Who else is invading Fed Ex on 12/9?

6 of us are heading to Fed Ex, we're really looking forward to it. My uncle and two cousins are die hard 'skins fans from the eastern shore who've never seen their team play at Fed Ex (my one cousin did go with me to the '08 game between the two teams here at M&T), and my Dad, brother and I are all Ravens fans of course. Should be fun. I think I'm going to buy a green lot parking pass off of ebay, as I've heard some horror stories on the cash lots (not much cheaper than buying a permit, and loooooooooooong waits for shuttle buses).

Anyone else heading down? We're thinking of doing a small tailgate with a hibachi or something, but would be open to meeting up with anyone else heading down. We're looking at getting upper level corner endzone tickets. If anyone has any helpful advice for game day planning, I'm all ears.
    Last edited by esmd; 04-26-2012 at 09:47 AM.
    Never get in a fight with a pig; you both get muddy, and the pig likes it...

Re: Who else is invading Fed Ex on 12/9?

If you gave me a free ticket, $100 spending money, a free ride on a luxury motor coach bus (with bathroom in the back), free beer on the bus......I would consider it (but probably pass).

Been to that dump 2 times to see the Ravens. Have absolutely no desire to see them play there again in one of the worst stadiums (with the worst fans) in the league.

But I hope you have a good time!

I have attended every Ravens-Redskins scrimmage, exhibition game, and regular season game at FedEx. I'll be there again this December. I have been promised a seat in a suite, so I'll take that offer up if it's still there in December! I am up for stopping by tailgate parties of Ravens fans, so please post where and how to recognize you.

As to help with game day planning: get there good & early. Most of the Redskins fans in the tailgate lots are decent. There should be thousands of Ravens fans, so you won't be isolated. Here are a few photos from our 2000 game tailgate party at Landover, where we arrived at 8 am for 1 pm kickoff and wound up on CBS pre-game show staging a fight with Redskins fan (who wound up biting the Fanatic's arm when the phony fight turned real last photo):

1020_001.jpg

1020_002.jpg

1020_008.jpg

1020_009.jpg

1020_010.jpg

tailgt5.jpg

redrave2.jpg

PeterB58: It's one of the lower tier stadiums in the league, but I wouldn't call it a dump. Oakland, SF, San Diego are much worse; I don't see a huge difference between FedEx and most other NFL open air stadiums, including the "Escalator-less Stadium at Camden Yards". All so-called "modern" stadiums which added multiple tiers for premium seating pushed the upper decks into the stratosphere. We have a better location, but the facilities aren't significantly different. Nor is the traffic egress -- I live almost equidistant between the two Maryland stadiums, and it takes me 40 to 50 minutes to get home from either stadium. If you want to watch NFL football from a better vantage point, go to Orchard Park or the rebuilt Gator Bowl. Tiny concourses and piss-poor restrooms, yes, but great sightlines.
    In a 2003 BBC poll that asked Brits to name the "Greatest American Ever", Mr. T came in fourth, behind ML King (3rd), Abe Lincoln (2nd) and Homer Simpson (1st).

Thanks for the info gentlemen!

5. Re: Who else is invading Fed Ex on 12/9?

I know at least myself and 15 others are heading down for the game. I heard parking is terrible and there is nothing to do around the stadium.

Blog Entries

I will be going and buying a parking pass. Will not even try the cash lots that you have to get a shuttle

7. Re: Who else is invading Fed Ex on 12/9?

I know Jimmy's Famous Seafood is doing a Bus Trip to the Ravens - Redskins Game

Other companies that are running bus trips to the Ravens-Redskins game are BMore About Town and WNST. BMore About Town has four different packages to the game.

If you are driving I recommend that you purchase a parking pass in advance from someone like StubHub or a ticket broker. Some neighbors on Morgan Boulevard sometimes rent their parking spaces from their driveways, but I wouldn't count on it driving to the stadium.

I also would not suggest trying to park and take the Washington Metro to the game. Parking is free in the Metro Operated Lots on weekends, but it will be a long one mile walk from the Morgan Boulevard Station to FedEx Field in cold December weather. Also they do track work on the Metro almost every weekend, causing horrendous delays due to single tracking and closing of some stations to do major track work resulting in delays caused by shuttle bus service between the stations that are closed.

I got a good deal on a single seat ticket on StubHub and will be going, but I will take a bus from the Rockville Hooters to the game since I live near there and will be on my best behavior if I'm surrounded by Redskin fans.

Bump! I got us a green lot pass, and we're in section 405 I believe. Looking forward to it!

Quote Originally Posted by esmd View Post
    Bump! I got us a green lot pass, and we're in section 405 I believe. Looking forward to it!
    I hope you all bring home a win...walking out of that stadium after a loss is one of the most miserable "walks of shame" I have ever experienced.