View Poll Results: What WILL the Ravens do with pick 29?

Voters
39. You may not vote on this poll
  • Trade pick 29 and their third round selection (#92) to move up 5-8 spots in the first round

5 12.82%
  • Use pick 29 to select Dont’a Hightower, LB, Alabama (6’2” 265lbs)

7 17.95%
  • Use pick 29 to select Stephen Hill, WR, Georgia Tech (6'4", 215lbs)

4 10.26%
  • Use pick 29 to select Peter Konz, OC, Wisconsin (6’5” 315lbs)

4 10.26%
  • Use pick 29 to select some other player

8 20.51%
  • Trade the 29th pick for two picks, in the top-third of the second and third rounds.

11 28.21%
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Blog Entries

Re: Final poll (seriously). How WILL the Ravens use pick 29?

I like Chandler Jones, but I REALLY don't like him has a 1st round pick.
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Shas View Post
    Chandler Jones would certainly be an interesting pick.
    Our buddy ArtJ97 tweeted this:

http://www.twitlonger.com/show/h4kk58

Man I wouldn't mind terrorizing quarterback and running backs again with my little brother @ChanJones99. I'm hoping he still around pick #29 = )

Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post
    I like Chandler Jones, but I REALLY don't like him has a 1st round pick.
    I noticed that the Greg Cosell mock has him at 15 to the Iggles. Hard for me to figure out where to rate him. Frankly, I have not paid a lot of attention to his play.

Blog Entries

I have Hightower falling to the Ravens on my board. And the Ravens WILL not pass up on him. Lets look at the teams who would use a pick on a player like Hightower.

Buffalo- They'd choose Kuechly before Hightower.

Kansas city- Same as above.

Seattle- I think these are one of the teams who could reach for Hightower here since Kuechly will likely be gone by now, but ultimately I see Seattle taking other players before Hightower.

Dallas- Now this is a team I can see them taking, but they would probably value Barron higher than Hightower.

Jets- Possibly, but I think Rex has his eyes on a pure 3-4 OLB. Like Upshaw, Chandler Jones, Or Mercilus.

Bengals- Marvin Lewis wants Upshaw badly, so I think they will take Upshaw over Hightower here. They will likely take a CB with their second pick.

San Diego Chargers- I don't see the Chargers taking Hightower while they have significant needs on the Oline. I have them taking Cordy Glenn.

Steelers- Here is the key. I have Poe here on my board, and I think the Steelers will try and find their version of Haloti Ngata and pick Poe over Hightower.

Texans- This would be interesting, I can easily see them drafting Hightower, but I have them taking Stephen Hill instead on my board.

Packers- I think Shea McClellin is a lock for them right now.

So as you can see there is at least a decent chance that he lands to us.

One thing that might change things is

Adam Schefter ‏ @AdamSchefter Reply Retweet Favorite · Open
    Promises to be an active, unpredictable draft. One NFL GM went so far as to say today, "Picks 3-16 are all trying to trade back."

how much this is true, if at all. If it really is everyone, then the draft pick compensation trade table may go out of the window (if they're that desperate). Might able to move up and get a great deal. Unlikely, but it seems that hardly anyone wants to use their first round pick this year.

Quote Originally Posted by leachisabeast View Post
    I have Hightower falling to the Ravens on my board. And the Ravens WILL not pass up on him. Lets look at the teams who would use a pick on a player like Hightower.

Buffalo- They'd choose Kuechly before Hightower.

Kansas city- Same as above.

Seattle- I think these are one of the teams who could reach for Hightower here since Kuechly will likely be gone by now, but ultimately I see Seattle taking other players before Hightower.

Dallas- Now this is a team I can see them taking, but they would probably value Barron higher than Hightower.

Jets- Possibly, but I think Rex has his eyes on a pure 3-4 OLB. Like Upshaw, Chandler Jones, Or Mercilus.

Bengals- Marvin Lewis wants Upshaw badly, so I think they will take Upshaw over Hightower here. They will likely take a CB with their second pick.

San Diego Chargers- I don't see the Chargers taking Hightower while they have significant needs on the Oline. I have them taking Cordy Glenn.

Steelers- Here is the key. I have Poe here on my board, and I think the Steelers will try and find their version of Haloti Ngata and pick Poe over Hightower.

Texans- This would be interesting, I can easily see them drafting Hightower, but I have them taking Stephen Hill instead on my board.

Packers- I think Shea McClellin is a lock for them right now.

So as you can see there is at least a decent chance that he lands to us.

I guess it just depends on if you are an optimist or a pessimist. While I agree with all of your assessments of players more likely to be taken by such-and-such a team before they take Hightower, we also have to assume that such-and-such a player is still there for them however.

What if Upshaw goes before 16, or Kuechly before 12, or Glenn before 18, or Barron before 15, or Hill before 26? It would take just one of those guys going earlier than we're guessing they will go to suddenly leaveHightower as the best option for those teams.

I look at the board and think, hell, it's hard to name any team 16-28 where Hightower would not be a strong consideration if certain players come off the board ahead of him.

Blog Entries

Konz would follow our MO, unless we traded out. Made another post in another thread about the history of our 1st rounders, and the overwhelming majority of the time we've picked up one of the top 2 ranked at their position in the first. That would be Konz, ranked #1 at C, which is also a need. Is he worth it is a big argument, but just going by numbers and odds thats where I'd put my money.

Blog Entries

They Pick Mike Adams at #29. I would be ok with them going after Chandler Jones as well.

Quote Originally Posted by JustaslowZ06 View Post
    Konz would follow our MO, unless we traded out. Made another post in another thread about the history of our 1st rounders, and the overwhelming majority of the time we've picked up one of the top 2 ranked at their position in the first. That would be Konz, ranked #1 at C, which is also a need. Is he worth it is a big argument, but just going by numbers and odds thats where I'd put my money.
    Yeah, I voted Hill but already think I'm wrong. I guess I'm rooting to trade back but skeptical they can do it. Well, I am rooting for Hightower to fall, but even more skeptical about that happening.

The most likely scenario is that they stay and make a pick and by the time Ozzie and Eric are done raving about the guy they've convinced me how lucky we are to have grabbed him.

Blog Entries

Dont'a......Hightower.
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore

I voted pick some other play at 29 just from a probability standpoint.

Another player. Somehow I have this faith that Ozzie will outsmart the prognosticators to find another gem. That could be by trading up, back or staying put. They are pretty tight lipped over there.