Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Re: Roger: "Hey, ESPN & NFLN, stop ruining my big surprise."

Quote Originally Posted by dandrews View Post
    Am I the only person on earth that likes Chris Berman?
    probably

lol. I definitely know I'm in the minority, but I think he plays a good host is kind of transitioning conversation between the actual analysts.

I'm also a bit younger too. Watching him and Tom Jackson on NFL Primetime before Sunday Night Football with my Dad was the highlight of my week during football season, so there's bit of a nostalgic bias.
    And let me guess, he was getting in plugs for his niners even if they weren't playing in the game. I think he's the worst ever at keeping his favorite team to himself.

Quote Originally Posted by steelerhater View Post
    And let me guess, he was getting in plugs for his niners even if they weren't playing in the game. I think he's the worst ever at keeping his favorite team to himself.
    I had no idea he was a Niners fan, so he can't be that bad at it.
    Follow me on twitter at @dandrews66

I had no idea he was a Niners fan, so he can't be that bad at it.
    Seriously? Did you just start watching football this year?

Am I the only person on earth that likes Chris Berman?
    No you're not. I like him too.

The suspense is all in the waiting for the phone call.....compare that to whichever announcers you choose making their predictions.... and it makes good and interesting television....IMO

I think it's pretty cool to watch the family reaction and the player realizing their efforts came to fruition and they are now a member of an NFL franchise. Sometimes you get the side story during the reaction about how the family got to this point....all-be-it...... will probably be talked about beforehand.....but it's nice to see the live reactions.

If they choose to hide those reactions, I hope they do take the time to show it eventually, but for me that just takes away from the actual viewing of a LIVE Draft!

Quote Originally Posted by MountaineerRaven View Post
    The suspense is all in the waiting for the phone call.....compare that to whichever announcers you choose making their predictions.... and it makes good and interesting television....IMO

I think it's pretty cool to watch the family reaction and the player realizing their efforts came to fruition and they are now a member of an NFL franchise. Sometimes you get the side story during the reaction about how the family got to this point....all-be-it...... will probably be talked about beforehand.....but it's nice to see the live reactions.

If they choose to hide those reactions, I hope they do take the time to show it eventually, but for me that just takes away from the actual viewing of a LIVE Draft!
    I agree that the reactions add something, but am also okay if they show it on a delayed basis. Seeing the player react to the news is more interesting than Roger blanking staring into the camera reading the player's name.

I'm far more annoyed when they cut to a commercial when Ravens select and all you get is a craw at the bottom of the screen when the pick is made.

The NFL draft *is* a tv show. I have no problem with it acting like one.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shas View Post
    I'm far more annoyed when they cut to a commercial when Ravens select and all you get is a craw at the bottom of the screen when the pick is made.
    Assuming you meant "crawl," or possibly "caw," which would also make sense, for the Ravens. :)
    Festivus

His definitions and arguments were so clear in his own mind that he was unable to understand how any reasonable person could honestly differ with him.

Quote Originally Posted by steelerhater View Post
    Seriously? Did you just start watching football this year?
    Umm. What have YOU been watching? He grew up a Jets fan and switched to the Bills.

Berman didn’t have to ask ESPN for permission to present Wilson, though some people have questioned whether the role damages his objectivity. Of course, anyone who has listened to Berman should be aware of his love and close association with the Bills, their draft day cab driver and the owner.
    Maybe you got it confused with his other boyhood team .... the San Fran Giants?

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonRaven View Post
    Umm. What have YOU been watching? He grew up a Jets fan and switched to the Bills.

Maybe you got it confused with his other boyhood team .... the San Fran Giants?
    Nobody circles the wagons like the Buffalo Bills
    Follow me on twitter at @dandrews66