Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Blog Entries

OBYs campaign goes to the dogs: He actually ate one

This is tooooo funnnny.

Another story blows up in OBYs face bringing un-wanted attention from his
    past.

There's the story about Romney's dog that has haunted his election campaign
    somewhat. In 1983 he strapped his dog crate on the roof of his car when they
    went on vacation - a 12 hr ride. The story got out over the years.

Recently someone put it on facebook: dogs vs Romney
    owner. Over 48,000 dog lovers signed on vs Romney.

Recently, OBYs man, Axelrod, tried to capitalize on the story and say how abusive Romney was to dogs. He showed a pic of OBY giving his dog a ride
    in a limo and this is how dogs should travel or something like that.

Romney's team was quick to counter pointing to a chapter out of OBYs book, DEAMS OF MY FATHER, where he admits to eating dogs or at least dog meat and not a hot dog as a poor child in Indonesia. All I gotta say, if people complained about Ann staying home to raise her kids, I'd sure hate to have OBYs mom as a mother and the hell she put him thru as a child.

Now, the shit has hit the fan and dog lovers everywhere are upset at OBY.

The campaign as gone to the dogs as the DEMs pull another stunt to take
    focus off the economy and OBYs non-record to this crap.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/0...n_1433223.html
    Last edited by AirFlacco; 04-18-2012 at 10:37 PM.

Re: OBYs campaign goes to the dogs: He actually ate one

This poor analogy only illustrates the ethocentric nature of conservatives. In Indonesia, it is common to eat dog. Obama was I think 6 or 7 when this occurred. In America, it is not common or even remotely acceptable to put your dog in a cage in the roof of your car. Romney was an adult when he made this decision.

There are many countries where eating dog is acceptable and common. In Ethiopia, dogs are not pets but are akin to rats and despised because of the disease they carry. In Ecuador, it is a delicacy to eat Guinea Pig. We just skin it and shove a stick through it and cook it over a fire. It ia actually quite good but I wouldn't do that here in the states...at least with any of my nontraveling friends around They are rather expensive in the local pet store but nice and fat!

For connies it doesn't need to make sense; it just needs to have the illusion of equivalence.

Blog Entries

Hey Galen - It's your side that brought the shit up to begin with, so you don't like it when
    they counter with the truth. I wouldn't have put the dog up there but nothing happened
    to him so all is well that ends well.

In fact about 2M pets fly in the cargo section of planes every year and about
    20,000 of them die pr yr.

Tango, an Abyssinian cat, was attacked and killed in the cargo hold by a dog that escaped from his kennel. Alaska Airlines found that the dog was placed in a kennel not strong enough to hold him. The dog's owner was taken into police custody and banned from the airline for a year. The dog was banned permanently.

Again, nothing happened to Romney's pet.

It's your side throwing a fit. The fact is, he ate a dog and that's not acceptable here no matter where he ate it.

Anyway, a lot of people are upset over this and it's something OBYs team was better off
    leaving alone.
    Last edited by AirFlacco; 04-19-2012 at 01:40 AM.

Blog Entries

Upon further review nothing will happen to OBY from PETA and the other
    DEM whackos. OBY could strangle a dog with a belt in front of a PETA
    convention and they'd still vote for him.

Im sure he just got the Asian vote.

Did Slick Willie lose those feminist votes after Monica's cum stained
    dress was produced from the ovary office?

:grbac:
    Last edited by AirFlacco; 04-19-2012 at 01:49 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Galen Sevinne View Post
    There are many countries where eating dog is acceptable and common. In Ethiopia, dogs are not pets but are akin to rats and despised because of the disease they carry. In Ecuador, it is a delicacy to eat Guinea Pig. We just skin it and shove a stick through it and cook it over a fire. It ia actually quite good but I wouldn't do that here in the states...at least with any of my nontraveling friends around They are rather expensive in the local pet store but nice and fat!

For connies it doesn't need to make sense; it just needs to have the illusion of equivalence.
    Let me just start off by saying I'm a dog lover.

The fact (I suppose) that Obama ate dog meat as a child would have no baring on whether or not I voted for him or not.

There are countrys and areas in the world where cannabalism (sp?) takes place, and I suppose children there are fed that meat as well I suppose.

With all this being said, the people voting in this country aren't eating either (I suppose), but many have a tendency to vote simply by ethnic backround and religious beliefs.

The illusion of equivalence I think can easily be applied here as well.

People in this country love animals, and I think with the mental makeup of many voters (same people that vote by color of skin, religion, etc.) could also dictate how they perceive eating mans best friend compared to taking it for an inappropriate ride on the car.

Anybody else ever see people taking their pets for rides on the motorcycle and even small children that aren't really developed enough to support themselves in a potentially unfortunate motorcycle incident?

