Page 5 of 18 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: NHL Playoffs

Re: NHL Playoffs

Go Devils!!! Would be nice to see them take another Cup before Marty packs it in!

Torres suspended 25 games. Well deserved.

- C -
    ---------------------------------------------------

www.oblongspheroid.com

A blog about any and everything football.

Twitter: oblong_spheroid

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by psuasskicker View Post

- C -
    Thank you Shanahan. About time you did the right thing. Can't let the goons get away with trying to hurt players.

Quote Originally Posted by psuasskicker View Post

- C -
    Reminds me of when Scott Stevens laid out Paul Kariya in game 6 of the 03 Stanley Cup Championship.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kiDJ1y7cGIw

Is anyone watching the Caps game?

I'm no hockey expert but does it seem like the Caps are intimidated by the Bruins?

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by bmorebirds_24 View Post
    Is anyone watching the Caps game?

I'm no hockey expert but does it seem like the Caps are intimidated by the Bruins?

I did.

They played well. And I believe the lack of physicality was on purpose.

You don't want to go head to head with a team like the Bruins in terms of hitting. They live for that type of game.

Great win for the Caps!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Raven Maniac View Post
    Reminds me of when Scott Stevens laid out Paul Kariya in game 6 of the 03 Stanley Cup Championship.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kiDJ1y7cGIw
    That wasn't even close to the same hit. Kariya didn't even leave the game and Stevens wasn't penalized. That was a clean hit even though Kariya hit the ice hard.

The Torres hit was like the one that Dale Hunter laid on Pierre Turgeon. That was in the early 90s and it was the first time a player was suspended for more than 20 games.

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonRaven View Post
    I did.

They played well. And I believe the lack of physicality was on purpose.

You don't want to go head to head with a team like the Bruins in terms of hitting. They live for that type of game.

Great win for the Caps!
    It was a great win. I honestly don't know much about hockey and the Bruins seem nasty. Hate to see guys I root for back down, you know? But hey the Caps win and have a chance to take the series tomorrow on their own turf. I'm excited and can't wait for 3 tomorrow.

The Bruins are a team that is comprised of nothing but Goons and Pests, with no other real talent. They win by hitting and pressuring the opposing team's net. The Caps are a team of flashy goal scorers, and a red-hot goalie who doesn't seem fazed by anything. Somehow the Bruins managed to be the highest scoring team this year, with these tactics. I think that is pretty rare, and hey, they are the defending champs, but something about them annoys the crap out of me. Maybe it's their hometown, maybe it's their style of play, but I am glad the Caps are winning the series thus far. Sounds odd coming from a fan of a football team that takes pride in being physical, but I just don't like hockey teams that have tons of Pests, constantly trying to start fights and not even playing the game.

Does anyone know or a member of a Caps message board?

Quote Originally Posted by GOTA View Post
    The problem wasn't ticket revenue with the Whalers. It was the TV market that they were in. The NHL is MLB with each team having to make their own TV deal. Hartford, and all of Connecticut, isn't really it's own market. It's either NY or Boston focused. I live in CT and can't even get CT channels on my DirecTV because this is the NY market and I have never felt like I missed out on anything because of it. No one was going to pay good money to broadcast Whalers games. They actually had better attendance than they do in Carolina. Now they have minor league hockey there that draws pretty good.
    While the TV market point is accurate, in their final year they struggled to even sell 11,000 season tickets. Ticket sales were also a big issue. It was both.

http://fans.capitals.nhl.com/communi...pitals-hockey/

Gear yourselves up! Game 7 on Wednesday!
    90% of the game is half mental