Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Just The Cowher "facts" Sir: Notice Any Omissions?

Shutting out Cowher
    from Ed Bouchette Pittsburgh Post Gazette

Since becoming the Steelers' coach in 1992, Bill Cowher has been held scoreless only three times before last night. Here's a look at the losses:

Team Score Skinny
    at New York Jets Dec. 14, 2003 6-0 The loss in a heavy snowstorm eliminated the Steelers from the playoffs.
    at Miami Dolphins Sept. 20, 1998 21-0 The offense produced just 200 total yards in Cowher's second shutout.
    at Los Angeles Rams Sept. 12, 1993 27-0 Rookie Jerome Bettis closed the scoring for the Rams with a 29-yard TD run.

(Ed Bouchette can be reached at ebouchette@post-gazette.com. )

How easily they forget.....
    Follow me on Twitter @RSRLombardi

Re: Just The Cowher "facts" Sir: Notice Any Omissions?

Quote Originally Posted by TL24x7
    Shutting out Cowher
    from Ed Bouchette Pittsburgh Post Gazette

Since becoming the Steelers' coach in 1992, Bill Cowher has been held scoreless only three times before last night. Here's a look at the losses:

Team Score Skinny
    at New York Jets Dec. 14, 2003 6-0 The loss in a heavy snowstorm eliminated the Steelers from the playoffs.
    at Miami Dolphins Sept. 20, 1998 21-0 The offense produced just 200 total yards in Cowher's second shutout.
    at Los Angeles Rams Sept. 12, 1993 27-0 Rookie Jerome Bettis closed the scoring for the Rams with a 29-yard TD run.

(Ed Bouchette can be reached at ebouchette@post-gazette.com. )

How easily they forget.....
    They'll claim they don't count the 16-0 in 2000 because Kordell was their QB. They'll be claiming they legitimately won a Superbowl next.

I hope you emailed Ed Douchette, Tony.

Hmmmm......I thought there was one other time they got shutout,I just cant remember for the life of me who it was....anyone????

I believe I may have been present during the last season home opener at 3 Sewers Stadium....Umm, refresh my memory...What was the final score of that game?

Hey TL got a link?

It looks like the guy listed only away games. It's even worse to get skunked in your own crib.
    She had me at "Hell, NO!"

Sorry guys and gals....here you go: http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/06262/723075-66.stm
    Follow me on Twitter @RSRLombardi

8. Re: Just The Cowher "facts" Sir: Notice Any Omissions?

That is just too funny. They must be owned by the same company as The Sun!! How hard is it to look up the scores of the past seasons and pick them all out?? They have Google in pittsburgh? They just cant give Baltimore any credit.

Why would they want to give us any credit. They hate us just like the rest of the NFL. They just can't stand Baltimore being back in Pro Football much less winning.

Not to be a PITA, but how much "credit" do we Ravens fans give Pittsburgh? That street goes both ways. Sometimes I think Baltimore folks have to much of an "us against the world" mentality.

Quote Originally Posted by ravensfan1996
    That is just too funny. They must be owned by the same company as The Sun!!
    This is a little off topic, but speaking of the Sun and their stupidity, did anyone notice how brain-dead their little table of the Ravens defense was in the Monday paper? They have given up six points in two games, so the Sun had a table that listed the points allowed per game so far as -- four points per game. Really? Six divided by two is four? :grbac:

They also claimed that the Packers lost their home opener to the Saints, but unless I'm mistaken, I think the Packers had their home opener the previous week against the Bears. They also said we had a 2-0 lifetime record against the Panthers, but I seem to recall the Panthers beating us a few years ago. How hard can it be to get this simple stuff right?

Here's the email I sent to him...I'll let you know if I get a response.

I saw this at the bottom of your article from todays edition;

Team Score Skinny

http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/06262/723075-66.stm

I notice one HUGE glaring error. You seem to have forgot the Steelers home opener from the 2000 season a 16-0 Ravens victory. Did Bill Cowher take that day off, thus it didn't count, or what? Maybe you are only including away games, in which case the chart is misleading. Or is it that you hate Baltimore so much that you've chosen to blank that out of your memory banks?

Maybe if you click on this link from your very own newspaper, it will refresh those brain cells that you've obviously killed with too much 'Arnshitty beer.

http://www.post-gazette.com/steelers...lay.asp?ID=604

we aren't just loyal, we are obsessed. and we are violently so. we are baltimore, and we are the epitome of dysfunctionality.