimes it really is this simple:

"They were trying to set up the outside wall, but I saw nothing but open field to the right so I thought, 'Why not go this way?'" Jones said.

Blog Entries

I could see them restructre boldin with an extension to get his cap number down. Jacoby has definately earned the second year of his deal.

Quote Originally Posted by ballhawk View Post
    I could see them restructre boldin with an extension to get his cap number down. Jacoby has definately earned the second year of his deal.
    True but all that could change if he duplicates his disasterous playoff performance from last year. He has some demons to exorcise first.