Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Re: Everyone who has ever had a thought about Joe and our offense needs to listen to this Morning radioshow interview

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenswintitle View Post
    I'll take an ugly win and like it
    Me too. I think the problem is that sometimes Cam-Cam gives us ugly losses.

Re: Everyone who has ever had a thought about Joe and our offense needs to listen to this Morning radioshow interview

Quote Originally Posted by steelerhater View Post
    You haven't been paying attention to this board. Cam's biggest downfall is that he cannot/will not make adjustments if the game plan isn't going well. He is usually out-coached, especially after halftime. Most coaches make halftime adjustments, Cam has a few beers and leaves the gameplan as is.
    Arizona?

Hey guys, I'm at work and can't listen. Can someone do a short summary for me?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by RavnFreek View Post
    Hey guys, I'm at work and can't listen. Can someone do a short summary for me?
    Cosell's thoughts:

1.) Ed Reed needs to shut up (He actually said that)
    2.) He's never seen a group of WRs struggle to get open like the Ravens WRs
    3.) It was all isolation routes on the outside and nobody could get open. All Flacco could do was try to drop back shoulder throws on a dime, deep down the field.
    4.) Nothing was done, schematically, to help the WRs get open.
    5.) It was like watching an offense from the sixties.
    6.) He's not saying that Flacco is Tom Brady, but it is VERY difficult for a QB to be successful under the circumstances.
    Last edited by The Excellector; 04-24-2012 at 05:30 PM.
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore

Quote Originally Posted by The Excellector View Post
    Cosell's thoughts:

1.) Ed Reed needs to shut up (He actually said that)
    2.) He's never seen a group of WRs struggle to get open like the Ravens WRs
    3.) It was all isolation routes on the outside and nobody could get open. All Flacco could do was try to drop back shoulder throws on a dime, deep down the field.
    4.) Nothing was down, schematically, to help the WRs get open.
    5.) It was like watching an offense from the sixties.
    6.) He's not saying that Flacco is Tom Brady, but it is VERY difficult for a QB to be successful under the circumstances.
    Thanks for that!
    Wow, that's great on all points.

See, a good coach always adapts to the players' talents to get the most out of them, NOT, try to force them into a system that doesn't fit their skill set.
    We should be able to run a wide open offense with the personnel we have had for the last 2 years, at least.
    But if you have to depend on every aspect of every play working out EXACTLY, it is virtually impossible at this level to have perfection every play. Yet, the Ravens made it to the brink of the super bowl due to the level of their talent and some luck.

The right coordinator is critical. These two last years showed it.
    The defense became better this year due to the re-implementation of the attacking style.
    That only happened with a change of coordinators.

The same thing applies to the offensive side of the ball.