Page 7 of 27 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread: How did we do?

Re: How did we do?

I do wish Streeter had a little more jumping ability. For his athletic ability, he does a lot more of just sticking his hands up in the air to grab it then leaping really high to go get it.
    Follow me on twitter at @dandrews66

Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post
    I like the Christian Thompson pick more and more. I didn't realize he was an Auburn transfer.

After reading up on him it seems like he has a big chip on his shoulder. I like that. You need that in the AFC.
    Kind of reminds me of Pollard. Doesn't look like he has tremendous coverage ability, but he plays pretty good in the box. He'll be perfect on special teams to start off his career.

1. How did we improve our offense from last year via FA or draft?
    2. Upshaw fell because he had a so-so pro day.
    3. With Pouncy and their first 2 picks why would Piss take Gradkowski in the 4th? So much BS flies around about which team covets this/that player to make another team jump. Ozzie and co. missed out on players they coveted early and panicked with their 3rd and 4th round picks.
    4. Did our offense struggle do to lack of a quality RB? Quality running backs were left to fill backup role. Investing 2 picks into a backup from the MAC is a stretch.

Quote Originally Posted by RavingMad View Post
    3. With Pouncy and their first 2 picks why would Piss take Gradkowski in the 4th? So much BS flies around about which team covets this/that player to make another team jump. Ozzie and co. missed out on players they coveted early and panicked with their 3rd and 4th round picks.
    Link?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by camdenyard View Post
    This is a silly statement. Did his arms shrink?
    No, they were always 32" long but he'll be going up vs bigger tackles in pros who have
    arms 34-36". He'll be swallowed up by bigger tackles and already was in the Sr Bowl.
    That's why he dropped after being a top 15 prospect. he also had character issues and
    was arrested but charges were dropped. He took court-ordered anger classes.

Has small hands. Average arm length — can be engulfed by bigger blockers (and was swallowed in drills at the Senior Bowl). Is wound tightly and lacks ideal edge burst and acceleration to take the corner. Average agility and coverage range — labors to flip his hips and can be stressed by quick backs in space.

In 2009 he was arrested for domestic assault for an altercation on campus with his girlfriend, which police happened to witness. Charges were dropped by both parties.

Like I posted, Oher had the same prob at LT with shorter arms going vs
    guys with 34-36" arm length that wrapped his up. Film Study was the first to point this
    out on the boards when he was switched to LT. Guys with longer arms will be able to wrap Upshaw up unless Ravens coaches can coach him up.

Size is everything so the "silly" statement is from someone who doesn't understand
    technical aspects of football.

Upshaw also reported 20 lbs over weight and was slow with heavy feet. He won't
    play til he gets in the weight room and loses weight.

Link is from profootball weekly which knows more than us.

I was just trying to post why he dropped.
    Last edited by AirFlacco; 04-29-2012 at 10:00 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by AirFlacco View Post
    No, they were always 32" long but he'll be going up vs bigger tackles in pros who have
    arms 34-36". He'll be swallowed up by bigger tackles and already was in the Sr Bowl.
    That's why he dropped after being a top 15 prospect. he also had character issues and
    was arrested but charges were dropped after he attended anger classes.

Has small hands. Average arm length — can be engulfed by bigger blockers (and was swallowed in drills at the Senior Bowl). Is wound tightly and lacks ideal edge burst and acceleration to take the corner. Average agility and coverage range — labors to flip his hips and can be stressed by quick backs in space.

Like I posted, Oher had the same prob at LT with shorter arms going vs
    guys with 34-36" arm length that wrapped his up. Film Study was the first to point this
    out on the boards when he was switched to LT. Guys with longer arms will be able to wrap Upshaw up unless Ravens coaches can coach him up.

Size is everything so the "silly" statement is from someone who doesn't understand

Upshaw also reported 20 lbs over weight and was slow with heavy feet. He won't
    play til he gets in the weight room and loses weight.

Linke is from profootball weekly which knows more than us.
    Upshaw doesn't have 20 pounds of fat on his body to lose.

10476635-standard.jpg

1. How did we improve our offense from last year via FA or draft?
    2. Upshaw fell because he had a so-so pro day.
    4. Did our offense struggle do to lack of a quality RB? Quality running backs were left to fill backup role. Investing 2 picks into a backup from the MAC is a stretch.
    No one said that Pittsburgh was going to draft Gradkowski just that they had him as the highest ranked Center in the draft. That and other teams known for drafting well had Gradkowski rated as a 3rd round talent.

Upshaw is a better talent than JJ and that is who he is tasked with replacing.

The Ravens have not improved their offense from last year. They lost one key player in Grubbs and have two young guys competing for the spot. The Ravens also added a RB that could lighten the load for Rice.

The Ravens offense may get better simply because the 2nd, 3rd and 4th wrs are no longer rookies this year. Also expecting their two TEs to improve as last year was their first years as starters/contributors. It would have been nice to get a good #3 wr but the Ravens have cap issues. The biggest concerns on offense are guard and center and the Ravens addressed those with young players. It is up to the coaches to get these guys ready to play.

LOL. Ok Trap. My apologies. After all, you are the pro here.

I was reacting simply to your quote. He had a subpar Senior Bowl and he sat out combine drills and that combination hurt him. I'm pretty sure NFL scouts knew his physical measurements a long time ago. They didn't suddenly wake up and realize his arms were not long. I think you know a lot of times players rise and fall due to combine "measurables". Look at Burfict.

WORLD CHAMPIONS 2000 * 2012

Quote Originally Posted by dandrews View Post
    Link?
    Post draft news conference Decosta stated they had to get creative early since players they targeted got picked up.

I like the way Hensley put it:

This was a solid yet unspectacular draft. Outside of Upshaw, none of these names jump out as future stars. What you have to like is how the Ravens addressed several needs without reaching for players. Upshaw should fill Jarret Johnson's void, Iowa State's Kelechi Osemele could step into Ben Grubbs' spot at left guard and Temple's Bernard Pierce (27 touchdowns last season) takes over Ricky Williams' backup role. Delaware guard Gino Gradkowski looks like the team's future center and might start there in 2013. A great low-risk, high-reward pick was Miami wide receiver Tommy Streeter in the sixth round. Ravens officials set the goal of upgrading their depth and they did it in workmanlike fashion.
    Maybe folks are worried because there aren't any splash players that we drafted but the team quietly address all they're needs despite having to do some maneuvering after key targets were snatched up.

Post draft news conference Decosta stated they had to get creative early since players they targeted got picked up.
    getting creative doesn't mean they panicked.

So where did he say he panicked and took Gradkowski and Thompson because he wasn't prepared?