Blog Entries

A good/fair article on George Zimmerman

I find this comment from a neighbor to be quite sad:

"Let's talk about the elephant in the room. I'm black, OK?" the woman said, declining to be identified because she anticipated backlash due to her race. She leaned in to look a reporter directly in the eyes. "There were black boys robbing houses in this neighborhood," she said. "That's why George was suspicious of Trayvon Martin."

Read it HERE.

Blog Entries

Re: A good/fair article on George Zimmerman

That is one of the more fair articles I've read. However there are still things in this to be pissed about.
    On February 26, George Zimmerman shot and killed unarmed black teenager Trayvon Martin in what Zimmerman says was self-defense
    Why is race relevant? This is a dead PERSON, not a black person, not an unarmed person. He is a dead person, mentioning race is unessecary

This time, Zimmerman was not so patient, and he disregarded police advice against pursuing Martin.

"These assholes," he muttered in an aside, "they always get away."

After the phone call ended, several minutes passed when the movements of Zimmerman and Martin remain a mystery.
    So the author makes an assumption (even the CHIEF INVESTIGATOR said there is no evidence) that he continued to follow Martin, then says several minutes passed and what happened there remains a mystery.

While this article is fair it still has things that are assuming and unnecessary.
    Last edited by NCRAVEN; 04-26-2012 at 05:20 PM.

Blog Entries

Re: A good/fair article on George Zimmerman

Quote Originally Posted by NCRAVEN View Post
    Why is race relevant? This is a dead PERSON, not a black person, not an unarmed person. He is a dead person, mentioning race is unnecessary
    True. I didn't even notice that.

Quote Originally Posted by NCRAVEN View Post
    So the author makes an assumption (even the CHIEF INVESTIGATOR said there is no evidence) that he continued to follow Martin, then says several minutes passed and what happened there remains a mystery.

While this article is fair it still has things that are assuming and unnecessary.
    Also true. Remember, we're talking Reuters here. They're in no mans land with this type of reporting.