Page 11 of 14 FirstFirst ... 7891011121314 LastLast

Thread: NHL Playoffs

Blog Entries

Re: NHL Playoffs

My heart was pounding for the last five minutes of the game last night. When we came out strong in the first period I knew we were going to win, but still sweating it out there at the end. Strong effort by the Richards/Hagelin/Gaborik line and the Kreider/Callahan/Stepan lines backed up by unbelievable goaltending from Lundqvist - just as I predicted two weeks ago.

Caps need to get rid of Ovechkin, Green, and Semin. Keep Backstrom and build around him. He is their best player. Green and Semin are bad. Green especially, possible he is the single most overrated player in the NHL. Ovechkin is a good player but I definitely think a storm is brewing with Hunter and him, not going to surprise me if Ovechkin wants a trade this offseason.

Tough loss as a Caps fan. Oh well, we're the 7th seed and was surprised that we even made it to the 2nd round.

Our stars like Ovy, Backstrom, Semin have got to be getting frustrated. They can't play to their strengths in this defensive system that Dale Hunter has implemented. The Caps were build to be a high scoring all offense all the time type team that they were a few years ago. If the Caps just had a couple of good shut down defensemen then they wouldn't need everyone to play defense, they could be a balanced team. Score goals and play solid D altogether.
    90% of the game is half mental

If it's Rangers/Kings in the Finals:

If the Rangers win, they'll have had the "easiest" path to a Cup win, facing the 8, 7, 6 and 8 seeds.

But if the Kings win, they'll have had the "toughest" path to a Cup win, facing the 1, 2, 3 and 1 seeds.
    ---------------------------------------------------

www.oblongspheroid.com

A blog about any and everything football.

Twitter: oblong_spheroid

4. Re: NHL Playoffs

Quote Originally Posted by EdReed4HOF View Post
    Tough loss as a Caps fan. Oh well, we're the 7th seed and was surprised that we even made it to the 2nd round.

Our stars like Ovy, Backstrom, Semin have got to be getting frustrated. They can't play to their strengths in this defensive system that Dale Hunter has implemented. The Caps were build to be a high scoring all offense all the time type team that they were a few years ago. If the Caps just had a couple of good shut down defensemen then they wouldn't need everyone to play defense, they could be a balanced team. Score goals and play solid D altogether.
    I could NOT agree with you more! Tough defensemen would have been a nightmare for the Rangers. I just wished Erskin could have been more of a force.

Quote Originally Posted by GOTA View Post
    Dale Hunter was such an asshole as a player I just can't get beyond that with him as coach. He was the Hines Ward of the NHL.
    Well you don't need to worry anymore, as Hunter quit.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by DrUnk View Post
    Well you don't need to worry anymore, as Hunter quit.
    So I see. It's Goodbye Yellow Brick Road

So goodbye yellow brick road
    Where the dogs of society howl
    You can't plant me in your penthouse
    I'm going back to my plough
    He Who Dares.....Wins

Blog Entries

Those Devils that "can score" sure scored alot last night. The two goalies playing out west aren't the only elite ones left. Funny thing is I don't think the Rangers played their best last night, yet still ended with a dominant win.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Bhcforlife View Post
    Those Devils that "can score" sure scored alot last night. The two goalies playing out west aren't the only elite ones left. Funny thing is I don't think the Rangers played their best last night, yet still ended with a dominant win.
    The Devils were rusty. Not playing in a week really killed their momentum. They couldn't even get through the defense to get quality shots on goal. They're going to have to ramp up the physicality if they are going to be able to get past the Rangers. If they don't this is going to be a short series.
    He Who Dares.....Wins

Blog Entries

Devils bounce back. The focus was on rebounds and bounces instead of clear shots. That was the difference. When you are as experienced as the Devils it makes it a lot easier to adjust.
    He Who Dares.....Wins

Maybe it is the competition, but the LA Kings look much more crisp and fluid than either the Rangers or the Devils. That team is hitting on all cylinders right now. They have completely dominated in all areas of the game.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by alien bird View Post
    Maybe it is the competition, but the LA Kings look much more crisp and fluid than either the Rangers or the Devils. That team is hitting on all cylinders right now. They have completely dominated in all areas of the game.
    That is true. The Kings look like the best team in hockey right now. Very similar to the Giants in the NFL last year.
    He Who Dares.....Wins

Quote Originally Posted by GOTA View Post
    That is true. The Kings look like the best team in hockey right now. Very similar to the Giants in the NFL last year.
    Crazy how all of the sudden they are scoring almost at will. Hard to say their not the favorite the way their playing right now.

Kings are showing the level of parity in the NHL is almost unmatched.

If you make the tournament, you have as good a shot as any to win it all. Seeding is almost meaningless.
    WARNING: This post may contain material offensive to those who lack wit, humor, common sense and/or supporting factual or anecdotal evidence. All statements and assertions contained herein may be subject to literary devices not limited to: irony, metaphor, allusion and dripping sarcasm.

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonRaven View Post
    Kings are showing the level of parity in the NHL is almost unmatched.

If you make the tournament, you have as good a shot as any to win it all. Seeding is almost meaningless.
    Additionally, the standings were so close that the Kings (40-27-15), as a #8 seed, had 95 points and the Coyotes (42-27-13), as a #3 seed, has 97 points. The difference in five places in the standings was two overtime wins.

It's less about any of that and more about having the best goal tender in the league. Goal tending can single-handedly make you a Cup contender. Now, granted, the Kings are firing on offense really well right now. But Quick is close to 1.5 GAA in the playoffs, and that is pure insanity.

- C -
    ---------------------------------------------------

www.oblongspheroid.com

A blog about any and everything football.

Twitter: oblong_spheroid