Page 18 of 18 FirstFirst ... 161718

Thread: NHL Playoffs

Blog Entries

Re: NHL Playoffs

Quote Originally Posted by psuasskicker View Post
    The 87-88 Oilers are probably the only other team legitimately in the conversation, but they didn't face as tough a road as this year's Kings team did. The Oilers were 3rd overall in points that season and beat the 1, 4, 5 and 13th in points in 18 games. The Kings were 13th in overall points this season, and beat the 1, 2, 8 and 11th in points in 20 games.

I'm not saying the Kings post-season was definitely more dominant. I'm saying they belong in the conversation. Had they swept the Flyers, I don't think it's even a question.

- C -
    I'm already reading articles about how the Kings can repeat next year. That tells me that this Kings team made a huge impact so you can make a good argument for it.

They've really got some exceptional young stars on that team. But it starts and ends with Quick. That dude made a legit argument to be compared with Roy's rookie post-season as one of the best performances by a goalie ever. If he's the real deal like that, this is almost without question only the first in a string he'll win.

- C -
    ---------------------------------------------------

www.oblongspheroid.com

A blog about any and everything football.

Twitter: oblong_spheroid

Here's some ammunition for those of you - more than a few, as I recall - who hate the Devils.

The Devils appear to be hiding the Cup-winning puck.
    Festivus

His definitions and arguments were so clear in his own mind that he was unable to understand how any reasonable person could honestly differ with him.