Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Re: Bellicheat: the Artful Draft Dodger.

The Patriots did do a good job last night but I personally wasn't too disappointed with not getting Hightower as I see him as being a little more talented Brandon Spikes (which is pretty good). Besides I'd rather have Bobby Wagner.

Blog Entries

I wanted Hightower but not that high. I would have taken him where we were but giving up picks to move up higher to take him...nah. Don't think it has anything to do with being "asleep at the wheel"...just not the right price to pay in picks for the player.

Quote Originally Posted by Terpsfan82 View Post
    At that point you have to decide if it was worth it. I guess to him it wasn't . Meanwhile we still don't have an heir apparent to Ray Lewis. Scared money doesn't win.
    The myth under which you operate is that there is an heir apparent to Ray Lewis. Fact: no one is going to replace Ray Lewis. The position is changing, and maybe the Ravens know that the best way to screw up a draft is to try to find this mythical "heir apparent". Perhaps the front office is simply interested in getting the best players possible. That isn't playing scared; that's playing smart.

Blog Entries

I don't think the Ravens were that high on Hightower. Think about it... He's a run stopping inside linebacker whose weakness is in pass coverage. We have plenty of those. I'd rather take a pass rusher.

Quote Originally Posted by Bhcforlife View Post
    I wanted Hightower but not that high. I would have taken him where we were but giving up picks to move up higher to take him...nah. Don't think it has anything to do with being "asleep at the wheel"...just not the right price to pay in picks for the player.
    Yeah, this is kind of my feeling as well. I can't see Oz not assuming that NE, with all of their defensive needs wouldn't try to trade up to take Hightower. I thought last night after it happened that Hightower wasn't as coveted by the Ravens as we were lead to believe. If he was, Oz would have undoubtedly taken steps to ensure that we got him, like you said, "Right player right price." Ravens have once again stayed true to their board.

Quote Originally Posted by Paintballguy View Post
    I don't think the Ravens were that high on Hightower. Think about it... He's a run stopping inside linebacker whose weakness is in pass coverage. We have plenty of those. I'd rather take a pass rusher.
    They may have their eyes on linebackers who can play pass defense, like Lavonte David, Bobby Wagner (who they had in for a visit) or Zach Brown (isn't he a local kid as well?).

Ozzie clearly said that it wasn't worth trading up to snag him. Instead, we grabbed Courtney Upshaw and Kelechi Osemele, both really solid picks. Plus, we picked up probably one of my favorite running backs in this draft.

Here's his highlight reel

He's incredibly elusive, and I have a feeling hes going to be groomed as Ray Rice's replacement.

Blog Entries

Yea, I was pissed about Hightower but the Squeelers passed on him when he was still on
    the board and took a guard which they really needed to protect Jen. So like posted above,
    I'm not sure Ozzie would have taken him.

Me thinks Ozzie taught the master a lesson and schooled him.

Last night people were saying that Upshaw is better and that's what I was reading a couple of weeks before the draft, then he fell out of the first.

Belicheat needed to improve his secondary after giving up all those yards. Joe moved on
    them and missed the SB by 25 seconds with a dropped ball by you know who.

Cheating goes on since the first game or practice. In 58 Weeb Ewbanks sent his assistant
    to NY to spy on the Giants practices. he got on the roof across the street from their
    stadium. Weeb didn't like surprises. We played them in the regular season and he wanted
    to know if they added any new plays. Winner reported there were none.

Art Donovan wrote in his book the CIA should have hired Paul Brown and Weeb. In fact
    when Weeb came here just before the draft he stole Browns draft board and he was pissed
    as players started coming off it to us.

One such player was HOF Raymond Berry. LOL.
    Last edited by AirFlacco; 04-28-2012 at 10:34 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by alien bird View Post
    The myth under which you operate is that there is an heir apparent to Ray Lewis. Fact: no one is going to replace Ray Lewis..
    F*cking A well-told! Yes we'll need another ILB/MLB before too long, but there'll never be another Ray-Ray.
    The cat we got in the 3rd round may prove to be an "heir" to J.J. or even an upgrade there when combined in some way w/ Kruger.