Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Could and Would

Re: Could and Would

Quote Originally Posted by The Excellector View Post
    Plus, it's like they forgot that they don't have a defense.
    I think it was a pretty crappy move. And, like I said, while it probably won't be ATL again, somebody else could be equally stupid this year, and give us that 3rd and next year's 1st for Konz, for example. I'd be all over that.

Quote Originally Posted by pickles View Post
    Yeah, but imo, if we're not getting a first round talent, then are we really missing out on anything?
    No, but there is no chance that every player the Ravens have rated as a first round talent will be off the board at 29. It's just not practical. Ozzie always has guys that you dont expect to be graded high as a first round talent.
    Follow me on twitter at @dandrews66

Blog Entries

anything is possible but they're so far down in the pick selection it's unlikely that a team would overpay
    World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

Quote Originally Posted by leachisabeast View Post
    We really don't have that many needs at all IMO. We lost a lot more players last season than we did this year. What we really need is depth from this draft, it's not overally talented, the best part of it is from the 2nd round to the 4th round, you could probably find quite a few gems there.

But worst come to worst, we could still survive with Jah Reid at guard (wouldn't hurt to draft a guard to compete with him). As good as JJ was, our defense isn't going to magically decline because we lost two ageing run defenders, we have replaced them with pass rushers in McPhee and Kruger, so maybe our pass rush will be more effective if anything. We made it to the AFC Championship last season with pretty much only relying on two WR sets and two tight ends in the passing game, I'm sure it wouldn't hurt bringing in a 3rd guy in the draft. Other than that we need safety depth and Dline depth.

But I wouldn't consider any of that a major problem, I wouldn't say we are a team with MAJOR needs at all.
    I don't think we have to DRAFT anybody to start. That's what I consider a glaring, major need and we don't have that problem, like most of the rest of the league. It would be nice to get a G who could step in and play, or at least compete w Reid, but can that not be done in the 2nd?

Quote Originally Posted by dandrews View Post
    No, but there is no chance that every player the Ravens have rated as a first round talent will be off the board at 29. It's just not practical. Ozzie always has guys that you dont expect to be graded high as a first round talent.
    The Steelers GM said they have 10ish players w a 1st round grade. DeCosta said something similar recently. Not all drafts are created equally. They could very well be there at 29 and HAVE to take somebody that they don't grade out as a first rounder, that's more likely imo than them being able to find a willing partner for my proposed trade.

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenswintitle View Post
    anything is possible but they're so far down in the pick selection it's unlikely that a team would overpay
    I feel this is most likely correct. Still, it could happen and I'd be all over it if somebody offered it. GMs and HCs get desperate when their jobs are on the line.

We really don't have that many needs at all IMO. We lost a lot more players last season than we did this year. What we really need is depth from this draft, it's not overally talented, the best part of it is from the 2nd round to the 4th round, you could probably find quite a few gems there.

But worst come to worst, we could still survive with Jah Reid at guard (wouldn't hurt to draft a guard to compete with him). As good as JJ was, our defense isn't going to magically decline because we lost two ageing run defenders, we have replaced them with pass rushers in McPhee and Kruger, so maybe our pass rush will be more effective if anything. We made it to the AFC Championship last season with pretty much only relying on two WR sets and two tight ends in the passing game, I'm sure it wouldn't hurt bringing in a 3rd guy in the draft. Other than that we need safety depth and Dline depth.

But I wouldn't consider any of that a major problem, I wouldn't say we are a team with MAJOR needs at all.
    I agree, but I consider depth to be a major need. It's almost impossible to win a Super Bowl without depth. Currently, we have a HUGE need for depth at linebacker and secondary. We still need depth for Dline and Oline, along with Wide receiver.

The Steelers GM said they have 10ish players w a 1st round grade. DeCosta said something similar recently. Not all drafts are created equally. They could very well be there at 29 and HAVE to take somebody that they don't grade out as a first rounder, that's more likely imo than them being able to find a willing partner for my proposed trade.
    I don't doubt you at all, but do you have link for what DeCosta said? I didn't hear that and I'd be curious to read it.

Quote Originally Posted by The Excellector View Post
    Plus, it's like they forgot that they don't have a defense.
    Did you just quote yourself Ex LOL.

Blog Entries

I don't think we have to DRAFT anybody to start. That's what I consider a glaring, major need and we don't have that problem, like most of the rest of the league. It would be nice to get a G who could step in and play, or at least compete w Reid, but can that not be done in the 2nd?
    Yeah Brandon Brooks in the second would be perfect.

I honestly think Jah Reid's future is at left tackle not guard anyway, call me crazy but he will be McKinnies successor.

Quote Originally Posted by dandrews View Post
    I don't doubt you at all, but do you have link for what DeCosta said? I didn't hear that and I'd be curious to read it.
    I do not. I actually read it on the Steelers board when they were discussing what their GM said. I'll see if I can't find it. Maybe you should doubt me. Haha. It's possible I read something incorrect and have now passed it on.

Yeah Brandon Brooks in the second would be perfect.

I honestly think Jah Reid's future is at left tackle not guard anyway, call me crazy but he will be McKinnies successor.
    You're crazy. Haha. I don't think he's got a LT future. I think he's an inferior tackle to Oher, and I don't want to see Oher on the left side either.