Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Under the radar prospects you'd love to see in Baltimore?

Who are some players you really like, but aren't usually talked about as 1st or 2nd round picks?

for me:

Danny Coale. WR from VT. He doesnt have the measurables that other Wr's have, but some guys just make plays. Coale is one of those guys. Great hands, and a big time special teams contributor. He would likely be available in the 4th or 5th rounds.

Isiah Pead. RB from Cinci. Big East players often get overlooked compared to the other BCS conference players. Pead is a tough runner, who is also very dangerous catching the ball out of the backfield. Trust me when I say that the other Big East teams are happy they wont have to face him any more

Joe Adams. WR from Arky. The Ravens were reportedly interested in bringing in Ted Ginn to help to return game, but he opted to stay in San Fran. Adams is an electric player on special teams, although it remains to be seen if he can contribute as a WR in the NFL

Bruce Irvin. DE/OLB from WVU. Pure pass rush talent. terrorized Big East QB's for the past couple years.

Homer pick: Desmond Wynn. OT/OG from Rutgers. Versatile and smart guy that played everywhere on the Rutgers o-line. Impressive combine numbers showed his above average athleticism

Re: Under the radar prospects you'd love to see in Baltimore?

I think Bruce Irvin is a pretty sure bet to go in the early/mid 2nd.

One guy I really like that people aren't talking about is Nigel Bradham (LB), Brandon Hardin (S) and Adam Gettis (OG)...

Blog Entries

Nick Toon WR - Wisconsin. It would be great to draft a receiver known for catching everything. Toon has good size and nice speed. He can get down field and open because he understands that's more about moves than speed.

Brandon Taylor SS- LSU. Taylor is a playmaker. He can hit like most strong safeties but he also can knock a sure catch out of the receivers hands at the last second. Not the fastest guy but a smart player who would also be a solid special teams contributor.

Michael Egnew TE- Missouri. Egnew is another one of those Gronkowki wanna-be tight ends who could thrive in the new NFL. He seemed to drop because of a mediocre Senior Bowl but Egnew would be a nice selection in the later rounds.

Brandon Brooks G- Miami(OH) I'm pretty sure Wicked has been all over this guy to. Brooks is a freakin' monster. He 6'5 350 and ran a 40 under 5.0! I'm usually not impressed by workout numbers but this guy is so big that you have to notice. I love the idea of putting a giant next to Birk on the O-line.

Marquis Maze WR- Alabama Maze might be the only player from Alabama not to have any hype going into this draft. As a LSU fan I will tell you that Maze was real pain the ass his whole career. He has that Hines Ward like quality of always making meaningful plays in a game no matter how many balls he catches. Maze is also a very good kick returner which is something the Ravens have been looking for.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by GOTA View Post
    Nick Toon WR - Wisconsin. It would be great to draft a receiver known for catching everything. Toon has good size and nice speed. He can get down field and open because he understands that's more about moves than speed.

Brandon Taylor SS- LSU. Taylor is a playmaker. He can hit like most strong safeties but he also can knock a sure catch out of the receivers hands at the last second. Not the fastest guy but a smart player who would also be a solid special teams contributor.

Michael Egnew TE- Missouri. Egnew is another one of those Gronkowki wanna-be tight ends who could thrive in the new NFL. He seemed to drop because of a mediocre Senior Bowl but Egnew would be a nice selection in the later rounds.

Brandon Brooks G- Miami(OH) I'm pretty sure Wicked has been all over this guy to. Brooks is a freakin' monster. He 6'5 350 and ran a 40 under 5.0! I'm usually not impressed by workout numbers but this guy is so big that you have to notice. I love the idea of putting a giant next to Birk on the O-line.

Marquis Maze WR- Alabama Maze might be the only player from Alabama not to have any hype going into this draft. As a LSU fan I will tell you that Maze was real pain the ass his whole career. He has that Hines Ward like quality of always making meaningful plays in a game no matter how many balls he catches. Maze is also a very good kick returner which is something the Ravens have been looking for.
    GOTA, you've hit on two of my personal favorites : Nick Toon (WR) and B.Brooks (OG).
    I'd love to see them in the 2nd/3rd rounds (no matter who was picked where)... Bc

Blog Entries

The 'Under the Radar' prospect that I would like to see in Baltimore is Greg Childs, the WR from the University of Arkansas. Two years ago, I felt that Greg Childs was a better WR prospect than Julio Jones. Childs was a more reliable pass catcher, while displaying more savvy and coming up with more quality plays in crucial moments of a game.

He has the size, runs a pretty good slant, is willing to go over the middle and can hold onto the ball after taking a tough hit. Although he was not completely used this way at Arkansas, he definitely has the athleticism to be a legitimate 'deep threat' at the NFL level.

Injury is the main reason why Childs will be a late round pick, with a chance to be chosen in the mid rounds. I think that Childs could be had in the fifth round and that is where I would like to see the Ravens take him.
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore

Blog Entries

Childs has a ton of potential. I could see him being a real stud in the red zone. The key is healthy. Childs has a reputation for always being hurt. Is that really the case?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by GOTA View Post
    Childs has a ton of potential. I could see him being a real stud in the red zone. The key is healthy. Childs has a reputation for always being hurt. Is that really the case?
    Two years ago, he had some nicks and bruises. By two years ago, I mean the year before Jones declared. The two of them seemed to be the hottest WRs out there, outside of Crabtree who came out around that time. Then, he did have one major injury.
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore

I love me some Nick Toon. I was a Dolphin fan at one time, and his dad KILLED them just about every time they played, at least that's how it seemed. Always making the tough catch for the crucial 1st down, or TD. Would love to see him in purple and black, but I don't think he's under anyone's radar.

I also like Devon Wylie from Fresno St. for the return game. Small, but fast, decent slot reciever, not afraid to go over the middle, or take a hit. Most like late rounds, or UDFA.

9. Re: Under the radar prospects you'd love to see in Baltimore?

Here's a real sleeper that fills a huge hole for the Ravens:
    Ben Heenan, OG, University of Saskatchewan. He's the top rated draft prospect by the CFL. He played in the East-West Shrine Game, and dominated the US talent. A real road grader. He's 6'4" 315lbs.

As you might expect, a kid from Canada might have a web site trying to get noticed in the US:
    http://benheenan.com/

How about these guys...

Juron Criner, WR, Arizona
    Ladarius Green, TE/WR, La.-Lafayette
    Jonathan Massaquoi, OLB, Troy
    Joe Adams, WR/KR, Arkansas
    Janzen Jackson, FS, McNeese State
    Chase Ford, TE, Miami
    Tank Carder, ILB, TCU

Blog Entries

would love to see one of the Razorback receivers; that'd be awesome

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by BcRaven View Post
    GOTA, you've hit on two of my personal favorites : Nick Toon (WR) and B.Brooks (OG).
    I'd love to see them in the 2nd/3rd rounds (no matter who was picked where)... Bc
    :word
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.