Blog Entries

Question about 2nd round tonight...

I know it starts at 7...is it just the 2nd round? Or is it the 2nd and the 3rd?
    Milk is for babies. When you grow up, you have to drink beer.

-Arnold Schwarzenegger

Check out Fatherhood Rules - a blog site dedicated to sports, food, music, movies, and politics.
    http://fatherhoodrules.com

Re: Question about 2nd round tonight...

Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post
    I know it starts at 7...is it just the 2nd round? Or is it the 2nd and the 3rd?
    It's both the second and third

Blog Entries

Thanks.

-Arnold Schwarzenegger

Check out Fatherhood Rules - a blog site dedicated to sports, food, music, movies, and politics.

No problem. We raven fans have got a lot of pent up anticipation carrying over tonight. They better make a damn pick lol

Blog Entries

Also I think the time drops to 7 minutes to make a 2nd round pick and 5 minutes to make a 3rd round pick so it should fly
    World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenswintitle View Post
    Also I think the time drops to 7 minutes to make a 2nd round pick and 5 minutes to make a 3rd round pick so it should fly
    That's correct. Thank God

Was it just me or did all the effort to make it a "TV show" slow down the picks. I mean before a pick was announced, next to the team who picks next you'd see "Pick is in"

Blog Entries

It flew so fast last night they couldn't even get Goodell to the podium quick enough to keep up. They want to time it like an awards show but they can't control how quickly teams pick.
    He Who Dares.....Wins

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by GOTA View Post
    It flew so fast last night they couldn't even get Goodell to the podium quick enough to keep up. They want to time it like an awards show but they can't control how quickly teams pick.
    And every other media outlet had the picks posted up even before Goodell even announced them.

Adam Schefter reported that the Patriots traded up and have taken Chandler Jones even though there was a team in the midst of it's pick announcement and another team on deck before the Patriots were picking.

-Arnold Schwarzenegger

Quote Originally Posted by NCRAVEN View Post
    Was it just me or did all the effort to make it a "TV show" slow down the picks. I mean before a pick was announced, next to the team who picks next you'd see "Pick is in"
    They couldn't keep up with printing the names and numbers of the selected players on the jerseys. They had a heat press set up in the back and it was holding up the whole process. Eventually, I don't think the guys picked in the 20s got the personalized souvenir jerseys.

I honestly feel that teams are given 10 minutes in the first round to accomodate the sideshow that accompanies the announcement of each pick. Camera turned towards the green room, focused on the draftee, his reaction and time spent hugging family members and then the long trek to the podium to be congratulated and photoed with Goodell and then a group photo on stage with the same family members he just spent a few minutes hugging. It's nice but I feel some of that should be minimize. Teams really don't need 10 minutes to decide. If anything they just need 10 minutes to do a deal but if you've done your research and know what you're looking for 10 minutes may be too long.

Blog Entries

No question they were milking it last night
    World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

No question they were milking it last night
    If they keep this up that milk will eventually turn into water