Page 6 of 18 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: NHL Playoffs

Blog Entries

Re: NHL Playoffs

Hey, I am just now for the first time getting into hockey. I don't know which team to root for though. Which team do you guys root for? (I refuse to root for Penguins since they are steeler fans)

2. Re: NHL Playoffs

Hoping the Caps can pull off the W on Wednesday. It is going to be tough and they blew a great chance at the verizon center. Holtby needs to stay hot and they need to put some traffic in front of Timmy Thomas.

Quote Originally Posted by PurpleApocalypse37 View Post
    Hey, I am just now for the first time getting into hockey. I don't know which team to root for though. Which team do you guys root for? (I refuse to root for Penguins since they are steeler fans)
    I am a Caps fan because of proximity. I started really following sports when I was about 9-10. The Colts were gone and I was living in Clarksville (smack between two cities) so my teams became the Redskins, Orioles and Caps. Once I was out of high school, I spent all of my time in around Baltimore so once the Ravens came to town, my football teams switched but my hockey allegiance stayed the same.

Since Baltimore does not have an NHL franchise, I simply stayed with the Caps. And they have not been particularly easy to which to stay loyal. They always break your heart in the playoffs.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by s.r.genovese View Post
    While the TV market point is accurate, in their final year they struggled to even sell 11,000 season tickets. Ticket sales were also a big issue. It was both.
    That's because they had a new owner and everyone knew they were leaving. He made it pretty clear when he bought the team.

Quote Originally Posted by thebird7689 View Post
    Hoping the Caps can pull off the W on Wednesday. It is going to be tough and they blew a great chance at the verizon center. Holtby needs to stay hot and they need to put some traffic in front of Timmy Thomas.
    I feel like the Caps let their opportunity to win the series slip away last night. Once again, a turnover between the blue lines led to an easy goal. They seemed too tentative bringing it up the ice.

Oh, and yeah I am a Caps fan since the late 80's or so. Al Iafrate used to come on the old 97 Underground station and host once in awhile and was an interesting character. I had only followed them occasionally before that, but he kinda peaked my interest a bit, and I really started getting into it at that point.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonRaven View Post
    I am a Caps fan because of proximity. I started really following sports when I was about 9-10. The Colts were gone and I was living in Clarksville (smack between two cities) so my teams became the Redskins, Orioles and Caps. Once I was out of high school, I spent all of my time in around Baltimore so once the Ravens came to town, my football teams switched but my hockey allegiance stayed the same.

Since Baltimore does not have an NHL franchise, I simply stayed with the Caps. And they have not been particularly easy to which to stay loyal. They always break your heart in the playoffs.
    Hmm. The thing is I actually live in central Pennsylvania. I'm a Ravens fan because my dad was from Baltimore. So proximity-wise there is no reason to be Caps fan, other than perhaps to be fans with fellow Ravens fans. I think I might be Rangers fan, because their goalie is so sexy.

(I saw an hour long special on HBO about how sexy the Rangers goalie is, and how he is a drummer, and listens to Blink182. I'm convinced.)

Listens to Blink 182... That is really something you want to make public about yourself Rangers Goalie???

I am a Caps fan very much the same way Houston is, I grew up in Ellicott City close to Columbia so in between Baltimore and DC, and although I have always associated myself as a Baltimore guy (Live in the city now) they never had a NHL team so I started watching the Caps in Middle School and never gave it up.
    • Section 133 for eternity!
    • I know... The family resemblance is uncanny.
    • START WEARING PURPLE!!!!

iggyman555 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonRaven View Post

So True

I am a military brat so im not really from anywhere. But my dad is from south central pennsylvania so i grew up liking the teams he liked. ravens, o's, and flyers

Hmm. The thing is I actually live in central Pennsylvania. I'm a Ravens fan because my dad was from Baltimore. So proximity-wise there is no reason to be Caps fan, other than perhaps to be fans with fellow Ravens fans.
    I grew up in Harrisburg, and like you, my dad's from B-more...his whole side of the family is there.

In high school, since there was no B-more hockey team to root for, I grew up rooting for the team all my friends rooted for. That was the Penguins. I went through the Lemieux/Jagr era rooting for them as well, and have always been a fan.

I get some very strange looks, and occasionally questions, whenever I'm walking down the street in a Ravens hat and Penguins shirt or vice versa...

- C -
    ---------------------------------------------------

www.oblongspheroid.com

A blog about any and everything football.

Twitter: oblong_spheroid

Quote Originally Posted by psuasskicker View Post
    I grew up in Harrisburg, and like you, my dad's from B-more...his whole side of the family is there.

In high school, since there was no B-more hockey team to root for, I grew up rooting for the team all my friends rooted for. That was the Penguins. I went through the Lemieux/Jagr era rooting for them as well, and have always been a fan.

I get some very strange looks, and occasionally questions, whenever I'm walking down the street in a Ravens hat and Penguins shirt or vice versa...

- C -
    I'm the same way. People always ask me how I can be a Ravens and Penguins fan.

Every time the Ravens play the Steelers, I put all my Penguins gear outside on a chair for the duration of the game to get the bad Pittsburgh mojo out of the house.
    Follow me on twitter at @dandrews66

Hmm. The thing is I actually live in central Pennsylvania. I'm a Ravens fan because my dad was from Baltimore. So proximity-wise there is no reason to be Caps fan, other than perhaps to be fans with fellow Ravens fans. I think I might be Rangers fan, because their goalie is so sexy.

(I saw an hour long special on HBO about how sexy the Rangers goalie is, and how he is a drummer, and listens to Blink182. I'm convinced.)
    Just dont start liking the Flyers
    Follow me on twitter at @dandrews66