Blog Entries

Rather Disturbing...

My wife and I saw on the news this afternoon that congress is considering cutting the Mongtomery/Post 911 GI Bill.

I remember when Obama said he wanted to take care of America's military.

First it was significant decreases in Housing Allowances (BAH) in almost every area of the United States.
    Second it was cutting retirement benefits.
    Now they're looking at cutting one of the only strong incentives for enlistment and with the cost of college today, the GI Bill doesn't even cover all of most colleges.

Absolutely incredible.
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Blog Entries

Re: Rather Disturbing...

Whenever there is a conflict in congress like with raising the debt ceiling, OBY will threaten to stop military paychecks to the very ones
    serving and dying for him overseas. He also threatens old people's
    soc sec checks.

Then he complains with the Ryan bill for cutting medicare.

Damn hypocrite.

The GI is just a former glimpse of its old self. It was after the Vietnam War when the military wasn't getting many recruits so they sweetened the pot, especially the GI Bill.

I know a guy who joined the navy and all he had to do was serve two years. When he got out they paid all of his college education
    and seminary. It took my brother 7 years to pay back his loans for seminary. He should have joined the military.

People of Obamas political ilk have a disdain for the military. It's roots can be traced back to the 60's.

The left will say the right things when it suits them but in the end, they end up revealing their true colors when it comes to anything related to the military.

Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post
    My wife and I saw on the news this afternoon that congress is considering cutting the Mongtomery/Post 911 GI Bill.

I remember when Obama said he wanted to take care of America's military.
    Obama isn't in Congress anymore...right? I mean I went to sleep last night and he was President and now he is being blamed for something congress apparently wants to do....most likely the tea bag house as well. Bad Obama...Bad Obama! Some military I know enjoy the fact that the wars from the 2000s are ending.

Sent from my DROID4 using Tapatalk 2

Blog Entries

Re: Rather Disturbing...

Most members of the military are proud that they killed all
    the terrorists camps that bombed us on 911 and they're keeping the country safe now from attacks and they'd serve
    anywhere again.

Hell, even an old vet of one of the biggest tank battles in WW2
    said he would do it again now if he were asked to.

OBY also wants to dismantle our nukes taking us back to
    1953 levels that would give Russia and China the edge over us.