Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Re: Worse First Round Picks

Quote Originally Posted by bmorecareful View Post
    I hated the Brockers pick. Their biggest need is OL and they passed on 2 great ones for a DT I'm not convinced is better than guys they can get in the 2nd. They will have legit shots at Kendall Reyes, Jerel Worthy, and Devon Still with their 2nd rounders, and at #14 they could have had DeCastro or Reiff, both of whom grade out higher on the big board than Brockers and fill greater needs. They also were very well positioned to move up ahead of Arizona for Michael Floyd.

Again, I think they panicked, didn't know who to get, couldn't make a better move, and just grabbed a guy. Brockers isn't even a very good fit for their scheme. Just not a good pick at all IMO.

I guess it's not all that bad, since they can still get a quality OL in round 2.
    I'm not wowed by the Rams, but I don't think they've done that badly. Their 2012 draft will live or die on the backs of their 3 2nd round picks and that early 3rd round pick.

I read today that Brockers was the guy the Rams were intending to draft at pick at pick 7. If that is true, that's great for them. I just have a hard time thinking that they truly had Brockers as their #7 guy. I mean, if they hadn't traded with Dallas, they could have drafted Claiborne and still had two 2nd rounders and the 2nd pick of round 3. I remember Torrey Smith making that secondary look awful last year and Justin King looking hopeless against him. Claiborne could have filled a huge need and given them a core defensive player, along with Chris Long, around which they could build a defense.

I am mixed on the pick. I love trading down for 2nd rounders, but I think when there is a player at CB with the type of talent Claiborne has, you can't ignore it in favor of a DT with less impact potential.

I'd give them a C for the pick of Brockers. I don't think he was a bad pick at 15 in terms of value, but I do think DeCastro would have looked awfully nice alongside Saffold for the next half-decade.

Blog Entries

I think that Rex Ryan was trying to be a genius with Quinton Coples.
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore

Not sure the Seahawks aren't making their picks from a load of names in a hat. Some baffling picks.
    "Flacco stepping up and throwing deep down the far sideline... CAUGHT!!! Into the endzone, TOUCHDOWN JACOBY JONES!!!!!"

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by The Excellector View Post
    I think that Rex Ryan was trying to be a genius with Quinton Coples.
    The Jets do have a GM. It's not like Rex makes the picks.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenswintitle View Post
    The Raiders are PISSED that they didn't get the chance to draft a 3rd rounder in the first this year ;)
    With a real GM now making the picks it's a new way to do things for the Raiders. They may actually become boring at these events in the future.