Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Blog Entries

Joe Flacco or Ray Rice?

I am curious to see. I would imagine most would let Ray Rice walk. Personally, I think it is time to start thinking about other options at running back. It sounds like Ray wants the moon in terms of running back pay, and as you know, with the cap, you cannot afford everyone.

It is a QB driven league, I think the mere fact they had to put a franchise tag on a running back is horrible in terms of durability and injury versus reward. Yes, I know he was a lot of the offense, I am not taking that away! But the think of the future. Monster backs are less and pass happy attacks are the norm, even if Ray is a great pass catching threat.

I love Ray Rice, but the way the league is changing I cannot agree with giving him so much money. Corners, Defensive Line, and Quarterbacks in my book are where you drop the dollars. The shelf life of a running back is so short, I understand Rice's desire for fat money, but I don't think in makes sense for the Ravens in the long term.

Re: Joe Flacco or Ray Rice?

Are you talking hypothetically one or the other? If so, it has to be Joe.

But there is a very real chance both will be on the team for a very long time, thanks to the tag and restructuring.

Blog Entries

At the minimum we're going to have both for the next 2 seasons and yes I am expecting a deal with Flacco before he hits free agency

I think RR is more to the Ravens offense than other running backs are to their team. I say the same about Gore, Forte and Foster. Rice is valuable to the passing game too. I seen too many games where Flacco got happy feet after his first 2 reads wasn't open and he dumps the ball off to RR. JMO but I hope they sign both.
    WE DON'T NEED YOUR RESPECT BUT WE WILL BEAT UP ON YOU AND TAKE YOUR SOUL!!!!!!!

Flacco over Rice.
    I expect to see a RB taken in the later rounds in this draft, as a just in case.

I don't think its a question as to whether who would you want to keep.... Its Rice & his agent's crazy contract demands where it forces a decision of Flacco over Rice. Rice is worth Foster's contract... no more. They are certifiably insane if they think he is worth Peterson money. Peterson isn't worth Peterson money. No RB is worth that in today's passing NFL. Rice isn't a Top 5 'running' RB so no way do you overpay to keep Rice.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by ravensnhokies View Post
    I don't think its a question as to whether who would you want to keep.... Its Rice & his agent's crazy contract demands where it forces a decision of Flacco over Rice. Rice is worth Foster's contract... no more. They are certifiably insane if they think he is worth Peterson money. Peterson isn't worth Peterson money. No RB is worth that in today's passing NFL. Rice isn't a Top 5 'running' RB so no way do you overpay to keep Rice.
    This is what I am talking about, I think people are looking at this situation too positively, I feel as if this is going to be one of the occasions that the Ravens are going to lose a really good player over.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Silver View Post
    This is what I am talking about, I think people are looking at this situation too positively, I feel as if this is going to be one of the occasions that the Ravens are going to lose a really good player over.
    The team isn't going to pick Rice over Flacco. We all know that. All you have to do is see how they are looking to extend Flacco a year early and never even considered doing that with Rice. Rice has to decide if he wants to test the market in 2014 or sign a deal that makes sense for the Ravens. It's that simple.

Blog Entries

It seems like every time the Ravens contract negotiations don't get taken care of swiftly, fans start trying to oust the player that the negotiations are happening with. Take a chill pill. There is a lot of time to get something done. These things don't happen over night and when they do happen that quickly its usually the team that gets the raw deal.

I don't think we have to worry about losing Rice or Flacco any time soon.

Blog Entries

I think they should have let him test the market now.

And I don't need to take a chill pill Corey, this is the current atmosphere of the league. Grubbs is lost, fine, I can deal. But to give out AP money is ridiculous and that is the benchmark being used.

Flacco and it is not even close. If Rice wants more than Foster than chances are he is not on the team past this year. The team will more than likely let him walk or trade him after this season. I doubt his value will ever be as high as it is right now. If he does not sign this year chances are his value will take a hit this season. The state of the Ravens oline could make it difficult running next year.

Not even close Flacco of course. RR with his "backpay" demands is stupid. ALL decent players when they get to their 2nd contract out performed their rookie deals if they where drafted outside the top 10 picks or 2nd round or later. Do you think Foster outperformed his rookie deal? Let's face it the Ravens for over 10 years have run the ball pretty well no matter who carried the ball. Plus, RR in the last 3 playoff games has been pretty bad. Everyone just holds onto the playoff game at NE 3 years ago. Plus, if you are going to give a back 8 million I would expect he should be able to pick up yards in short yardage situations. RR is in my mind a good 2 down back, who can hit HR's on occasion.