Page 11 of 14 FirstFirst ... 7891011121314 LastLast
Results 151 to 165 of 207

Thread: NHL Playoffs

  1. #151
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Calvert County
    Posts
    2,850
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: NHL Playoffs



    My heart was pounding for the last five minutes of the game last night. When we came out strong in the first period I knew we were going to win, but still sweating it out there at the end. Strong effort by the Richards/Hagelin/Gaborik line and the Kreider/Callahan/Stepan lines backed up by unbelievable goaltending from Lundqvist - just as I predicted two weeks ago.

    Caps need to get rid of Ovechkin, Green, and Semin. Keep Backstrom and build around him. He is their best player. Green and Semin are bad. Green especially, possible he is the single most overrated player in the NHL. Ovechkin is a good player but I definitely think a storm is brewing with Hunter and him, not going to surprise me if Ovechkin wants a trade this offseason.




  2. #152
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Land of the crab-cake
    Posts
    709

    Re: NHL Playoffs

    Tough loss as a Caps fan. Oh well, we're the 7th seed and was surprised that we even made it to the 2nd round.

    Our stars like Ovy, Backstrom, Semin have got to be getting frustrated. They can't play to their strengths in this defensive system that Dale Hunter has implemented. The Caps were build to be a high scoring all offense all the time type team that they were a few years ago. If the Caps just had a couple of good shut down defensemen then they wouldn't need everyone to play defense, they could be a balanced team. Score goals and play solid D altogether.
    90% of the game is half mental




  3. #153

    Re: NHL Playoffs

    If it's Rangers/Kings in the Finals:

    If the Rangers win, they'll have had the "easiest" path to a Cup win, facing the 8, 7, 6 and 8 seeds.

    But if the Kings win, they'll have had the "toughest" path to a Cup win, facing the 1, 2, 3 and 1 seeds.
    ---------------------------------------------------

    www.oblongspheroid.com

    A blog about any and everything football.

    Twitter: oblong_spheroid




  4. Re: NHL Playoffs

    Quote Originally Posted by EdReed4HOF View Post
    Tough loss as a Caps fan. Oh well, we're the 7th seed and was surprised that we even made it to the 2nd round.

    Our stars like Ovy, Backstrom, Semin have got to be getting frustrated. They can't play to their strengths in this defensive system that Dale Hunter has implemented. The Caps were build to be a high scoring all offense all the time type team that they were a few years ago. If the Caps just had a couple of good shut down defensemen then they wouldn't need everyone to play defense, they could be a balanced team. Score goals and play solid D altogether.
    I could NOT agree with you more! Tough defensemen would have been a nightmare for the Rangers. I just wished Erskin could have been more of a force.




  5. #155
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Hazzard County
    Posts
    1,347

    Re: NHL Playoffs

    Quote Originally Posted by GOTA View Post
    Dale Hunter was such an asshole as a player I just can't get beyond that with him as coach. He was the Hines Ward of the NHL.
    Well you don't need to worry anymore, as Hunter quit.




  6. #156
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Wilton, CT
    Posts
    16,033
    Blog Entries
    7

    Re: NHL Playoffs

    Quote Originally Posted by DrUnk View Post
    Well you don't need to worry anymore, as Hunter quit.
    So I see. It's Goodbye Yellow Brick Road

    So goodbye yellow brick road
    Where the dogs of society howl
    You can't plant me in your penthouse
    I'm going back to my plough
    He Who Dares.....Wins




  7. #157
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Calvert County
    Posts
    2,850
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: NHL Playoffs

    Those Devils that "can score" sure scored alot last night. The two goalies playing out west aren't the only elite ones left. Funny thing is I don't think the Rangers played their best last night, yet still ended with a dominant win.




  8. #158
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Wilton, CT
    Posts
    16,033
    Blog Entries
    7

    Re: NHL Playoffs

    Quote Originally Posted by Bhcforlife View Post
    Those Devils that "can score" sure scored alot last night. The two goalies playing out west aren't the only elite ones left. Funny thing is I don't think the Rangers played their best last night, yet still ended with a dominant win.
    The Devils were rusty. Not playing in a week really killed their momentum. They couldn't even get through the defense to get quality shots on goal. They're going to have to ramp up the physicality if they are going to be able to get past the Rangers. If they don't this is going to be a short series.
    He Who Dares.....Wins




  9. #159
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Wilton, CT
    Posts
    16,033
    Blog Entries
    7

    Re: NHL Playoffs

    Devils bounce back. The focus was on rebounds and bounces instead of clear shots. That was the difference. When you are as experienced as the Devils it makes it a lot easier to adjust.
    He Who Dares.....Wins




  10. #160
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    San Dimas, CA
    Posts
    7,793

    Re: NHL Playoffs

    Maybe it is the competition, but the LA Kings look much more crisp and fluid than either the Rangers or the Devils. That team is hitting on all cylinders right now. They have completely dominated in all areas of the game.




  11. #161
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Wilton, CT
    Posts
    16,033
    Blog Entries
    7

    Re: NHL Playoffs

    Quote Originally Posted by alien bird View Post
    Maybe it is the competition, but the LA Kings look much more crisp and fluid than either the Rangers or the Devils. That team is hitting on all cylinders right now. They have completely dominated in all areas of the game.
    That is true. The Kings look like the best team in hockey right now. Very similar to the Giants in the NFL last year.
    He Who Dares.....Wins




  12. #162
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Clayton,NC
    Posts
    7,742

    Re: NHL Playoffs

    Quote Originally Posted by GOTA View Post
    That is true. The Kings look like the best team in hockey right now. Very similar to the Giants in the NFL last year.
    Crazy how all of the sudden they are scoring almost at will. Hard to say their not the favorite the way their playing right now.




  13. #163
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Houston, TX Y'all
    Posts
    27,504
    Kings are showing the level of parity in the NHL is almost unmatched.

    If you make the tournament, you have as good a shot as any to win it all. Seeding is almost meaningless.
    WARNING: This post may contain material offensive to those who lack wit, humor, common sense and/or supporting factual or anecdotal evidence. All statements and assertions contained herein may be subject to literary devices not limited to: irony, metaphor, allusion and dripping sarcasm.




  14. #164
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    San Dimas, CA
    Posts
    7,793

    Re: NHL Playoffs

    Quote Originally Posted by HoustonRaven View Post
    Kings are showing the level of parity in the NHL is almost unmatched.

    If you make the tournament, you have as good a shot as any to win it all. Seeding is almost meaningless.
    Additionally, the standings were so close that the Kings (40-27-15), as a #8 seed, had 95 points and the Coyotes (42-27-13), as a #3 seed, has 97 points. The difference in five places in the standings was two overtime wins.




  15. #165

    Re: NHL Playoffs

    It's less about any of that and more about having the best goal tender in the league. Goal tending can single-handedly make you a Cup contender. Now, granted, the Kings are firing on offense really well right now. But Quick is close to 1.5 GAA in the playoffs, and that is pure insanity.

    - C -
    ---------------------------------------------------

    www.oblongspheroid.com

    A blog about any and everything football.

    Twitter: oblong_spheroid




Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Russell Street Report Website Design by D3Corp Ocean City Maryland