Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Blog Entries

The Motive Behind Ed Reed's Hou/Bal Post-Game Comments.

What do we think Ed Reed's true motives were for making those comments. In the aftermath of those comments, Ed Reed came out and said that there was a method to his madness.

Was his motive to motivate Joe Flacco? Was it to put the coaching staff on 'blast', sort of speak, because he felt they would need a better game-plan against New England?

By the way, did Ed Reed have any comments after the New England loss? Specifically, was he asked any questions about Joe Flacco after that loss?
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore

Re: The Motive Behind Ed Reed's Hou/Bal Post-Game Comments.

He was just speaking his mind. Joe didn't play well against Houston and him holding the ball is always the problem when the offense flutters. Houston's D is good enough that you HAVE to be quick and decisive, you don't get the time back there you do against a team like New England. He was just frustrated.

Blog Entries

He didn't even say anything too bad IMO. I just think as usual it is all blown out of proportian. If I was Ed Reed and was asked about how Flacco played, I would have said the offense simplt did not perform. There is no method here at all, other than him just speaking his mind.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by leachisabeast View Post
    He didn't even say anything too bad IMO. I just think as usual it is all blown out of proportian. If I was Ed Reed and was asked about how Flacco played, I would have said the offense simplt did not perform. There is no method here at all, other than him just speaking his mind.
    Then, why did he later say that there was a method to his madness?
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by The Excellector View Post
    Then, why did he later say that there was a method to his madness?
    Because he knew he screwed up and should have kept his mouth shut. Instead of coming out and saying that he went on the defensive.

Quote Originally Posted by GOTA View Post
    Because he knew he screwed up and should have kept his mouth shut. Instead of coming out and saying that he went on the defensive.
    Agreed

Blog Entries

Yep.

Way to go Excel. Way to start another thread giving the "Flacco Bashers" another thread to work considering they don't contribute anything in any other thread.
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Reed should have said something to Lee Evans too.

Quote Originally Posted by leachisabeast View Post
    He didn't even say anything too bad IMO. I just think as usual it is all blown out of proportion.... There is no method here at all, other than him just speaking his mind.
    Quote Originally Posted by GOTA
    Because he knew he screwed up and should have kept his mouth shut. Instead of coming out and saying that he went on the defensive
    Not a lot of filter when Reed goes on the record. Just Ed being Ed. Find a way to enjoy it; we won't have it forever.

Blog Entries

That could explain it. It would certainly be understand if Reed felt frustrated that the team has constantly relied on the defense to close out games, allowing the offense to go into a shell. Reed may or may not know whose fault it is/was. That may be why it sounded like he was all over the place in his assessment.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post
    Yep.

Way to go Excel. Way to start another thread giving the "Flacco Bashers" another thread to work considering they don't contribute anything in any other thread.
    It was just something on my mind. When I first heard his 'method to the madness' comment, I said to myself, "uh huh..........................."

The only thing that I could think of was that he was frustrated with the coaching staff for restricting Joe. At first, he talks about Joe, but he then turns his thoughts to the coaching staff and how the plays were called.

I think the Ravens as individuals and a team handled it very well. The Flacco / Reed "Fuck You!" yelling at practice was priceless. Good teams and good people can handle a little thing like unfiltered opinion.

It would have been a problem for 20+ other teams, Ravens not so much.