Page 4 of 18 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: NHL Playoffs

Worst possible start the Pens could imagine.

Fine by me. Fleury lets a soft one through and the Flyers are already on their second power play.

Blog Entries

Re: NHL Playoffs

Quote Originally Posted by s.r.genovese View Post
    While I agree with you about the price gouging, it is also important to note that the Whalers no longer exist, mainly because of a lack of revenue. While we all love having cheap ticket prices, teams have to stay viable. The Whalers didn't.
    The problem wasn't ticket revenue with the Whalers. It was the TV market that they were in. The NHL is MLB with each team having to make their own TV deal. Hartford, and all of Connecticut, isn't really it's own market. It's either NY or Boston focused. I live in CT and can't even get CT channels on my DirecTV because this is the NY market and I have never felt like I missed out on anything because of it. No one was going to pay good money to broadcast Whalers games. They actually had better attendance than they do in Carolina. Now they have minor league hockey there that draws pretty good.

I'm a Caps fan, I think it will hard for them to get out of the first round. Goaltending can take you a long way in the playoffs and right now, Tim Thomas looks like the hottest goalie. Although Hotlby is not to far behind Thomas in GAA. If the Caps are gonna pull this series off, they'll have to stop turning the puck over and stop taking dumb penalties. I hope I am wrong, but I do not see them advancing. BTW, the Caps are playing in Baltimore again in September
    Lovin me some section 543

As a Pens fan, I can't remember a time I was ever embarrassed to be a fan, prior to this past Sunday. I was ready to be done with them, but after the douchebaggery by both sides now, I can't feel too bad continuing to root for them. Still, I'm really displeased with how they've acted...it's been disgusting.

Quote Originally Posted by NCRAVEN View Post
    The only thing worse than the Flyers defense is the Penguins. I don't dislike the Flyers but I wouldn't use this series a measurement.
    The thing is, the Pens defense has actually been very good up until this series. It's like, against the Flyers and islanders, they simply have no clue how to defend them. It's frustrating as hell. But their defense and Fleury are usually very good.

Quote Originally Posted by madmikey View Post
    Marian Hossa. Hit was by Torres. A couple of years ago it would have been a legal hit - nowadays who knows (kind of like the NFL that way)? Given Torres' history (he knocked out Seabrook last year) I would expect a hefty suspension.
    This was gross. Frankly, the entire first round of the playoffs has been disgusting in this regard. But Torres, in my opinion, should be banned from the game. He's completely over the line and this sort of play shouldn't be allowed anymore. I would assume he'll get nothing less than 10 games, and it likely goes into next year if the Yotes are out in less.

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonRaven View Post
    Agree with GOTA.

Once I saw it live, I was hooked. TV does not do the game justice, although the advent of HDTV has helped some. Caps tix are insanely expensive though. If you can make the trek, head up to Hershey and watch the Bears.
    I agree as well although I'll say I didn't need to see it live to really become a fan. To me, there's nothing better than playoff hockey. There's absolutely no bigger gap between regular season play and post season play in any sport, and IMO, there's no sport with a more exciting post season. This year has been no different.

The Caps game has been great tonight so far. Some terrific goal-tending by the Caps guy.

- C -
    ---------------------------------------------------

www.oblongspheroid.com

A blog about any and everything football.

Twitter: oblong_spheroid

Blog Entries

Devils came back strong tonight. The Panthers aren't going to know what to do at goalie on Saturday

Blog Entries

That... was exciting!!!!!

So glad the Caps won. Great to see Holtby bounce back. With a hot goalie anything is possible.
    90% of the game is half mental

Holtby was lights out!

That kid is special. He's going to be a Cap for a long time.

Holtby was lights out!

Agreed, that was a special performance, reminded me of Hacek in his hey day. What a nailbiter at the end.

Great overall win and game for the Caps:
    Only one penalty
    Didn't give away as many turn overs leading to breaks.

Sent from my DROID2 using Tapatalk 2
    • Section 133 for eternity!
    • I know... The family resemblance is uncanny.
    • START WEARING PURPLE!!!!

Holtby was lights out!

I agree, this guys is something special. I think part of it is his amazing glovework, gleaned from his days of playing catcher. The rest is that the kid just does not get rattled.

Holtby has potential. He is a product of Hershey. A Hershey team that is used to winning. I hope he can keep it up and carry ot over into next season. rgardless, his play makes it much easier to let T Vokoun (sp?) go after the playoffs. Holtby has earned to be our backup if not #1 starter.

After such an average season where they had to scratch just to make the playoffs, its nice to see the guys hold their own against one of the best n the NHL.

Go CAPS

Caps today at 3 who is tuning in? I am really pumped for the game. Go Caps!

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk