Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ... 10111213 LastLast

Re: Would Jacoby Jones Be a Good Fit With Ravens?

Quote Originally Posted by pslholder96 View Post
    True but all that could change if he duplicates his disasterous playoff performance from last year. He has some demons to exorcise first.
    No. Even if he somehow blows it this post season, he's clearly earned the right to come back. The dude WON that game for us last night. Not to mention his kickoff return against Dallas that was the difference between winning and losing.
    My motto was always to keep swinging. Whether I was in a slump or feeling badly or having trouble off the field, the only thing to do was keep swinging. -Hank Aaron

Quote Originally Posted by ActualSpamBot View Post
    No. Even if he somehow blows it this post season, he's clearly earned the right to come back. The dude WON that game for us last night. Not to mention his kickoff return against Dallas that was the difference between winning and losing.
    Maybe but this is a "what have you done for me lately league" remember? Obviously I hope we are not talking about a Jacoby Jones fumble in the playoffs at the most critical times.

Quote Originally Posted by pslholder96 View Post
    Maybe but this is a "what have you done for me lately league" remember? Obviously I hope we are not talking about a Jacoby Jones fumble in the playoffs at the most critical times.
    What he's done for us lately is win 2 football games. Without him, we're not talking about home playoff games, we're fighting for wildcard.
    My motto was always to keep swinging. Whether I was in a slump or feeling badly or having trouble off the field, the only thing to do was keep swinging. -Hank Aaron

Quote Originally Posted by Corey View Post
    Just saying gloat after the season, if he keeps this level of play up.
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnBKistler View Post
    I am not gloating.
    NOW I am officially gloating!!!

Quote Originally Posted by B-more Ravor View Post
    As I said in that thread - perhaps, we should all just wait and see what happens before we decide whether signing Jones was a good or bad move.
    Not a bad signing, not a good signing, as Flacco would put it, "A fuc*king awesome signing!!!"

Oh....bumpity bump, bump, bump.....

Blog Entries

I would say it was a decent move to get Jacoby. lmao

If you keep Jones then you gotta integrate him into the office more. If you do that then maybe you don't pursue a TE in the top half of the draft. Maybe a Nick Kasa (huge blocker) would work in round 5.
    "The Ravens are not taking Jimmy Smith at 26!" -- Me, the day before the 2011 Draft

"On their way to the podium, the Ravens FO is going to collectively step over my dead body and select...Breshad Perriman." -- Me, the day before the 2015 Draft

Missed it by That Much: The story of 'Get Smart' and the modern day Baltimore Ravens

@BigPlayReceiver

I think he is a good fit.

Blog Entries

I was terribly wrong about Jones and very happy to be. I will have to find my post raging at the Jones signing, talking about not wanting the season to end on another journeyman's drop, etc, etc. Not sure if it is in this thread or not...please beat me over the head with it when I find it.
    back on twitter

"Well that was an appropriate last ride for Pees. A Bengals WR streaking in for a game winning touchdown in the closing minutes is the man’s preferred medium to express his art." - GreenWave52

Blog Entries

There is no doubt that Flacco deserved MVP honors, but Jacoby was just as deserving IMO. Two TD's and if the lights dont go out, that KO return would have been the catalyst for an all out ass whooping.

Quote Originally Posted by mommathurgoesthatman View Post
    He was released by Houston.

6'2- 212lbs

Great speed and size. Also is a returner. He average 10.2 yards a punt return. His best season was in 2010. He had 51 catches for 562 yards and 3 TD's.

I know the market is not high on him so im guessing the ravens can take a dip at him. He is an explosive runner and has track runner speed. It wouldnt hurt for the ravens to bring him in and see what he can do. Im sure we can get him at a bargin.
    Bargin of all bargins!

Quote Originally Posted by LukeDaniel View Post
    I'm still a bit traumatized by the Evans and Housh drops. Both guys were brought in as one year rentals to essentially fill the role that Jones would. Both were far better, more accomplished receivers with reputations of having reliable hands and they failed us in the biggest spots. I can only imagine the impending carnage from Jones.

I'll pass.

Also, mark my words.....if we truly want to add one....we will be able to get a WR of Jones quality or better at a later point of this season for less money than we would pay him now. There will be better values out there come August, assuming it's a need we are really even interesting in filling.
    Your words are marked! I went thought this thread an was the ONLY one wanted Jacoby Jones. Got tossed insults for my arguements. If NOT for Jacoby Jones we are NOT SB CHAMPS PERIOD. Biggest signing of the year and maybe all time in Raven history brings SB 47 home. Forgot to add Mommathatsyourburga as a backer, good call also on Russel Wilson, where has this poster gone? He knows more than we do.
    Last edited by Boulderraven; 02-06-2013 at 03:29 PM.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Boulderraven View Post
    Your words are marked! I went thought this thread an was the ONLY one wanted Jacoby Jones. Got tossed insults for my arguements. If NOT for Jacoby Jones we are NOT SB CHAMPS PERIOD. Biggest signing of the year and maybe all time in Raven history brings SB 47 home.
    I know Boldin has been here a few years, but the same could be said for him.