Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ... 10111213 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Ravenous1 View Post
    Just having fun here but don't you just wish that just once a player would blame god. News story like this.....

When asked about the interception Tebow blamed God. "I threw the ball perfectly, it was going were it needed to be until God adjusted the trajectory and it was intercepted. I just guess God likes Ray Lewis more than me, I mean how fair is that, I genuflex after every TD but this is what I get? I am starting to think I could have been Peyton Manning if not for the man upstairs. :happyanim

Before anyone gets upset I am not making fun of religion so much as the invoking it in sports....
    From a purely logical standpoint the conclusion you and bt1 are reaching is erroneous.

Here's the faulty syllogism your supposing:

"A" determines all events that happen in the universe.

Tim believes "A" and as a consequence expects "G" to happen when instead "B" happens.

Therefore:

"A" doesn't determine all events that happen in the universe.

Just because we are limited by only seeing the immediate implication of a seemingly negative situation, (i.e. throwing an interception) doesn't mean its future implications aren't somehow beneficial in the grand scheme.

A simple question. How much freewill to arrive at your own conclusion on the existence of God would you have if Tim Tebow, any athlete, or anyone for that matter who openly "invoked" God never missed a shot, threw an incomplete pass, or had anything negative happen to them?

Tim Tebow 30/30 650 yards 8TDs. Imagine that happening every single game he plays. Would be pretty hard to deny something supernatural was occurring. That is the antithesis of God's MO.
    “Great minds discuss ideas. Average minds discuss events. Small minds discuss people.”

–Eleanor Roosevelt

Blog Entries

Re: 2012 Draft pick - 6 (198): Tommy Streeter, WR, Miami(FL)

If you keep piling on veterans, the young WRs will never show the production, because they will never have the chance to show the production. It makes for a vicious cycle. Meanwhile, Green Bay is phasing out Donald Driver, while phasing in Jordy Nelson. New England phased out Randy Moss, while phasing in Rob Gronkowski and Aaron Hernandez. Pittsburgh phased out Santonio Holmes and Hines Ward, while phasing in Mike Wallace and Antonio Brown.

Sometimes it work and sometimes it does not, but you never know until you try. That is why you draft these players.
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore

Quote Originally Posted by JustaslowZ06 View Post
    LWill only caught 4 balls last year, he also had 4 ST tackles. This would be my assumption as to whom gets cut.
    LaQuan also had a big forced fumble against Pats in the AFC Championship, I'm sure Harbs likes to keep special teams contributors around, too.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by The Excellector View Post
    If you keep piling on veterans, the young WRs will never show the production, because they will never have the chance to show the production. It makes for a vicious cycle. Meanwhile, Green Bay is phasing out Donald Driver, while phasing in Jordy Nelson. New England phased out Randy Moss, while phasing in Rob Gronkowski and Aaron Hernandez. Pittsburgh phased out Santonio Holmes and Hines Ward, while phasing in Mike Wallace and Antonio Brown.

Sometimes it work and sometimes it does not, but you never know until you try. That is why you draft these players.
    Ex, I happen to agree with you, but the difference is the the 3 teams you posted (Pack, Pats, Steelers) have already won Super Bowls while the Ravens have not. Our team has to be a little more cautious building a roster than a team that has already given it's city an NFL Championship... Bc

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by BcRaven View Post
    Ex, I happen to agree with you, but the difference is the the 3 teams you posted (Pack, Pats, Steelers) have already won Super Bowls while the Ravens have not. Our team has to be a little more cautious building a roster than a team that has already given it's city an NFL Championship... Bc
    Those three teams had established QBs. Flacco is getting there, but the last two years have shown that the WRs need to step up. He is making the throws. They need to catch them and the main culprits in clutch moments have been the veterans that they bring in from other teams.
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore

Quote Originally Posted by Shas View Post

Woodlawn is right that I don't know for sure that Streeter won't contribute on special teams, but it's hard to see a 6'5" bean pole in that role.
    Kasim Osgood was an annual pro bowler at the exact same size as Streeter.

As predicted, the Ravens brought in a veteran who projects as the #3. According to the Sun today,

The Ravens also are optimistic about the progress of second-year receivers Tandon Doss and LaQuan Williams, but Jones would give the Ravens a veteran option at the No. 3 wide receiver spot behind Anquan Boldin and Torrey Smith, along with more speed on the outside.
    So if you believe that, and if the Ravens stay the course with five receivers, Streeter becomes the sixth.

I know.... I know. A few heads will explode here if LaQuan Williams makes the roster over Streeter.

As predicted, the Ravens brought in a veteran who projects as the #3. According to the Sun today,

So if you believe that, and if the Ravens stay the course with five receivers, Streeter becomes the sixth.

I know.... I know. A few heads will explode here if LaQuan Williams makes the roster over Streeter.
    David Reed has probably a 98% shot of being on PUP on opening day so there will be 5 slots at least until week 6.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Raveninwoodlawn View Post
    David Reed has probably a 98% shot of being on PUP on opening day so there will be 5 slots at least until week 6.
    I think he'll be given an injury settlement. 2 season-ending injuries in back-to-back seasons...he just doesn't have an NFL body.
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenous1 View Post
    Just having fun here but don't you just wish that just once a player would blame god....
    Way off topic :ot . . .

. . . but where have you been? After Steve Johnson (Buffalo, WR) dropped that game winner in OT vs. Pittsburgh a season ago, he tweeted this:

I PRAISE YOU 24/7!!!!!! AND THIS HOW YOU DO ME!!!!! YOU EXPECT ME TO LEARN FROM THIS??? HOW???!!! ILL NEVER FORGET THIS!! EVER!!! THX THO...,"

Blog Entries

Boldin Smith Evans Doss Williams Reed... they carried 6 last year, basically Reed either gets PUP'd or Streeter has to beat out Williams at gunner. Tall order, especially as well as williams played down the stretch. Not impossible, and if he shines in camp im sure they find a way to keep him.
    -JAB

Quote Originally Posted by BigPlayReceiver View Post
    Each of the consistent winners in this current era of football, PIT, NE, GB, NO, CHI, IND, NYG and PHI have marched out young, unproven WRs and have had success, and there are specific reasons why. We did so last year and remained competitive. We need to keep moving in that direction until our on-roster talent proves it's a bad idea.
    I have no problem with the Jones signing. David Reed has had ample time to prove himself. He is coming off of a season ending injury. Relying on him as a receiver or a returner this season is iffy at best. If Doss is ready to be the 3rd wr he will beat out Jones for the spot. That is what I am hoping happens.