Page 7 of 13 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast
    Barwin is a UFA after this year. So far, he's not exactly making a great walk-year push.

He'd definite be worth a look if they can create enough Cap space. IIRC, he was a guy that they were reportedly very high on when he was drafted.
    “Talk's cheap - let’s go play.” - #19, Johnny Unitas

Follow me on Twitter @ravenssalarycap

Re: Would Jacoby Jones Be a Good Fit With Ravens?

Getting back to Jacoby Ford. Thus far he's been a great fit for the ravens. Here's hoping he gives the Texans "fits" ths weekend:)

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by pslholder96 View Post
    Getting back to Jacoby Ford. Thus far he's been a great fit for the ravens. Here's hoping he gives the Texans "fits" ths weekend:)
    I don't think he was ever a topic of discussion.;)
    "What would you give for the man beside you?"

Reading this thread from the mind-numbing beginning reminds me of a gem provided by my Drill Sergeant:
    "Opinions are like assholes. Everybody has one and they usually stink. Now STHU and do some pushups!"

That is a direct quote. I think Wicked needs to do some pushups. I mean he actually broke down somebody's paragraph sentence by sentence and argued every point! Sheesh! May 2nd musta been total boredom incarnate.

Do some pushups!
    After 5 years of early exits, the journey is finally complete.

This thread proves why Ozzie is paid the big bucks to find our talent instead of the fans.

For the record, I was a Jacoby Jones naysayer and was not happy with his signing, however, I have acknowledged the error of my ways. So far, he has been a valuable addition for us (up to this point) and I hope his value goes up even more as the season progresses. When I'm wrong, I can readily admit it. His 108 yard TD return was a thing of beauty and made the difference in us winning that game.

In Oz we trust!

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonRaven View Post
    Thousands of Texans fans are thinking one thing when it comes to Jones ....

"Just wait"
    We're still waiting...

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by JohnBKistler View Post
    We're still waiting...
    The season is still young. Plenty of time left for him to pull a Housh or Evans on us. Jacoby has been a valuable asset thus far but I am still cautious about getting to hyped over him for a number of reasons. For one, he's got a history of this. One week he'd look great and the next week like utter crap. Houston fans were frustrated by him for a season. Two, Jacoby has a lot of pride and right now I think being cut is really what is driving him. What happens when he feels he's proved Houston wrong for letting him go? Finally, he's essentially in a contract year. No way the Ravens pay 4 million for him next year. He's auditioning for his next contract.

Just saying gloat after the season, if he keeps this level of play up.

Quote Originally Posted by Corey View Post
    The season is still young. Plenty of time left for him to pull a Housh or Evans on us. Jacoby has been a valuable asset thus far but I am still cautious about getting to hyped over him for a number of reasons. For one, he's got a history of this. One week he'd look great and the next week like utter crap. Houston fans were frustrated by him for a season. Two, Jacoby has a lot of pride and right now I think being cut is really what is driving him. What happens when he feels he's proved Houston wrong for letting him go? Finally, he's essentially in a contract year. No way the Ravens pay 4 million for him next year. He's auditioning for his next contract.

I am not gloating. Just reminding that many on this board wanted him cut in August. The fact is that he is already the best return man the Ravens have had since Jermaine Lewis and he's proven to be a solid #3 receiver. Could he still mess up at a critical time? Sure...but it's not like Boldin hasn't dropped crucial passes in crunch time, or Rice hasn't fumbled in playoff games, or Flacco hasn't thrown a pick-6 in an AFC Championship game.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Corey View Post

He has zero drops on the year so far, just saying....

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by leachisabeast View Post
    He has zero drops on the year so far, just saying....
    I hope he keeps it up and I also hope he keeps playing as well as he has.

There's a major diffence in expectations between what Jones was supposed to be in Houston and what he's supposed to be here.

Jones, in Houston, was supposed to be a star. He never lived up to that.

Here, he just needs to contribute as a 3rd WR and be a good KR.

So far, he's done that.

As far as pulling a "Housh or Evans", that can happen to any player (Boldin and Mason, included). After all, neither Housh or Evans were ever known for anything like that, but it happened to them.

Regardless, I would suggest that Jones as already had a bigger impact than either of them did.

But, if Jones drops a pass in a huge setting, after having a great season, does that totally wipe away everything else he did? Seriously? All the other contributions he made along the way - that helped them get there - mean nothing?

Sorry, I don't buy that.

Perhaps, it will for those who don't want to be proven wrong because they didn't like the signing in the beginning, because it will give them something to make them feel better and be able to point to when saying "I told you so", but, sorry, I think that's ridiculous.
    Last edited by B-more Ravor; 11-13-2012 at 01:04 PM.
    “Talk's cheap - let’s go play.” - #19, Johnny Unitas

Follow me on Twitter @ravenssalarycap