Page 8 of 27 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Thread: How did we do?

Re: How did we do?

Quote Originally Posted by srobert96 View Post
    No one said that Pittsburgh was going to draft Gradkowski just that they had him as the highest ranked Center in the draft. That and other teams known for drafting well had Gradkowski rated as a 3rd round talent.

Upshaw is a better talent than JJ and that is who he is tasked with replacing.

The Ravens have not improved their offense from last year. They lost one key player in Grubbs and have two young guys competing for the spot. The Ravens also added a RB that could lighten the load for Rice.

The Ravens offense may get better simply because the 2nd, 3rd and 4th wrs are no longer rookies this year. Also expecting their two TEs to improve as last year was their first years as starters/contributors. It would have been nice to get a good #3 wr but the Ravens have cap issues. The biggest concerns on offense are guard and center and the Ravens addressed those with young players. It is up to the coaches to get these guys ready to play.
    All the more reason to question why he was taken with the third 4th round pick with so many higher rated C's still available.

Your logic is inconsistent when it comes to rookies. Anthony Allen was rookie last year as well.

Quote Originally Posted by RavingMad View Post
    All the more reason to question why he was taken with the third 4th round pick with so many higher rated C's still available.

Your logic is inconsistent when it comes to rookies. Anthony Allen was rookie last year as well.
    Gradkowski was the number 1 center on the board for the Ravens. So no, there weren't "so many higher rated centers available"

Unless of course you are talking about your rankings. If you are I'd love to see your scouting reports.
    Follow me on twitter at @dandrews66

Quote Originally Posted by dandrews View Post
    So where did he say he panicked and took Gradkowski and Thompson because he wasn't prepared?
    1. I never referred to the Safety in my post. The RB and G/C pick specifically are the panic picks. More so when than who.

2. When the players targeted ( 2 guards and ILB) were taken ( 2 by division opponents) they feared more targets would be taken and they reached to get them. IE they panicked

Blog Entries

Well, considering prior to the draft the media had Brewster ranked as the 2nd center in this draft and he wasn't even drafted. So...just kind of goes to show you that the media and teams rank(ed) players very differently.
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by dandrews View Post
    Gradkowski was the number 1 center on the board for the Ravens. So no, there weren't "so many higher rated centers available"

Unless of course you are talking about your rankings. If you are I'd love to see your scouting reports.
    They may have loved the kid. That's not the point. The odds are he would have still been there later. And if not there were high quality centers still available.

Loving the revisionist history and the draft isn't even over for a full day.

Haters gonna hate I suppose, even if it means twisting the facts to suit their narrative.

Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post
    Well, considering prior to the draft the media had Brewster ranked as the 2nd center in this draft and he wasn't even drafted. So...just kind of goes to show you that the media and teams rank(ed) players very differently.
    Exactly. Have you seen Brewster play?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonRaven View Post
    Loving the revisionist history and the draft isn't even over for a full day.

Haters gonna hate I suppose, even if it means twisting the facts to suit their narrative.
    Happens every year.

Blog Entries

Exactly. Have you seen Brewster play?
    Yes, several games.

Solid player. Needs a lot of coaching though.

My point is that I'm sure the Ravens scouts watched a lot of Brewster as well and they liked what Gradkowski brings to the table more than what Brewster or other centers brought to the table.

Quote Originally Posted by Justlovemybirds View Post
    I like the way Hensley put it:

Maybe folks are worried because there aren't any splash players that we drafted but the team quietly address all they're needs despite having to do some maneuvering after key targets were snatched up.
    Dig it. We don't do splashes in FA and we don't view the Draft as an opportunity to make a splash either.

I think we can pretty much assume that a whopping 90+% of the fan base predicted 12.5% of this draft correctly.
    None of the names past Upshaw (and to a much lesser extent, Streeter) was ever batted around these forums with any frequency or excitement. Therefore, many, many people are finding it hard to be excited about what we did this weekend. Essentially, it's a lot of "I really wanted X, Y or Z". But that's what happens when so many people these days watch a few hours of video, construct there own boards and lay out their own mocks. I actually get that.

No matter what though, from a needs basis, I think we pretty much nailed it (though I'd be the first to make a small argument on the WR choice), and I'm excited to see how each of these cats develop this summer.

Folks will misrepresent a poster to push their agenda.....I guess.

Blog Entries

Higher rated by who's standard?
    "What would you give for the man beside you?"