I mean damn, we send human beings out there to beat the crap out of each other in boxing, MMA, etc., and nobody bats an eye.

We send dogs out to fight (see Michael Vick) and the whole country for the most part is in a major uproar.

Bottom line here, I think eating mans best friend versus taking it for an inappropriate car ride is perceived as far worse by many no matter what age it took place.
    Will Die A Ravens Fan!!

Blog Entries

What I think this illustrates is BHO's campaign is so afraid of their record they'd try to create any diversion from it they can.

So Mitt put his dog in a crate and on top of the car. I wouldn't do that, but how is that different from the guys who put a crate on the back of suv's or people who let their dog run around on the back of the truck.

This is just plain stupid, not surprising though when BHO says Bush was unpatriotic for accumulating 4 trillion in 8 years and his admin has 5 in trillion 3.5.....

Quote Originally Posted by AirFlacco View Post
    Hey Galen - It's your side that brought the shit up to begin with, so you don't like it when
    they counter with the truth. I wouldn't have put the dog up there but nothing happened
    to him so all is well that ends well.
    Actually it wasn't the Dems who brought this up. This was brought up a while ago during the beginnings of the primary season by conservatives. It is really a nonissue for me. I am just pointing out the false equivalence arguments that pass so easily for reasonable by connies. Just like the ads we will see on t.v. from both sides, its buttered popcorn for the LIVs.

Sent from my DROID4 using Tapatalk 2

Blog Entries

I am just pointing out the false equivalence arguments that pass so easily for reasonable by connies. Just like the ads we will see on t.v. from both sides, its buttered popcorn for the LIVs.
    I don't know anyone who sees this as an equivalence.

I do know one who tries to say that "connies" see this as an equivalence so they can continue their BS position that progressive thinkers are free thinkers and conservatives just follow what their told.

What I love about hard-core agenda driven liberals like G, is they always accuse "the other side" of what they're guilty of.

Blog Entries

Actually it wasn't the Dems who brought this up. This was brought up a while ago during the beginnings of the primary season by conservatives. It is really a nonissue for me. I am just pointing out the false equivalence arguments that pass so easily for reasonable by connies. Just like the ads we will see on t.v. from both sides, its buttered popcorn for the LIVs.

Bullshit Galen. More shit from you with no link. Diane Sawyer, a liberal DEM journalist ala
    Rathergate and Couric brought the story up when she interviewed Mitt and Ann. Alexrod
    tried to keep it going then they were hit. We would have been discussing this long ago if
    it was brought up way before. OBY loses another one.

http://freedomeden.blogspot.com/2012...-eats-dog.html

Here's a link that states story got out in a Boston Globe article back in 2007. Turns out
    the dog did get diarrhea on the roof and Mitt had to stop and wipe the window clean.
    That's funny but at least Seamus was a happier dog than the one OBY ate.

Axelrod tried to keep it going now. We haven't heard one thing from Romney about
    this story until it went on TV yesterday. Romney is so embarrassed he wouldn't even
    talk about it on TV last night when asked by Hannity so why would they bring it up.

They haven't.

So Galen lies once again and I'm getting sick of exposing so many of them by having to look for links like when you said Michelle went to law school after she had children and I posted
    a link showing she got her degree at Harvard and that's where they met in 1988. Their girls
    were 5 and 7 when he became a Senator from Ill.

Here's a pic Alexrod used of OBY's dog "Bo" in the limo.

http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-503544_1...og-as-a-child/
    Last edited by AirFlacco; 04-19-2012 at 12:52 PM.

Its a non-story Trap.
    Last edited by The Fanatic; 04-19-2012 at 12:39 PM. Reason: personal insult removed

Blog Entries

And Romney agrees with you. He even said this is about jobs and not eating dogs, but don't lie about when it started.

http://hotair.com/archives/2012/04/1...a-eating-dogs/

The fact is, they're the ones trying to keep it going to keep the focus off the economy
    and espcially jobs.

First they attack his wife and that was after OBY said in the last campaign that Michelle
    was off limits. Leave her alone, then a top DEM adviser attacks Ann.

Now they're attack the dog.

Tell them to lay off Galen.
    Last edited by AirFlacco; 04-19-2012 at 01:06 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by AirFlacco View Post
    And Romney agrees with you. He even said this is about jobs and not eating dogs, but don't lie about when it started.

http://hotair.com/archives/2012/04/1...a-eating-dogs/

The fact is, they're the ones trying to keep it going to keep the focus off the economy
    and espcially jobs.

First they attack his wife and that was after OBY said in the last campaign that Michelle
    was off limits. Leave her alone, then a top DEM adviser attacks Ann.

Now they're attack the dog.

Tell them to lay off Galen.
    Okay, next time I am playing golf with Barack I will tell him to stop pointing out how out of touch Romney and his family are.