Page 2 of 27 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: How did we do?

Re: How did we do?

very good draft when your needs are big uglies and quality back-ups. Streeter could be a real steal . . . did he really run a 4.4???!
    If he has hands, Joe can direct a few laser beams his way.

Quote Originally Posted by bensmotorcyclehelmt View Post
    From the few clips I've seen of him, Upshaw doesn't look explosive off the snap at all.
    He kind of plays like rubberman. It's deceiving. He looks like he;s playign lazy but is always in the right spot at the right time, which is good for a DE.

I was disappointed in the final 2 rounds. but that's not to take anything from who we picked. But I kind of wanted the ILB Travis Lewis(detroit) and OT Adrew Datko (undrafted, I think). THe C from texas would have been good too.
    Mayock didn't grade him as very explosive off the mark either, but he is relentless which is a plus. He's a big bruising back who will only get bigger and stronger now that he's running with the big dawgs. You can't infuse explosiveness, but with the right training they will be able to teach to better use what he has to become quicker off the line.

Blog Entries

One Sun writer said all the AFC-N teams improved themselves but the Ravens. Even
    Bruce said he was trying not to get discouraged with the draft.

I posted a link on the draft thread that Upshaw dropped because of his short arms and
    might not do as well vs NFL tackles who can wrap them up like they did with Oher's
    short arms at LT.

The guard is big but - heh. No improvement at that position. He will compete with
    Jah Reid.

The Center from Delaware might have been the best player in our draft. Piss, NE and
    Ravens had him as the best Center in the draft which is why Ravens passed on Konz
    who had durability issues. Gradkowski will learn from Burke and then take his place.

This reminds me of the Kindle draft. I get scared everytime Ozzie trades down
    into the 2d round - his worse round.

Quote Originally Posted by AirFlacco View Post
    One Sun writer said all the AFC-N teams improved themselves but the Ravens. Even
    Bruce said he was trying not to get discouraged with the draft.

I posted a link on the draft thread that Upshaw dropped because of his short arms and
    might not do as well vs NFL tackles who can wrap them up like they did with Oher's
    short arms at LT.

The guard is big but - heh. No improvement at that position. He will compete with
    Jah Reid.

The Center from Delaware might have been the best player in our draft. Piss, NE and
    Ravens had him as the best Center in the draft which is why Ravens passed on Konz
    who had durability issues.

This reminds me of the Kindle draft. I get scared everytime Ozzie trades down
    into the 2d round - his worse round.
    Since Rice Ozzie has been solid in the 2nd rd with the unforeseen cracking of Kindles skull. I don't think 2nd rd is much of a weakness as it has been.

I'll be back here in the winter of 2015 to properly evaluate this class

Quote Originally Posted by eddiepoe View Post
    very good draft when your needs are big uglies and quality back-ups. Streeter could be a real steal . . . did he really run a 4.4???!
    If he has hands, Joe can direct a few laser beams his way.
    Streeter needs to be standing in front of a jugs machine right the f--- now!

Quote Originally Posted by BigPlayReceiver View Post
    Streeter needs to be standing in front of a jugs machine right the f--- now!
    okay, you're making me me feel old . . . wtf is a "jugs machine"???

Quote Originally Posted by eddiepoe View Post
    okay, you're making me me feel old . . . wtf is a "jugs machine"???
    Follow me on twitter at @dandrews66

9. Re: How did we do?

a pass throwing machine = jugs
    kind of like a baseball pitching machine

Check back in 3 years. What I did notice was in the early rounds was physicality. Upshaw is a top 20 talent and versatile. KO physical and versatile. BP physical also will see plenty of action good for short yardage and RZ, Gino versatile can play G/C-late riser. The S is a great athlete a project and ST depth guy. The Cb- fast good athlete and can return kicks. 6th rounder Streeter is lots of upside, needs work- great athlete again and a real tall burner- I like this pick. 7th rounder DT played with back and leg injuries (headed to IR for develomental project). Front part of draft are physical hitters, back half athletes need grooming. Grades are dumb and pointless.

Blog Entries

I think we did pretty good. I'll go with the instincs on one of the top GM's in football before message board GM's who think they know everything, any day of the week.
    "What would you give for the man beside you?"

Quote Originally Posted by sandiegosean View Post
    Hard to grade a draft the day of. It was a fail if you take into account what our AFC comp. got. Pitt, Cincy, NE, and even Houston had better drafts, that makes it scary.
    :word