Page 149 of 211 FirstFirst ... 147148149150151 ... LastLast
Results 1,777 to 1,788 of 2528

Re: The 2012 NFL Draft Thread -- LIVE Discussion on Picks, Moves, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by GOTA View Post
    The Ravens control Ray for the next 2 seasons. There is plenty of time for him to figure it out
    Did Ray sign an extensions sometime last night I wasn't made aware of?

2. Re: The 2012 NFL Draft Thread -- LIVE Discussion on Picks, Moves, etc.

Hoping Toon might be there at 3 when we pick in the fourth. He's got size and pedigree.

Quote Originally Posted by Raveninwoodlawn View Post
    Did Ray sign an extensions sometime last night I wasn't made aware of?
    What he meant was that Ray's tag number is manageable for this year and next. It's 7ish now and 9ish for 2013. 16 to 17 million for two seasons of Ray Rice's prime is probably something Biscotti is willing to swallow.

After that though he'd be a back about to turn 28 who I'm sure will have been ridden hard and put away wet for 4 straight seasons at which point we would be unlikely to want to give him a long term deal.

That assumes A. We can't sign him long term before that, and B. That there isn't a more valuable player coming into free agency who we need to spend the tag on. (CoughFlacooCough)

---
    I am here: http://tapatalk.com/map.php?fjjzs2
    My motto was always to keep swinging. Whether I was in a slump or feeling badly or having trouble off the field, the only thing to do was keep swinging. -Hank Aaron

Quote Originally Posted by ActualSpamBot View Post
    What he meant was that Ray's tag number is manageable for this year and next. It's 7ish now and 9ish for 2013. 16 to 17 million for two seasons of Ray Rice's prime is probably something Biscotti is willing to swallow.

After that though he'd be a back about to turn 28 who I'm sure will have been ridden hard and put away wet for 4 straight seasons at which point we would be unlikely to want to give him a long term deal.

That assumes A. We can't sign him long term before that, and B. That there isn't a more valuable player coming into free agency who we need to spend the tag on. (CoughFlacooCough)

---
    I am here: http://tapatalk.com/map.php?fjjzs2
    Oh ok.

Personally though, IMHO, Flacco is not going to get done this season and will be tagged next year.

I'm an absolute layman when it comes to the draft--I don't really watch college football at all--but just looking at the SI.com positional rankings...

Why is Bobbie Massie still on the board? He's the only guy left at any position that grades out over 3.0 on SI.com's scale.

As others have said, we've got real historical problems drafting receivers, but of what's left, Streeter really intrigues me. 6'5" and 4.37? Even if he doesn't catch the ball well, that seems like a guy that opposing defenses would have to focus on.

Surprised Ronnell Lewis is still there... I'm not at all against drafting both Upshaw and Lewis. Reinforcing strength is occasionally a great idea.

All the remaining centers look pretty much interchangeable to me. I'm a Big 10 guy for what little college ball I watch (Ohio boy by birth), and both Molk or Brewster are serviceable from what I remember.

Not too-too worried about safety. There's 15-20 safeties that grade out in the 2.2-2.5 range by SI's grades, and I suppose one of those would be good enough for now. Particularly if he can return too.

My layman's .02... very happy with what we've done so far. Would have liked to get Hightower, but I like Upshaw too. I think, long-term, that Hightower will one day rue the fact that the Pats got him and the Ravens and Steelers missed.

Quote Originally Posted by redmike34 View Post
    I'm an absolute layman when it comes to the draft ....
    You're not alone.

But we have some of the best, most knowledgeable posters you'll find. This season in particular, I have been given an education on the draft, thanks to many of the members in this thread.

Quote Originally Posted by purplepoe View Post
    The Ravens targetted Pierce months ago and made their move to get him. Preventing Pitt from getting him might be a periperal benefit but that's it.

Every year this thread is the same. The extremes on both ends bicker about Ozzie. Pretty funny actually. He's not perfect but he's better than most.

People mention the cap as a reason that the Ravens are in the position they are in. Of course, they fail to mention that the GM is ultimately responsible for a team's cap situation. However, drafting well naturally leads to more expensive contracts after players' rookie deals are up.

The bottom line is Upshaw fell to us and Konz didn't (in the 2nd of course which was wishful thinking IMO). I'm not thrilled with the KO pick but I understand why they made it.

The Pierce pick was made for numerous reasons (all have been mentioned). Every pick the Ravens have made can easily be explained because quite honestly they fill specific needs.

I just hope the KO pick doesn't go the way of Terry/Cousins/Hale.

There are only so many picks a team has. The draft is extremely unpredictable. I thought a big WR was a huge need but you can't change on the fly in the war room after you've done 1000s of hours of scouting to set your board. It just doesn't make sense.

PP
    Pierce was a secondary target for us in round 3. Spence was always their first choice.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Raveninwoodlawn View Post
    Oh ok.

Personally though, IMHO, Flacco is not going to get done this season and will be tagged next year.
    That's why I think Ray walks and they drafted another back.

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonRaven View Post
    You're not alone.

But we have some of the best, most knowledgeable posters you'll find. This season in particular, I have been given an education on the draft, thanks to many of the members in this thread.
    Yeah, the boys from the spot that will not be named always bring the knowledge, they tore it up over the years, I'm not much of a draft guy, but love reading their posts.

Blog Entries

C'mon Ravens let knock some picks out of the park.

Here we go...

Blog Entries

Well one WR I was thinking of gone then!

Blog Entries

Givens is a good pick for the Rams. Lots of speed in that dome.
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.