Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Results 25 to 34 of 34
  1. #25

    Re: Roger: "Hey, ESPN & NFLN, stop ruining my big surprise."



    Quote Originally Posted by dandrews View Post
    Am I the only person on earth that likes Chris Berman?
    probably




  2. #26

    Re: Roger: "Hey, ESPN & NFLN, stop ruining my big surprise."

    Quote Originally Posted by dandrews View Post
    lol. I definitely know I'm in the minority, but I think he plays a good host is kind of transitioning conversation between the actual analysts.

    I'm also a bit younger too. Watching him and Tom Jackson on NFL Primetime before Sunday Night Football with my Dad was the highlight of my week during football season, so there's bit of a nostalgic bias.
    And let me guess, he was getting in plugs for his niners even if they weren't playing in the game. I think he's the worst ever at keeping his favorite team to himself.




  3. #27
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Southern York County
    Posts
    1,522

    Re: Roger: "Hey, ESPN & NFLN, stop ruining my big surprise."

    Quote Originally Posted by steelerhater View Post
    And let me guess, he was getting in plugs for his niners even if they weren't playing in the game. I think he's the worst ever at keeping his favorite team to himself.
    I had no idea he was a Niners fan, so he can't be that bad at it.
    Follow me on twitter at @dandrews66




  4. #28

    Re: Roger: "Hey, ESPN & NFLN, stop ruining my big surprise."

    Quote Originally Posted by dandrews View Post
    I had no idea he was a Niners fan, so he can't be that bad at it.
    Seriously? Did you just start watching football this year?




  5. #29
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Baltimore
    Posts
    1,899

    Re: Roger: "Hey, ESPN & NFLN, stop ruining my big surprise."

    Quote Originally Posted by dandrews View Post
    Am I the only person on earth that likes Chris Berman?
    No you're not. I like him too.
    "Old Man my Ass!" - John Malkovich




  6. #30
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Da Dirty Dena
    Posts
    130

    Re: Roger: "Hey, ESPN & NFLN, stop ruining my big surprise."

    The suspense is all in the waiting for the phone call.....compare that to whichever announcers you choose making their predictions.... and it makes good and interesting television....IMO

    I think it's pretty cool to watch the family reaction and the player realizing their efforts came to fruition and they are now a member of an NFL franchise. Sometimes you get the side story during the reaction about how the family got to this point....all-be-it...... will probably be talked about beforehand.....but it's nice to see the live reactions.

    If they choose to hide those reactions, I hope they do take the time to show it eventually, but for me that just takes away from the actual viewing of a LIVE Draft!




  7. #31
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    2,178
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Roger: "Hey, ESPN & NFLN, stop ruining my big surprise."

    Quote Originally Posted by MountaineerRaven View Post
    The suspense is all in the waiting for the phone call.....compare that to whichever announcers you choose making their predictions.... and it makes good and interesting television....IMO

    I think it's pretty cool to watch the family reaction and the player realizing their efforts came to fruition and they are now a member of an NFL franchise. Sometimes you get the side story during the reaction about how the family got to this point....all-be-it...... will probably be talked about beforehand.....but it's nice to see the live reactions.

    If they choose to hide those reactions, I hope they do take the time to show it eventually, but for me that just takes away from the actual viewing of a LIVE Draft!
    I agree that the reactions add something, but am also okay if they show it on a delayed basis. Seeing the player react to the news is more interesting than Roger blanking staring into the camera reading the player's name.

    I'm far more annoyed when they cut to a commercial when Ravens select and all you get is a craw at the bottom of the screen when the pick is made.




  8. #32

    Re: Roger: "Hey, ESPN & NFLN, stop ruining my big surprise."

    The NFL draft *is* a tv show. I have no problem with it acting like one.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shas View Post
    I'm far more annoyed when they cut to a commercial when Ravens select and all you get is a craw at the bottom of the screen when the pick is made.
    Assuming you meant "crawl," or possibly "caw," which would also make sense, for the Ravens.
    Festivus

    His definitions and arguments were so clear in his own mind that he was unable to understand how any reasonable person could honestly differ with him.




  9. #33
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Houston, TX Y'all
    Posts
    22,823

    Re: Roger: "Hey, ESPN & NFLN, stop ruining my big surprise."

    Quote Originally Posted by steelerhater View Post
    Seriously? Did you just start watching football this year?
    Umm. What have YOU been watching? He grew up a Jets fan and switched to the Bills.

    Berman didn’t have to ask ESPN for permission to present Wilson, though some people have questioned whether the role damages his objectivity. Of course, anyone who has listened to Berman should be aware of his love and close association with the Bills, their draft day cab driver and the owner.
    Maybe you got it confused with his other boyhood team .... the San Fran Giants?
    WARNING: This post may contain material offensive to those who lack wit, humor, common sense and/or supporting factual or anecdotal evidence. All statements and assertions contained herein may be subject to literary devices not limited to: irony, metaphor, allusion and dripping sarcasm.




  10. #34
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Southern York County
    Posts
    1,522
    Quote Originally Posted by HoustonRaven View Post
    Umm. What have YOU been watching? He grew up a Jets fan and switched to the Bills.



    Maybe you got it confused with his other boyhood team .... the San Fran Giants?
    Nobody circles the wagons like the Buffalo Bills
    Follow me on twitter at @dandrews66




Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Russell Street Report Website Design by D3Corp Ocean City Maryland