Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Blog Entries

Re: Mayock's First Round

Quote Originally Posted by Lee Van Cleef View Post
    I just find Hightower completely uninspiring. Not even sure why. I just don't like it.
    It's that kind of 1st round. Ozzie has to do what he can with a mediocre looking group.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by alien bird View Post
    I agree with you, but the draft is about finding production, not about providing inspiration - unless the team is trying to sell tickets and build a fan base. I think the Ravens are trying to win a Super Bowl.
    Oh it's not even that. I find getting a really good OL prospect or something akin inspiring. But something about Hightower, from what I have seen, just doesn't get me behind him as a potential Raven.

Blog Entries

Dont'a Hightower, as a Raven, would kick more tail than Lee Van Cleef and Jim Kelly combined.
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore

Oh it's not even that. I find getting a really good OL prospect or something akin inspiring. But something about Hightower, from what I have seen, just doesn't get me behind him as a potential Raven.
    Yeah, I hear you. I would rather see something else, but like GOTA said, it's just that kind of draft. As the time draws near, I am kind of getting caught up in the Chandler Jones hype. If he fell to the Ravens, that would inspire me, and I haven't even seen that much of him to really know if it's real or if it's hype.

Blog Entries

PFT made a fairly well reasoned point in a recent article that, up to this point it's pretty much entirely the opinion of draftniks and media experts that have shape the perceptions of players leading up to the draft, but we all have no idea what the teams actually think of the these guys. For all we know since March the Ravens may have had Jones as a top ten prospect on their board.

It'll be interesting to finally see what the teams think tonight.

For all we know since March the Ravens may have had Jones as a top ten prospect on their board.

Yep. I am positive the Ravens' board looks nothing like what any of us imagine. Sure, there are going to be certain guys rated pretty high, but they are sure to have guys in their sights for the middle rounds (or even higher) that none of us have been discussing.

Blog Entries

PFT made a fairly well reasoned point in a recent article that, up to this point it's pretty much entirely the opinion of draftniks and media experts that have shape the perceptions of players leading up to the draft, but we all have no idea what the teams actually think of the these guys. For all we know since March the Ravens may have had Jones as a top ten prospect on their board.

Ha - I'm listening to SiriusNFL and Russ Lande said similar things. He said the teams tell their staff that if they're asked about a specific player, they should respond that they love him, he's great. No matter who the player.

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!