Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Ravens have drafted the 2nd-most All Pros the last 10 years

Thought this was an interesting factoid. PFT is spinning this story to be about the Browns' perpetual ineptitude, but it's interesting to look at the chart the Cleveland Plain Dealer has put together. It shows the Cheatriots with the most All Pros drafted from 2002-2011 with 15. Right below them are the Ravens with 13. (Yes, the Browns are at the bottom with TWO. IN TEN SEASONS.)

The Plain Dealer makes the profound revelation that All Pros drafted correlates to wins. You don't say! But even so, the Ravens win percentage for the past decade (.588) seems a little low given the talent we've had 'round these parts... the Eagles, Colts, Steelers, Packers and Chargers all made higher winning percentages will less All Pro talent. Though, of course, there's something to be said for having a HOF QB (which the Ravens have never sniffed), a good coach (which later-years Billick was not)... also something to be said for playing in a cake division (which the Ravens have never).

Just something I thought might interest the board.

http://www.cleveland.com/datacentral...best_clev.html

Blog Entries

Re: Ravens have drafted the 2nd-most All Pros the last 10 years

I heard a show on SiriusNFL last week and I thought they said that Oz's draft success is that he has taken 17 first rounders and 11 have made the pro bowl (something like that). Very impressive

You're right about the franchise QB making a difference - just look at the win percentage of Indy and SF to see both ends of that spectrum even though they're both listed as having 10 all pros.

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

Blog Entries

Just tells me if we have had a legit franchise QB, we could have had 2 or even 3 more rings by now. If only we had drafted Brady in the 6th round back in 2000!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by leachisabeast View Post
    If only we had drafted Brady in the 6th round back in 2000!
    I think a lot of teams are saying that. lol

Blog Entries

Just tells me if we have had a legit franchise QB, we could have had 2 or even 3 more rings by now. If only we had drafted Brady in the 6th round back in 2000!
    I dont know, im pretty happy with the way chris redman has worked out.
    -JAB

Blog Entries

Just look at how the Ravens winning percentage has changed since Joe Flacco has been the QB.
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore

Blog Entries

Billick would have ruined Brady in his system too.

But hey - Billick won the trophy with no QB and got into the POs in 01, 03 and 06.

So where is this PFT article that makes it about the Browns?

Can't seem to find it.

Edit: Never mind. Found it. It was written by a Cleveland paper. Why wouldn't it be about Cleveland's ineptitude?

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonRaven View Post
    So where is this PFT article that makes it about the Browns?

Can't seem to find it.

Edit: Never mind. Found it. It was written by a Cleveland paper. Why wouldn't it be about Cleveland's ineptitude?
    True point, I guess, though I was more talking about how PFT was taking that angle too. The chart the Cleveland Plain Dealer made is for all 32 teams and is quite cool, so it could easily have been marketed toward fans of all 32 teams on a site that is about all 32 teams like PFT is.

Quote Originally Posted by akashicrecorder View Post
    True point, I guess, though I was more talking about how PFT was taking that angle too. The chart the Cleveland Plain Dealer made is for all 32 teams and is quite cool, so it could easily have been marketed toward fans of all 32 teams on a site that is about all 32 teams like PFT is.
    I see.

Yeah, that chart was pretty telling. Kind of surprised to see the Jets so low. I've always viewed them as a team that does draft well, but their talent goes elsewhere.

I can't even watch the ESPN special "The Brady 6" that outlines the QBs that were taken before Brady that year. (Redman Being one of them) We would have easily 3 trophies by now.

Blog Entries

Anyone know how many All Pros the teams that won multiple Super Bowls in recent years, Steelers, Giants, Patriots, have drafted? Is it more than the Ravens?