Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Re: Under the radar prospects you'd love to see in Baltimore?

Here are some of my past-the-first round, under the radar guys:

Brandon Hardin, FS, Oregon State (6' 3", 216)
    Markelle Martin, FS, Oklahoma State (6' 1", 207)
    Trumaine Johnson, CB, Montana (6' 2", 204)
    Josh Norman, CB, Coastal Carolina (6' 0", 197)
    Cliff Harris, CB, Oregon (5' 11", 175)

Jonathan Massaquoi, LB, Troy (6' 2", 264)
    Miles Burris, LB, San Diego State (6' 2", 246)
    Jacquies Smith, DE Missouri (6' 3", 253)

Juron Criner, WR, Arizona (6'3", 224)
    Marvin Jones, WR, Cal (6' 2", 199)
    Mohamed Sanu, WR, Rutgers (6' 2", 211)
    TJ Graham, WR, North Carolina State (5' 11", 188)

Brandon Washington, G, Miami (6' 3", 320)
    Senio Kelemete, G, Washington (6' 4", 307)
    Kelechi Osemele, G, Iowa State (6' 6", 333)
    Andrew Datko, T, Florida State (6' 6", 315)

Top 5:

1. Juron Criner - Big possession WR with great hands (10.5"), leaping ability (39"), and body control. Slow 40 diminished draft stock.

2. Jared Crick - Pass rushing DE/DT, who fell due to injury. Would add great depth to d-line and give us a really talented player at a great value. Was considered a first round pick earlier in the year.

3. Bernard Pierce - Powerful RB with a rare combo of speed and size. Injuries derailed his career at Temple. If can stay healthy, would become a great compliment to Rice.

4. Cliff Harris - Playmaking stud at CB. Huge off field concerns may allow him to go undrafted. Could be a good late round flier who would solve KR/PR issues.

5. Osemele - Big powerful road grader with long arms who could dominate at LG.

If we ended up with Osemele, Brooks or Silatou in the 2nd for LG i'd be ecstatic.

Blog Entries

Brandon Brooks is my top "sleeper" choice.

Defensively, I really like Tank Carder and Tavon Wilson. I'd also really love to see Ronnell Lewis and Miles Burris.

Offensively, Marvin McNutt, TJ Graham, & Tauren Poole are guys I'd really love to see.
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

I'm starting to like the idea of Greg Childs (WR, Arkansas). The guy is a load, attacks the ball instead of waiting for it to come to him, and grabs everything with his hands.

I also wouldn't mind if they took a late round flier on Chris Greenwood (6' 1", CB, Albion). D3 player, but has some upside (and some incredible numbers reported: 4.34 in the 40 and a 43 inch vertical). He just may not be there in the 6th or 7th round.

I think Brandon Brooks fits the team perfectly and will be there at #60, I'm PRAYING we get him. I'd like to see an OLB/DE or WR taken with pick 29, but I think the best thing to do is trade back and get someone like Sanu or Ronnell Lewis with a pick at the top of the 2nd and then get Brooks with 60.

If we took Lewis at the start of the 2nd and Brooks at the end of the 2nd than with our 3rd we can look at Toon (my facorite)Childs, Streeter, Criner (it's hard to call how the recievers will fall in this draft)

Leaving the first 3 rounds with Lewis, Brooks and Toon would have me doing cartwheels in the streets and giving out 50's to homeless people

Blog Entries

Greg Childs, again, in my opinion, was at one point a better prospect than Julio Jones. Arkansas didn't quite use Childs the way that Alabama used Jones, but his athleticism wasn't far behind and his hands were 'noticeably' better.
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore

I think Childs can be a player. He showed some pretty good flash in 2010. His pro day performance suggests that not only is he over his injury, but that he's actually both faster and stronger. He's a snatcher, body position guy, and more slippery after the catch than most cats his size. From what little I've seen, his boundary and cone awareness is excellent. I would not be surprised if Childs turns out to be a monumental steal when the media monkeys look back on this class in a few years.

Criner - When I watch video on him, I keep expecting him to use his body more, but he doesn't. Nor does he elevate when he has the opportunity. It's tough to teach a big fella to become more aggressive at the age of 21-22. He left some college production on the table IMO.

Toon - I want to like him and I guess that I do. Looks pretty reliable in the hands department, but dude hasn't demonstrated any route moves whatsoever that I've seen. I mean, he barely plants a foot. However, he does use his body well. Much better than Criner.

Overall, for the mid-round WRs, I like Childs, McNutt and Marv Jones the most.

McNutt has a solid body-of-work, large hands, and set-ups his routes nicely. He's a slippery YAC guy as well, and he's a leader. Watching him for 2 1/2 years (Iowa is always on ESPN), it seems that his 4.54 40time is what he might run in pads. Overall, he's a young Boldin (played QB in HS and as a Frosh), and while I know we all would like a diverse WR corps, I can't help but think that our FO likes this guy an awful lot. Could product from day 1 IMO.

MJones - huge radius, large hands, and is strong as well. His speed 4.11 20 yard time suggests that he could become a slippery, if not multi-geared route runner if he worked at it. Could contribute eventually.

Tank Carder, Ladarius Green, and Devon Wylie are the ones that come to mind for me.

Also like Duke Ihenacho for project/special teams purposes
    Follow me on twitter at @dandrews66

Several guys I like a lot that will be mid-late round picks...

Nate Potter, OT, Boise State
    -He needs to add strength, but he has the skill set to play on the left side in the NFL.

T.Y. Hilton, WR / RS, Florida International
    -Productive WR (70+ catches 1000+ yards 7 TDs, and an elite return man to boot).

DeQuan Menzie, CB, Alabama
    -Physical press CB with a lot of experience in the nickel, and a stand-out special teamer.

James Carmon, OT, Mississippi State
    -Late-round project RT with great strength and incredible athleticism for his size.